1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Articles Link

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by JellyOs, Oct 21, 2011.

1. JellyOs

JellyOs

Okay, minor nitpick. When you click on Articles on the smogon homepage you get sent to the D/P articles section, not the BW. I don't know if it's intended, just saying it though.
  2. (makeup)

(makeup)
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

while we're talking about articles links, why is the layout so weird?

currently we have

smogon.com/

1) bw/articles
    2) dp/articles
    3) articles/

(3 gives general articles)

why don't we just do smogon.com/articles/* with bw or dp able to go there

btw I don't know if this is intentional but /articles is a broken link without a forward slash at the end
  3. Delko

Delko After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

4. JellyOs

JellyOs

There's still a B/W articles page, so shouldn't the home link go to the current generation?
  5. DJXO9

DJXO9

I'm also pretty sure that there isn't a hyperlink anywhere to http://www.smogon.com/articles/ on the homepage when there definitely should be. Atm the only way to get there is to manually type it in.
  6. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Never did anything about Swagger
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

While this is here, the BW page doesn't have its own hyperlink despite there being a place for one and it existing.
  7. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yes, we're aware of the terrible way articles are currently organized. There's a re-design in the works to fix that =)
  8. capefeather

capefeather toot
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

There's always a redesign "in the works"... I don't think we should let parts of the site or sim rot for the promise of a redesign. I thought we learned from "Shoddy Battle 2" and Doug's redesign plans (not his fault, but not something that is preventable in the current case, either).
  9. TheBaron

TheBaron

^I could not agree more.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)