ASB Council #15 - Applications Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Term is ~4 months.
14th Council will last until inauguration post of 15th.

The purpose of this thread will be to identify applicants for the ASB Council prior to a forum vote. While we've had quieter terms lately, we hope that you will strive to bring life to us if you join, and/or vote for the candidate you think will work for that same goal.

• Activity: Applicants must be consistently active in ASB. Applicants must utilise IRC/Discord/PMs for the purpose of communication with fellow Councillors. Applicants must not be users prone to leaving on frequent or unannounced breaks. Do not apply if you can already foresee yourself being inactive, and please state explicitly how much time you are willing and able to devote to Policy issues on a regular basis in your application posts.
  • Longevity: Applicants must have been involved with ASB for a lengthy duration of time. This duration of time is arbitrary, but important. In essence, we want Council members to have an understanding of the history of ASB. This may be the least important of the three criteria - newer Council members can supplement historical knowledge by referring to older players of the game.
  • Knowledge: This is a critical criterion. Applicants must be knowledgeable about the mechanics of ASB, and about balance and so forth. This can be demonstrated in various ways, including battling prowess. One must have a concept of balance in ASB, and must be rational and level-headed in such matters and discussions.
When applying, please post a little bit about why you are a worthy applicant and why you would do well on the Council.

The process will be: vote for the first 3 people on the Council in the first vote, the 4th and 5th members in a second vote, and (only if there are more than 10 14 applications) the 6th and 7th voters in the final vote, thereby accounting for changes in vote strategy based on prior members.

With that said, apply away! Applications will last at least 48 hours, at which point the first series of votes will occur.

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Re-applying because sure wynaut

Activity: All of you know that I'm around on Discord about 99% of the time, so rather active.
Longevity: 2 years with ASB as of today
Knowledge: As a major ref (at least in the past) and the resident "sub questions" guy in discord, I consider my knowledge of the mechanics of ASB to be pretty good

Activity: It's dropped off a bit, but I still visit the forum frequently, usually at least once per day. I don't use Discord, but I could start doing so if elected.
Longevity: I've been a part of ASB for four years.
Knowledge: I am an active ref (and a prominent one for a while); I acquired leadership of a gym twice; I can play pretty well when I'm not johning; and I follow policy debates reliably, albeit silently. I would say I am sufficiently knowledgeable about the game to apply for this.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Well, this is certainly not what I have in mind. Might as well try to hoard a seat.

Activity: To be fair I'd disqualify myself when it comes to this criteria, if it's not obvious enough i can't keep up with my DQ times as a Rock Gym Leader, and Rock Gym has 4+4 days of a DQ period.

Longevity:
Somewhere over 5 years with ASB. I'm probably among the top 5 oldest ASBers who still posts in this subforum.

Knowledge:
I remember a lot that happened over the earlier years of my ASB years, and am willing to look up the NDA/Handbook to answer questions I wasn't sure of. But my forte is in Gen 5 and prior, since I don't play the subsequent generations in-catridge or on PS! anymore.

Activity: A little less these days since IRL took a huge steaming dump on me but still active enough to respond to things
Longevity: Yes
Knowledge: Passed Reffing 202, worst GL ever but other than that generally competent

Activity: I'm active on both the forum and discord, and am frequently involved in meta discussion.
Longevity: Almost as much of a dinosaur as Smash.
Knowledge: Years of battle and tournament experience, as well as having been a previous gym leader and a current member of the ASB Council, leads me to feel that I am knowledgeable about ASB and its intricacies.

Activity: I'm really active, on forum but mostly on Discord. It's also my only hope to be accepted in the council.
Longevity: Fresh 3 months spawn, so no.
Knowledge: Not as much as anybody that already posted here. But I'm learning quite fast, and I'm interested in learning more.

:)
Activity:
I am frequently involved in the forums reffing and battling, and discussing the meta on Discord.
Longevity:
8 consistent months of activity. I'm no dinosaur, but I definitely know my way around the forums and the game, and am constantly learning new things from older players.
Knowledge:
I am an active battler, and a slightly less active, but very consistent, referee. I consistently go back and read old battles (especially tournament and gym battles, as refs such as the illustrious Toon can verify, as I seem to have a bad habit of liking posts of his that are months, or even years old) in attempts to learn from the best. All-in-all, I am now very familiar with the current meta, that meta being Late-Gen 6 and Early-Gen 7, and constantly make it a point to learn more. However, I'm never afraid to ask questions or reference the handbook and the NDA.
I am also heavily integrated into the CAP community, and understand and participate in the processes more than others would. If I were to say I had a specialty, my knowledge of the current and past CAP Metagames would be that, as it allows me to understand the strengths, weaknesses, and purposes of CAPs in both a cartridge-based and a forum-based metagame.

• Activity: Always on Discord, only problem is that reffing has been difficult due to college.
  • Longevity: Year and a half and counting. Not gonna end any time soon.
  • Knowledge: I run my own gym, tour, two facilities, and I have a good grasp on the meta.

Council, please don't die on us again

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
I'm afraid I'm the dead one, Exclaim :(

Alright, after almost a month of application period, we are finally ready to start voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)