ASB Council #12 - Applications Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
c/p'ed from Frosty's #11 thread. With some cheeky edits.
Term is ~4 months.
The current council will last until this one is elected.

The purpose of this thread will be to identify applicants for the ASB Council prior to a forum vote. By this point you should know what the council does and what you need to be on it (if you don't then don't apply this term really), but the following are criteria you should convince people you have fulfilled before applying.

• Activity: Applicants must be consistently active in ASB. Applicants must utilise IRC for the purpose of communication with fellow Councilmen. Applicants must not be users prone to leaving on frequent, unannounced breaks.
  • Longevity: Applicants must have been involved with ASB for a lengthy duration of time. This duration of time is arbitrary, but important. In essence, we want Council members to have an understanding of the history of ASB. If you joined ASB only recently, do not expect to be chosen.
  • Knowledge: This is a critical criterion. Applicants must be knowledgeable about the mechanics of ASB, and about balance and so forth. This can be demonstrated in various ways, including battling prowess. One must have a concept of balance in ASB, and must be rational and level-headed in such matters.
When applying, please post a little bit about why you are a worthy applicant and why you would do well on the council.

The process will be the same as last time: We will vote for the first 3 people on the council in the first vote, the 4th and 5th members in a second vote, and (only if there are more than 10 applications) the 6th and 7th voters in the final vote, thereby accounting for changes in vote strategy based on prior members.

With that said, apply away! Applications will last 72 hours, at which point the first series of votes will occur.

Best of luck thoughts! (You shouldn't get on Council by luck, anyway)

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think I shall try to remain incumbent for one more term.

Activity: Okay I'm starting to lose ground on this criteria but for Arceus' sake I'm still the most active Council member whenever I'm on term.
Longetivity: Joined in 2012. Started reffing a year later. Was never the top brass, but I serve the middle class ;)
Knowledge: I do a lot of fact-checking with Handbook and NDA because I don't trust my memory. I do trust my rationale and my temper though.

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Tossing my hat into the ring for this.

Activity: Still excessively active, in all facets of ASB.
Longevity: Well, I've been around since early October of last year, so about 10+ months, which I think works. Right?
Knowledge: Completed Reffing 202 like 7-8 months ago. I ref constantly, like constantly, like always, and generally with precision. I do know a lot of the mechanics and other things in ASB, be it through extensive reffing or some mishaps here and there in battling (and boy are there a lot of those), and of course I still bother other people when I am not too sure on how something works.

• Activity: I'm always here.
  • Longevity: I doubt I fit this criteria, having been here 6 months, but I've studied up on older stuff. And my six months are very packed full of battles and learning the game.
  • Knowledge: I read everything new in ASB, and have extensive in-game knowhow to back up my ASB repertoire. I've got a good grasp on most of ASB's mechanics, even though I'm garbage at doubles lol

I guess I'll apply for this.
  • Activity: I have been fairly active throughout my membership in ASB, with the exception of an unannounced hiatus due to real life reasons that lasted from approximately December 2015 – March 2016. Also, I managed to successfully balance many reffings and battles in the past, if that means anything.
  • Longevity: My stay in the ASB sub forum has lasted for over 3 years, and I lurked for a while before forgetting about the game, which delayed the creation of my profile until July 2013. For the sake of example, I can remember the debates on topics such as "Burn the Bellsprout", and the times when Sheer Force Cyclohm still existed.
  • Knowledge: I like to delude myself into thinking believe that I have amassed a sufficient amount of knowledge with regards to the game itself, its inner workings and policies, and so forth as a result of my aforementioned lurking, my somewhat existent skill at the game, and the admittedly declining frequency with which I reffed battles.

• Activity: I am in a TLR, a gym qual, co-hosting a tournament, flashed once today, and am starting a more serious training match, so I would say I'm decently active. I'm also on IRC far more than I should be, which would be beneficial for this. I think the only unannounced absence I've had in the last few months that lasted more than a day was because I had forgotten to mention that I would be in a tropical storm that would knock my electricity out for a day.
  • Longevity: I've been here for 18 months, so I would have been here long enough.
  • Knowledge: I'm fairly knowledgeable on mechanics and pretty decent of a battler, I'd say. I'm not exactly amazing, but I feel like I'm better than most people seem to believe.

I'll apply again.

The answers to the questions are pretty much the same as before. Besides I've been here five years?

Me
  • Activity: I'm always on IRC and generally around doing stuff.
  • Longevity: Yes
  • Knowledge: I've passed reffing 202 and am always engaged in tournament and RP battles, keeping up with the game's newest mechanics and developments.

I am more active than i have been in a very long time. Soooo....

• Activity: Always on IRC, flashing and reffing a lot lately. I am not quite as busy as i used to be a few months ago, either, so i fully intend on being here for my term.
  • Longevity: Been here for like.... 3, 4 years, i think?
  • Knowledge: Although i often struggle with more niche mechanics, i always make sure to ask around whenever i am not 100% sure on things. As far as skill goes, i have managed to place highly in tournaments more than once, and while i am not a Gym Leader, it is by choice, rather than actual ineptitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)