ARTSY FARTSY

SOOOOOOOOO yeah this is where I plan on arting a bunch P:
It consists mainly of traditional stuff, I tend to have a bit of a 'sketchy' like style and deal mainly with markers and pens, BUT I do plan on messing around more with a bunch of watercolors and colored pencils VERY soon.
  • I'd love to get into more digital related art, but I have the technical know how of a rock. Obviously there's google, but every time I try to research I just feel overwhelmed with info! Is there a clear website? A common thread? Any advice or know how as to the first steps to make that transition would be HELLA welcome
Feedback and tips always welcome!! As I hope to challenge myself with this thread *strong arm emoji*

TRIGGER WARNING: Cursing. (I have a potty mouth, and so does my art, and as I don't have a method to digitally edit out curse words on my drawings without messing up the original piece...or plan on sticking my hand in the picture well...I'll do my best)

Some of the images might be humorously huge, until I figure out how to fix that, lets just say...here's a shoutout to all my fellow bad eyesight viewers *finger guns*

Damn I'm not too good at keeping up with this first post, feel free to keep scrolling chances are you'll see something newer haha

• Also! Feel free to hit me up with some Requests! I'd love the challenge!
I'm loving the subject of drawing your pokemon around while doing day to day activities!!

Detail--->

New from 08/26/2016 :
Maaaaaaaan it feels like I haven't had a good nights sleep in a week. I just can't got to sleep!!
Fudge
Luckily there's the LC poke fam

detail -->

My Radical Punk Child

Started off a while ago with Ditto realizing there has yet to be any art of a Mimikyu Abra, and it sort of evolved into a mini quick comic hihi

The Pokemon Daily Draw was to draw a random Pokemon fused with your favorite Pokemon, when I saw the word ‘fuse’ I knew what I had to do, and let’s just say my heart did a summersault when I saw poliwhirl’s animation just jigging back and forth haha
(in all honesty I think I had the most fun drawing poliwhirl and tyrunt fusion dancing together haha!)

I’m here for the serious stuff dudes ~ and feel free to listen to "Take on Me" by A -ha for the full experience hihi

Now at first I thought cmon I can’t just slap boxing gloves on a huge dinosaur looking Pokemon… And then I whispered into the night and said “it just might be what the world needs”

So I thought, well…better make it 4 armed

I used a still from ‘We’re Back a Dinosaurs Tale’ as a pose reference as I wanted that Sugilite big feel, and Rex laughing during the parade scene was just the awesome angle I needed!

detail --->

I’d like to think Lapis and I’d be bros. Also I'm really, really pleased with how this came out, the idea came to me while listening to Night Vale at the gym *shrugaroooo*

Detail -->

As many awesome thoughts do in a shower, an idea came to me of a potential comic idea. A sort of Homeward Bound / Land Before Time / 101 Dalmatians esque comic about a bunch of lost pokemon ( both physically and emotionally) + shenanigans!

The following are some SUPER sloppy quick concept ideas:

More to come! And maybe even... THE ACTUAL COMIC?!?! *G*A*S*P*
idk

Haza! There I S more!! The continued concept sketches!!
oh geeze I wonder what happened ~

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
ur icon is cute and im excited to see if ur art is as cute as u seem to be

welcome to smorgin

Started off a while ago with Ditto realizing there has yet to be any art of a Mimikyu Abra, and it sort of evolved into a mini quick comic hihi

Honestly I don't think there is an in-between with these sizes sometimes, Im so sorry XD

The Selkie Twins is also pretty old. After looking up some stuff on Selkies, and chatting about them for a reason I can't remember anymore with Ditto, I came up with an idea between two Selkie siblings who didn't quite know they had Selkie in them just yet (as in they're daughters of a 100% Selkie)
They have a great relationship with one another and are really supportive!
Don't have names for them just yet... Let me know if you want to see more of them! Or maybe I'll do more with them later on idk

CONTINUING YE OL ART DUMP from when I was messing around with my new watercolor pen, but had no actual water colors SO I improvised with grounded up instant coffee

A couple weeks back there was a fire near where I live in Burbank and I’ve never lived in an area where that’s happened before…nor seen the results SO it was a bit of a surprise seeing the sky suddenly apocalyptically brown. Not sure I did the best job capturing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So my Mamma is visiting me, and has been trying to leave for a while but hasnt been able to due to delayed flights and finding out one of the airlines had to do an emergency landing, ect. ect.

AND asked me to draw a step by step of a new move she learned in her foil fencing class in her fencing notebook thing. I think it turned out pretty decent, some of the poses were a bitch haha but all around fun especially with the background sound of the Olympics blaring and my mom excitedly screaming at the screen. (Still a little salty for team Italy + USA )

detail-->
I'm so amused with my own coloring choice for the shoes hihi very Disney I think.

inadvertent spongebob meme is that you? -->

oooooolllllddddd but still true

I fell in love with the Kindergarten Kid episode, and like many, all I could think of was Wile E Coyote (Genius Extraordinaire) ~

Also fuck meeeee I drew Peridot's gem wrong! of all things!!! geeze lol

Also a Lapis! About to binge on Camp Pining Hearts

I’d like to think Lapis and I’d be bros. Also I'm really, really pleased with how this came out, the idea came to me while listening to Night Vale at the gym *shrugaroooo*

Detail -->

The Pokemon Daily Draw was to draw a random Pokemon fused with your favorite Pokemon, when I saw the word ‘fuse’ I knew what I had to do, and let’s just say my heart did a summersault when I saw poliwhirl’s animation just jigging back and forth haha
(in all honesty I think I had the most fun drawing poliwhirl and tyrunt fusion dancing together haha!)

I’m here for the serious stuff dudes ~ and feel free to listen to "Take on Me" by A -ha for the full experience hihi

Now at first I thought cmon I can’t just slap boxing gloves on a huge dinosaur looking Pokemon… And then I whispered into the night and said “it just might be what the world needs”

So I thought, well…better make it 4 armed

I used a still from ‘We’re Back a Dinosaurs Tale’ as a pose reference as I wanted that Sugilite big feel, and Rex laughing during the parade scene was just the awesome angle I needed!

detail --->

I'm loving the subject of drawing your pokemon around while doing day to day activities!!

Detail--->

[/hide= When you finally do that thing you were dreading]

[/hide]

Last edited:
*~WITCHY ART CHALLENGE~*
EVERY DAY A DIFFERENT WITCH RELATED DRAWING !
WITCHSONA~*

So! Yeah I’ve decided to start doing the challenge (in the middle of the month pff I know, but I was eager to start it)

As my witchsona it’s a kitchen witch, as I always feel my witchy-ist while cooking, and cmon there’s always been something magical about food hihi

Uses her magic mostly for healing. She sometimes sells comfort food (especially carb related) to modern stores, those who eat it feel especially comforted lol, she reads the future with the residue of olive oil. A short temper with picky eaters (the “ew I’m not eating that cuz it looks weird” kind, she totally respects those who are picky because of body reasons and so forth) uuuhhhh she causes herself a lot of shenanigans, and may or may not have been part of a witchy cannibalistic cult (but those were older times)

DETAIL--->

Witchy Art Challenge Day 2 An Altar

Really quick, pretty sloppy, but my hand is kinda hurting me today

So yeah, I felt like redrawing this. Also, holy moly am I behind!!

-->detail

DAY 3 A Familiar

Gosh I loved drawing these!! I wanted to do something a little more delicate and tried using colored pencils. It was originally going to be this Borzoi Fox mix thing, but I like how it turned out
Can you guess the lovely Familiar’s name? Hihi

pretty sure I fell in love with this wispy pupper

A working place

Continuing with the witchsona life style, I’m having fun exploring this!! Used a reference of Monet's studio and really loved using those European rustic tones and colors, made me a little homesick tho.

Hopefully more to come, man am I behind!
5 and 6 have yet to be penned and colored

detail -->

Day 5 Witchcraft Tool(( s ))
I just couldn’t decide!!! I love the idea of behind the witchingcloak (also it’s fun to say)
But also I love the idea of flying around on a broom, probably my dream since itty bitty
And I had to mention tarot as it was my obsession as a freshman in college haha

I delayed on coloring this a lot mainly because I wasn’t sure about the pose of the witching cloak user, but then I stopped caring haha, I can always come back to it later.

detail --->

Day 6 A book of Shadow
Ugh it could have been cool

Last edited:
wha wha

<--actual still life of my hanging succulents (They're growing so fast! Dino skull not included)

I haven't forgotten about these but rather got carried away a little with Day 7 and turned it into a full comic idea haha (and then got hit by the art block truck before finishing it).

These are the 2 pages I've drawn for it, the third page to come and soon to be colored. I was thinking maybe using colored pencil and watercolor for the magic effect...or have it slowly switch to marker by the end. idk We'll see~

Also guess who can't spell *finger guns* pffff

detail-->

Last edited:
Art Dump!
A lot of the following is going to be related to my first game of smog-begone Mafia game! The Mafia game was Weeb themed, myself being Cowboy Bebop, Good Anime scum hihi (well I won't mention too much as its still on going, but I'm dead now so a few things can be shared now )

I was gmaxed and subsequently found out what gmaxing means lol my doodley-doo response P:

Did I mention how much I really want an Akira jacket?

And so my Bebop homage to getting lynched turns into a JoJo meme, such is art my friends.

*Jojo Poses out of existence*

Detail -->

I had so much fun! Also please watch 'The Sting'

about to be huge--->

Time to get mushy washy!!!

Something happens to me when I think about the show and listen to its soundtrack, specifically “Farewell Blues”. It draws a sort of nihilism in me, with poetry and smoke, it makes me want to go to a piano bar or jazz club and slow dance until my heart aches and bleeds into the creases of the floorboards. The want to hold a hand so bad and all there is to hold is a chilling glass of alcohol. Of passion, and it’s absence, or rather its sedation via struggling apathy.

Below there might be a few hat nods you can notice to some of my favorite 20's-early 40's movies/books
Lauren Bacall's famous lighting of the cigarette from "To Have and Have Not" and The Great Gatsby

Detail --->

Below is the color testing I’d do with various colored pencils and markers before working on the “real stuff” but I think it’s twice as pretty really
I love silhouettes! Especially of people being all touchy feely and lonely haha

All and all I’m genuinely happy with the cards I’ve been dealt, even the bad ones. I wouldn’t be the awesome person I am today without them. And it’s safe to say I’m happy where I am and adore the people I’ve come across and still are in my life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)