Artists needed for Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
chaos and I are hoping to rally Smogon's XY players to achieve the top ranks in Battle Spot. We hope to utilize Smogon's up-and-coming Tumblr to publicize a "race to the top"-style contest that will award Smogon's highest ranking players with Smogon U t-shirts. After the initial announcement of the contest on our Tumblr, we are going to run a 10-piece miniseries on the top 10 BS singles Pokemon that are available with ONLY XY access.

Because Tumblr is such a visually-oriented social media platform, we want artwork to be the main focus of these posts. Once our viewers are roped in by the artwork (which I know will be gorgeous with the amount of talent on Smogon), we will provide a short blurb and link them to a forum thread that explains how to go about recreating the Pokemon in-game and how to use them effectively online on Battle Spot.

This is what I need from you, Smogon's artists: artwork for these ten Pokemon:
  1. Garchomp [elcheeso]
  2. Mega Kangaskhan (can be Kangaskhan mega-evolving) [paintseagull]
  3. Aegislash [Zracknel]
  4. Talonflame [Arkeis]
  5. Azumarill [princessofmusic]
  6. Gengar (can be mega) [Magistrum]
  7. Gyarados (or Mega Gyarados) [Sephirona]
  8. Rotom-W [The Mega Lotad]
  9. Scizor [ZapDraws]
  10. Mega Venusaur (can be Venusaur mega-evolving) [Bummer]
Keep in mind that our Tumblr will only accommodate artwork that is 500 pixels wide (wider artwork is fine, but we will have to crop or resize). The ideal size is 500 x 600. Artwork may be in the form of an animated .gif. In the event your artwork is chosen, you will also have the opportunity to advertise your Smogon art thread / DeviantArt / etc. in the same post!

Submissions are open to anyone, but I am going to tag Yilx and Bummer because I think their art styles would work very well for this contest.

The deadline is tentatively in two weeks. I will provide more specific information in a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I'd like to draw Mega Gyarados for this, please. :)

Also, please note that if you plan to draw an animated gif artwork for the Tumblr, its filesize will have to be less than 1 mb and you will need to be careful not to include cyans or magentas that are too saturated because Tumblr will not accept them without adjustments.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Oh, this seems fun ;3 can I have a go with (Mega) Gengar?

Edit: Rough WIP, will paint it digitally.

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Do we need to select only one or can we do as many as we want?
I'd like to feature as many different artists as possible. For now, try to stick to one. If we end up not having enough to go around, you'll be able to do multiple.

Awesome Arkeis!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
Hi reserving Azumarill, I wanted to do Talonflame but I was too late. Here's a very early WIP:

View attachment 10614

EDIT: I know it says the ideal size is 500 x 600, but I didn't have any ideas for a portrait-oriented picture and this came to me instead. Let me know if that's a problem.
This looks excellent so far! I can't wait to see what you come up with as well Agous. Thanks guys!

Uh I might see if I can do garchomp but anyone else feel free to also do it since I make no guarantees about finishing. Art slumps ftl.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
Alright, dibs on Gyarados. Also gonna grab the opportunity and highlight Nastyjungle, as she would certainly make M-Venusaur justice.
Sephirona "called" that one in the first post after the OP. Would it be possible for one of you to do regular Gyarados and one of you to do Mega, and we could feature them side-by-side?

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
oh dang, must have missed that post. I'll hold off nabbing that last Venusaur slot, then, but if nj don't want it then I can take it.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
Awesome! I just spoke with Sephirona as well and we can feature two images in a single post in the cases of the Mega Pokemon if people want to split them up.

oh dang, must have missed that post. I'll hold off nabbing that last Venusaur slot, then, but if nj don't want it then I can take it.
if only i wasnt so fucking busy i would

ps its me hijacking zracknels account while hes at my house

Stellar

of the Distant Past
As an update, Sephirona and ium are looking to make some changes before our Tumblr launches, meaning we have an extended deadline for these pieces. For now, there isn't any rush if you need extra time to perfect them and whatnot.

ALSO!!!!!!! Thanks Bummer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)