ASB Council Voting Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
For this council we will be using a 7 man council team, and we will elect the councilmen in three different polls, to account for voter preferences changing based on certain combinations of membership. In this poll you will be voting for councilmen 6 and 7.

We will be using Instant Run-Off Voting, an explanation of which can be found here.

A sample vote will look as such:

Code:
Most Preferred
Second Most Preferred
Third Most Preferred

blah blah blah
Your nominees are:
Maxim
AOPSUser
waterwarrior
Geodude6
S0L1D G0LD
Eternal Drifter
Gerard
Its_A_Random
zarator
SubwayJ
ZhengTann

You may vote for as many or as few users as you wish. Remember, for this poll only the users with the two greatest totals of cumulative votes will be elected.

Voting will last ~48 hours, ending at 19:30 UTC, i.e. 14:30 EST.

Our current Council contains Texas Cloverleaf, Birkal, Pwnemon, Rediamond, and Dogfish44.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Its_A_Random
zarator
ZhengTann
Gerard
Maxim
waterwarrior
SubwayJ
AOPSUser
Eternal Drifter
Geodude6
S0L1D G0LD

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Lemme see if I can do this properly...

Maxim - 3
AOPSUser - 0
waterwarrior - 0
Geodude6 - 0
S0L1D G0LD - 0
Eternal Drifter - 0

Gerard - 6
Its_A_Random - 8
zarator - 1
SubwayJ - 0
ZhengTann - 0

Removing AOPSUser, waterwarrior, Geodude6, S0l1d G0ld, Eternal Drifter, SubwayJ and Zheng Tann.

Maxim - 3
Gerard - 6
Its_A_Random - 8
zarator - 1

Removing zarator

Maxim - 3
Gerard - 7
Its_A_Random - 8

Removing Maxim

Gerard - 7
Its_A_Random - 10

Its_A_Random is Councilmember number 6.

- - -

Maxim - 3
AOPSUser - 0
waterwarrior - 1
Geodude6 - 0
S0L1D G0LD - 0
Eternal Drifter - 0

Gerard - 8
zarator - 4
SubwayJ - 1
ZhengTann - 1

Removing AOPSUser, Geodude6, S0l1d G0ld and Eternal Drifter.

Maxim - 3
waterwarrior - 1
Gerard - 8
zarator - 4
SubwayJ - 1
ZhengTann - 1

Removing waterwarrior, SubwayJ and ZhengTann

Maxim - 3
Gerard - 9
zarator - 6

Removing Maxim

Gerard - 9
zarator - 9.

----

(.............................................................)

Okay Houston we have a problem.

Someone please double-check this. If the tie persists then the council (aka the previous council) will decide who goes, iirc.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Double checked manually and with the PBV script. There is a tie between zarator and Gerard at nine votes each.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm thinking there's enough supplementary information here to induct zarator over Gerard.

The first piece of information that suggests this is the pure bold vote totals. Looking at how many community members listed the individuals on their ballot, Zarator received 17/18 votes, whereas Gerard received only 13/18 votes.

The second piece that suggests this to me is that Gerard submitted a ballot, and voted for himself on that ballot, whereas zarator did not vote at all. I believe some voting schemes either prevent self-votes or remove them in case of tie.

This is not a final decision by any means, just a logical suggestion on how to proceed. Feel free to add in any commentary.

Alternatives include the previous council voting, the current councilmen voting, or deck knight breaking the tie.

The previous discussion on ties did not reach a conclusion and can be found here.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
I don't think that looking at this as a pure bold vote is the right way to go - I listed all members because I wanted to be certain that no matter the final group voted, that my preference would be accounted for. I'm a little happier with the second reasoning, but not by much.

I don't want either past or present council (Only 6 members each) to vote. I'd rather see a DK tiebreaker for this, but what I'd also like is to re-open the polls since they've closed early. My thoughts on the immediate scenario.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Before anything, I ended the poll after exact 48h >_>;. I don't mind if the poll is reopened, but I just wanted to say that.

Anyway.

I don't like neither bold voting nor no self-votes for a simple reason: it would be a tiebreaker decided after the voting occured. Voters can't be surprised like that.

We need to decide how we are going to tackle this. On the first time we simply went with a patch-up solution that didn't solve much and hoped that we wouldn't face the same problem again. I don't want the same to happen this time, if possible.

Because of that, I am also in favor of a 24h bold vote between zarator and Gerard. It was something I defended back the last time it happened and I still think it is the best way to go.

I also feel that we should adopt that solution as a tiebreaker rule for elections from now on.

The only...uh..."red tape"....uh..."issue" I am seeing is that the previous council ended their term (and they have only 6) and the new council didn't begin their term (and they also have 6). Neither can decide what we will do, in theory.

Who probably can/should is either Deck or the Policy Leader, aka Texas. Leaning towards the latter, so the former can step in as "last resource" (or whatever it is called) if needs be.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Several of us have talked over the issue and alternatives on irc and I'm comfortable making the following executive decision:

There will be a 48 hour Single Bold Vote Poll between Zarator and Gerard for the final council member spot. In the event of a further tie, Deck Knight will pose the tiebreaking vote.

Birkal has made it known that he intends to create a policy discussion on this topic at the induction of the council.

And finally, damn you ninja Frosty :[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)