Data ASB Gym League Signup Thread MARK 2 [OP is finally up to date lol jk]

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...llenger-rainman-legends.3572710/#post-6832054
Leader deadfox081 > Challenger Rainman Legends

No Ongoing Challenge
- Leader YellowAdminSilver vs. ooraloo (Unaccepted)
- Leader ZhengTann vs. Frosty (Unaccepted)

Ongoing Challenge
- N/A

Bug
- Leader Rediamond vs. Gale Wing Srock (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Dark
- Leader YellowAdminSilver vs. Frosty (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader YellowAdminSilver vs. deadfox081 (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader YellowAdminSilver vs. Rediamond (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
- Leader Birkal vs Dogfish44 (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader Birkal vs Rainman Legends (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- Leader Maxim vs. Exclaimer (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader Maxim vs. zarator (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
- Leader ZhengTann vs. Akela (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader ZhengTann vs. Leethoof (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Double post yolol :)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...lenger-fort-colorcastle.3572708/#post-6836322
Leader Maxim > Challenger Fort Colorcastle

No Ongoing Challenge
- Leader YellowAdminSilver vs. ooraloo (Unaccepted)

Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Maxim vs. Exclaimer (Unaccepted)

Bug
Dark
- Leader YellowAdminSilver vs. Frosty (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

Oh poop I never posted this I'm so sorry

Anyways, since Ooraloo never showed anything resembling signs of life, I'll remove her from the q. Srry bby you can get in line again if you wanna

"Greetings, challenger! In here you'll find the directions to the-- Wait. Is no one home?"

FROSTY NOT HOME
FROSTY GO FIND PUMPKIN SOUP
FOLLOW SCENT OF PUMPKIN SOUP
FIND FROSTY

"Yeah, not gonna happen. I'm too old to be chasing people and pumpkin soup around. He knows where to find the gym anyways. Also why is this note covered in yeti hair ew"
Format: 3v3 Gym Singles
DQ Time: 2 Days
Banned Moves: Close Combat, Focus Blast, Moonblast. (Not really)
Chills: Infinite
Recoveries: Infinite
Arena: Dragon's Table
Switch: OK
Items: ON
Abilities: ALL
Substitutions: 3 per Pokémon
Mega Evolutions: OFF
Turn order: Coinflip
Dragon’s Table
Pt. 1: Undergoing restorations

You shield your eyes with your hand, wary of the light breeze that keeps blowing sand in your face. As you stop to look around, the jagged peaks of southern Sinnoh’s Mt. Coronet range greet you with a hostile stare; you are an intruder in this ancestral valley, an outsider in a secluded dale where few are welcome and even fewer dare speak of.

Behind you lies a wide, solitary plain; before you, a red-haired young man stands, his hands deep inside the pockets of his jet-black coat. A Pokémon with spotless fur and vulpine features sits on either side of the young trainer: to his left, a nine-tailed Pokémon with gold-white fur and burning orange eyes; to his right, a white-furred Pokémon with a dark-grey horn and menacing red eyes. Behind him, an ominous-looking structure projects a dark silhouette onto the star-filled sky.

With the sun having set several hours ago, you have a difficult time trying to make out the large building behind the trainer. It seems to be a large complex, rather than a single building: remnants of tall ramparts and sandstone obelisks are visible on either side of a wide, low-rising staircase. Beyond the staircase, however, lies an imposing structure, its tall windows and wide halls giving the impression of an arcane, age-old temple. The fractured ruins of ancient pillars lay about, but a single, unbroken spire rises taller than all the others on the opposite side of the building. On the far side of the temple, an imposing altar is visible through its open gates, adorned with the massive sculpture of an ancient deity. Behind the draconian figure, a sandstone icon with its wings spread wide, sits a wide window through which the night sky shines clearly.

“First of all, thank you for coming all the way out here. We are aware that this site is anything but accessible, but you’ll see soon enough why we decided to put the gym in this place.” It seems the young trainer is the Gym Leader you’ve been searching for, even though he looks far too young for the position. “I guess you’re wondering what this place is, and why I made you travel all the way here.”

A weird moment of silence ensues, as the young trainer tries to take a better look at your face in the dim starlight. "Oh... oh no. It's you, isn't it? I knew something was up when Zelda here started sniffing around. Please tell me that blue Gallade isn't here this time, or she'll get all weird again..."

As if on queue, the fiery vulpine to the trainer's left stands up and begins to walk in circles around you, perhaps trying to gaze into the Pokéballs you have brought. "Oh, come on. Zelda, please, let's try and keep it professional this time for the gym people, or they can just as easily kick us out of here after this match." Visibly worried by now, the Leader turns back to you and continues. "Well, I know that you've already seen the place when Gym com came by to approve the arena, but I'll try and give you the tourist-y introduction so that you can see what the Committee's money has been used for. So;"

“This is The Dragon’s Table.”

“Centuries ago, this place used to be a place of worship for a religious sect who gathered here in hopes of summoning a dark, powerful creature. You can see its image inside the temple, on the altar—to be precise, this whole place is an altar. This Fell creature could absorb the life energy of other living things, so it was both feared and worshipped by some. It crossed the sea from a distant region once in a blue moon and came to perch north of here, on the peak of Mount Coronet itself. So, this cult gathered here and tried to gain the creature’s power by making sacrifices—human sacrifices. And these were massive sacrifices, with hundreds or thousands of victims at a time. So yes, some truly horrifying things happened here. What we’re trying to do now is to preserve the site, so that it serves as a memorial to all those lives that were lost. We’re trying to restore the spires, starting with these on the south side—”

Suddenly, the Leader stops mid-sentence. “Oh, I apologize. I’m rambling again, and you came here for a gym battle! Let me go through some of the more technical stuff, and we can-- Zelda! Back off! Go wait inside the temple or something!"

Anyways;
a) You’ll notice that some of the dark magic that was cast here remains, and it tends to affect the vitality of both people and Pokémon. This means that draining moves have their healing effects nullified, since Pokémon have trouble tapping into others’ life energy. I have a feeling that the Fell creature for which this temple was made would have no trouble draining others’ vitality, though.
b) You’ll also notice that this dark magic tends to strengthen Pokémon with powers over the occult, especially those who rely on things like toxins and mind control. This tends to make Poison- and Psychic-type moves more powerful.
c) As I said earlier, artifacts can be found lying around; this is a battlefield, after all. This means that you may find some useful items around here, so trainers may use items that they haven’t purchased.
d) However, please bear in mind that this is a historical site undergoing a heavy restoration effort. We would appreciate it if Pokémon didn’t knock these relics around mid-battle, so please treat Pokémon as if they had the ability Sticky Hold.

As the Leader grows silent, you wait for him to continue. His gaze moves to a single, darkened cloud overhead, behind which a sliver of the full moon is visible. As the soft breeze carries away its lone companion in the clear sky, the moon shines over the valley, illuminating you and your opponent in a pale, white light. The Leader turns to the temple behind him, as moonlight slowly crawls up through its sandstone walls and reflects off of its shattered windows. Finally, as the clear light of the moon reaches the top of the structure’s tallest spire, you see a faint gleam, as if the Dragon’s Table were set for the upcoming battle. The Leader turns back around towards the battlefield, a slight grin on his face. “Midnight”, he remarks. “We may begin.”

Arena effects
a) All Pokémon gain the ability Sticky Hold on top of their regular abilities.
b) Moves that drain HP in addition to dealing damage have their healing effect nullified. The move Oblivion Wing is exempt from this restriction. [Full list: Absorb, Drain Punch, Draining Kiss, Dream Eater, Giga Drain, Horn Leech, Leech Life, Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Parabolic Charge]
c) Trainers may use items that they have not purchased.
d) The Base Attack Power of Psychic-type moves is boosted by 2BAP, and the Base Attack Power of Poison-type moves is boosted by 1BAP.

Codifications:
a) Camouflage turns the user into a Ghost-type
b) Nature Power calls Confusion
c) Secret Power has a 30% chance to lower the target's Special Attack by one stage
So, taking Frosty and Ravio probably! Going for a 3v3 this time, hope that's not an issue.
No Ongoing Challenge

Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Maxim vs. Exclaimer (Unaccepted)
- Leader YellowAdminSilver vs. Frosty

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

•Frosty - lose dragonite and challenge me
•Frosty - /I dare you/

I can't do the lose Dragonite part but if you insist. I challenge Frosty to a battle.

I'm going to drop my challenge against Maxim to make room for it.

No Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Frosty vs. Exclaimer (Unaccepted)

Ongoing Challenge

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
(a) holy fuck Exclaimer is ballsy
(b) Leader Frosty > Challenger Glacier Knight
(c) I was about to take YAS v Snowman, fix queue pls peeps

No Ongoing Challenge

Ongoing Challenge

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
•Frosty - lose dragonite and challenge me
•Frosty - /I dare you/

I can't do the lose Dragonite part but if you insist. I challenge Frosty to a battle.

I'm going to drop my challenge against Maxim to make room for it.

No Ongoing Challenge

Ongoing Challenge

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

"Turn right, then left, move along the road until you feel strange then swim to the center of the local lake, then be blasted by a cannon northeast, then ski race a yeti, then..."
You read loud the instructions from the Gym People. While you were skeptical at first, the lovely trip via Cannon made you a believer. To be more accurate it made you a fried chicken, but hey you lived!

"That is no way to treat a lady!"

You say to yourself and you look for the yeti.

After a short walk, you reach the end of the road and no yeti to be found. But you found what appears to be a note for you:

YETO WENT HOME
JUMP ON YETO LEAF
SLIDE ON LEAF
NOT DIE

"My hat is telling me to be of the adventurous type. So off we go?"

You jumped onto the leaf and sliding you did. The first ten seconds were amusing, the 5 second after that were enjoyable and the last 225 seconds were absolutely terrifying.

You end your sliding and face a big, apparently haunted mansion.

"Stupid hat..."

You entered the door and explore the place just to find...

PUSH

"ME YETO. WHAT YOU DOING ON YETO HOME?!"

"I am looking for the Ice Gym Leader, good sir"

"NOSY FROSTY DUDE WITH ICE BUG HAS MY PUMPKIN SOUP! SMELL PUMPKIN, FIND NOSY DUDE! YETO CAN'T GO, HAS TO TAKE CARE OF YETA. SMACK HIM FOR TAKING YETO PUMPKIN SOUP!" - Yeto said before directing you to a door.

"...pumpkin? But I like strawberries ._."

You answer. You go through the door only to find another room. And another room after that. Good lord how many rooms does this mansion has?

On the final room you enter you see three doors, leading to totally different places. You notice a weak smell of pumpkins is coming from one of them, so you figure you might as well look at it first. But before you can do anything, an ice skeleton appears behind you and points a lance at your face. You then do the most sensible thing: yell like 3yo girl and run through the door you were looking at and then some more, until...

THUD

"...you know, this stopped being funny a couple years ago. Do I have a target on my back?"

"You actually do."

"...I do? Ugh. Stupid brit. This reeks of him."

"Anyway, I wonder if you can help me with something. You see, I am a pokemon trainer and--"

"WHOA WHOA WHOA, YOU ARE A POKEMON TRAINER?!"

"....I am?"

"Holy shit. I sorry, but that is unheard of. I am the gym leader and I don't think I ever had a female challenger. "

"Well, there is a first time for everything. I came here to challenge you!"

"hmmm, for everything?"

"no."

"rip. Oh well. Let's stick to the battle then. Lemme finish this bowl of soup and on the meantime you can check our arena. We will fight here, if you don't mind."​

You nod and take a good look at your surroundings and you manage to notice the following:
- The Snow is on your knees at places. While you think your pokemon can probably circle around well enough, you can't help but fear that any item knocked off may be lost forever under the snow. You propose to the leader not to knock off items and he agrees with you.
- Your Focus Band froze due to the cold and became sturdier, which seems...unlikely. But hey, physics are overrated. Still, you feel you can use it for extra protection if needs be.
- There is so much snow here that even the weakest wind is capable of causing a snowstorm. Also, there isn't much room for escaping here, so you feel it won't be easy to avoid blizzards or icy winds. At least it isn't hailing.
- The snow makes it harder to move around and absorbs most of the power of spread attacks. Your spread attacks have their power lowered and your pokemon move only twice per round as opposed to three times.
- You and leader, as well as your pokemon, are afraid of Yeto and are constantly on the lookout for if it decides to appear. Because of that, not much will be able to flinch. Also, he seems to be waiting for you to make the first move.
- Finally, you feel an eerie aura on this place. Not only seems haunted, but also, you saw the snow taking wolf-like forms outside. All this mystical and eerie energy might be useful to power up your Ghost and Psychic moves...as well as to fuel your desire to ruuuuuun.

"Ready? Then, En garde!"
Summary (yes there are a lot of things here, sue me):
- All moves and weathers are possible.
- The move "Knock Off" doesn't affect the opponent's item.
- The Item "Focus Band" limits output of combos at 40% of the hp of the holder
- The moves "Blizzard" and "Icy Wind" have 100% accuracy. When used in a combo, consider only the accuracy of those moves as 100% and calculate normally, unless hail is up.
- Instead of using the 0.75 BAP multiplier, the entire damage dealt by a spread move is multiplied by 0.67. So the formula is: ((BAP [Ignore standard spread modifier] *Screens + stuff - stuff)*Weakness/Resistance+Stat Stage Differences+Type-Specific-Item)*0.67 = Damage
- No flinches (except for fake out)
- Pokemon only acts twice per round on doubles.
- The challenger always sends out first on the first round (therefore orders last).
- Ghost and Psychic attacks have their BAP increased by 2.
- Trainers must specify the one ability of their pokemon upon sendout. The ability chosen may change each time the pokemon is sent out.

5 v 5 Gym Doubles
4 Day DQ
Infinite Chill/Recovery
0 Mega Evolution
Arena = Snowpeak Ruins
Items = On
Abilities = One
Switch=OK
Subs: 3
Challenger sends out first.
Ref copies and pastes the arena description above with the specific flavor instead of going with the one on the OP, so my brain cell burning on flavor isn't useless :|

No Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Frosty vs. Exclaimer

Ongoing Challenge
-

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

Last edited:

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Helo Frosty, sorry for the wait. I've finally settled enough backlog to c/p this. Now to hope my claim gets approved before some UC-hungry guy picks this up.
You strode confidently towards the rock henge, and crossed the threshold into the barren, gravelly, sacred ground. The henge is already glowing, and you find yourself looking at some Unown formes previously unseen of. Wait, these are-

"Kanji Unown, yes."

Raising an eyebrow, you turned back at the Gym Leader standing in front of you.

"Dangit, why can't they be Unown Mehicanos.... And they're the source of your team's strengths, Wukong?"

"Of course. You still have that legendary pumpkin soup with you? No? Then I'm not gonna hold back on you - how can you not have that soup?! Welcome, to Rock Origins, the Gym."

Format
  • 5 vs 5 Doubles, GL B8P5
  • 96-hour DQ (once someone goes over that, I'll usually leave a VM asking them to look at it. If their recent activity is twice over the time, a straight no-warning DQ may be requested by opponent)
  • 2 Abilities
  • 2/5 Recoveries/Chills
  • 7 Substitutions per round (excluding KO subs of course)
  • 0 Mega-Evolutions
  • Switch = OK
  • Items = ALL
  • Turn Order = COIN FLIP
Arena mechanics
  1. Naturally Rock-type Pokemons get Sticky Hold.
  2. All Rock-types get Solid Rock and Rock Head in addition, if they don't already have it.
  3. In Sandstorms, all attacks against Rock-types also suffer -2 BAP, instead of just Special Attacks.
  4. All defensive moves listed under Rock STAB gain +4 Priority instead of the original +1. Pokemons whose primary STAB is Rock-type automatically gain knowledge of all moves listed in the STAB description, except Multi-target, Priority, or Damaging moves (Exclusion lists: Detect, Quick Guard, Wide Guard, Light Screen, Reflect, Skull Bash).
  5. No external rock, water, or grass sources.
  6. No seismic combos allowed.
  7. Camouflage turns user into Rock-type, Nature Power calls Ancient Power, and Secret Power lowers Speed by one (1) stage.
No Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Frosty vs. Exclaimer
- Leader ZhengTann vs. Frosty

Ongoing Challenge
-

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Helo Frosty, sorry for the wait. I've finally settled enough backlog to c/p this. Now to hope my claim gets approved before some UC-hungry guy picks this up.
Oh would you look at that there, looks like a UC-hungry jay has stumbled on to the scene.

Taking ZhengTann v Frosty
Yes, I know I'm jumping the queue, but Frosty told me I couldn't take him v Exclaimer :( ... wait that one should be below this since Exclaimer has a gym match going...

No Ongoing Challenge
- N/A

Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Frosty vs Exclaimer

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

Taking Frosty and Exclaimer. PM Teams.

No Ongoing Challenge
- N/A

Ongoing Challenge
-N/A

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

Challenging Maxim again (and hopefully I won't forget about the challenge this time)

"And then the Kangaskhan stood victorious upon the Gastrodon, the pair of mother and baby glistening...um"

"Dang it I can never get that to work. Anyways. You're on Zarator, and don't forget this time!" :P

Pokemon: 4v4
Format: Singles
DQ: 3 Days, challengers will get 1 warning and then get DQ'd.
Switch: OK
Items: ON
Abilities: ALL
Substitutions: THREE
Mega Evolutions: ONE
∞ Recovers / ∞ Chills
Arena: Four Seasons Theatre

Arena: Four Seasons Theatre
Field Type: Normal
Complexity: Simple/Moderate
Format: Singles

Upon your match's acceptance, you receive directions to the new ASB League Normal Gym via e-mail. As it would happen, this gym resides in a small, recently constructed live theatre built in Slateport City. One way or another, you make your way to this bustling city. Crowds of people line up in the city to see the contests, the Oceanic Museum, and what seems to be a relatively new attraction: The Four Seasons Theatre. Atop it you see statues of Deerling and Castform, surrounded on the four corners by symbols representing the seasons.

You make your way through the line and into the building, thinking it is likely the Normal Gym you were told about. Inside lies a clean and stylish lobby, where people line up to get tickets for the upcoming shows, which seem to include fare typical to a live theatre. Just as you are convinced you have gotten the wrong address, a man in a red beret approaches you. "Ah, you must be the new gym challenger." he says to you. "Please, head right this way, the show's about to start."

The man leads you inside the back of the theatre where many preparations are being made for an upcoming show. Actors and actresses are putting on makeup, stagehands are hard at work preparing the stage, and the overall result is that of a huge hustle and bustle. The two of you approach another, considerably younger, gentleman wearing a fedora. He greets you and says "Oh, you here for the match? The Leader's thataway!" He points towards a door, and as if on cue, the door opens and a man comes out the door, having on an outfit of grey and orange.

He clears his throat and says "Why hello there new challenger! Are you ready for the fight to begin? No not right now, we've still got a few minutes before the curtains open. I am Maxim, the ASB Normal Gym leader, and I welcome you to my abode."

"Before we begin, let me lay down some ground rules. First off, the rules of the theatre prohibit any moves or abilities that would disable or mess with the routine operation of any held item. These items are essential to the actors' costumes, and removing them can cause problems for the show. Second, this also applies to abilities, save for Trace. We believe in making sure the Pokemons' natural abilities shine through, and messing with those can cause discomfort to these actors. Finally, if either of us decide to phase out the opposition, the opposition, not random chance, gets to decide what comes out next. This is to prevent any wild entrances from confusing the audience."

Soon after that info dump, a female voice calls out "Hey, we ready to start yet? It's almost time for the show to begin."

Maxim chuckles, then says "Well you heard the lady, it is almost time for our performance. Have fun, and do your very best in this matchup. After all, my Pokemon may be Normal typed, but they are anything but normal!"

After this, the curtains open, and before you know it, the battle has begun!

Summary:
  • All Items must be kept as Normal in the Normal gym. This means that items cannot be swapped, stolen, knocked off, restrained, destroyed, or rendered unable to be used in any way. Consumable Items will still be consumed after the normal number of uses. Fling still works as normal.
  • All Abilities must be kept as Normal in the Normal gym. This means that abilities cannot be swapped, copied, disabled, or rendered unable to be used at any time. The sole exception to this is Trace, which works as normal because it is a natural part of the ability itself.
  • If a Pokemon is forced out by a Switch-Forcing Move or a Red Card, that Pokemon's trainer can choose which Pokemon goes in next.
Codifications:

• Camouflage turns the Pokemon into a Normal Type.
  • Secret Power has a 30% chance to Flinch.
  • Nature Power summons Tri Attack.

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Taking Maxim v zarator

No Ongoing Challenge
- N/A

Ongoing Challenge
-N/A

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

Challenging Rediamond
No Ongoing Challenge
- N/A

Ongoing Challenge
-N/A

Bug
- Leader Rediamond vs. Rainman Legends (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I spoke to ZhengTann and he didn't mind me doing this, so I am doing this.

I am revoking my challenge to the rock gym. I need to focus my attention at ASB. All important matches are happening at the same time for me -_-.

sorry for that jayelt413

this means akela (aka next in line) is the one to earn a gym match.

No Ongoing Challenge
- Leader ZhengTann vs. Akela (Unaccepted)

Ongoing Challenge
-N/A

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For akela.
You walk towards a familiar stone henge, having spotted a newly-built stone hut right beside it that is the residence of the Gym Leader. By now you're experienced in travelling to know that this region is unique in that their Gym Leaders come in all shapes, sizes and social classes - some living on cruise ships, others in cemeteries, yet others in.... Let's just say the Gym League here either has a tight and biased budget, is an eccentric bunch, or both.

As you walked closer to the henge, you remembered that these rocks simply jutted, or grew, out of the ground, and they've stood there for eons, without work of man. Even the beams above the pillars seemed to be molded, not placed. Until now, you still hadn't figured out how they endured for so long-

"The answer, of course, lies in languages. Hi, I'm Wukong. I assume you're here for the Badge?"

You nodded, heart still racing from the scare, almost couldn't take it, and his face splits into a grin, looking at your proud team standing right behind you.

"I bet you have all the team you need to win this, since this place seems to be as much your home turf as it is mine. Let's get started then!"

He ran ahead, touching a pillar as he crossed the threshold. The whole henge immediately glowed with.... Unown Runes?? So THAT'S why - now you've found out!

"Come on, let's have a blast! As long as we battle within the Unown Rock Henge, we'll be fine!"

Format
  • 5 vs 5 Doubles, GL B7P5
  • 96-hour DQ (once someone goes over that, I'll usually leave a VM asking them to look at it. If their recent activity is twice over the time, a straight no-warning DQ may be requested by opponent)
  • 2 Abilities
  • 2/5 Recoveries/Chills
  • 7 Substitutions per round (excluding KO subs of course)
  • 1 Mega-Evolution
  • Switch = OK
  • Items = MEGA-STONES ONLY
  • Turn Order = COIN-FLIP
Arena mechanics
  1. All Rock-types get Rock Head if they don't already have it.
  2. The move Rock Slide has 30% chance to summon Stealth Rock onto the field instead of the original 30% flinch chance.
  3. All defensive moves listed under Rock STAB gain +4 Priority instead of the original +1.
  4. No external rock, water, or grass sources.
  5. No seismic combos allowed.
  6. Camouflage turns user into Rock-type, Nature Power calls Ancient Power, and Secret Power may lower Speed by one (1) stage.
No Ongoing Challenge
- Leader ZhengTann vs. Akela

Ongoing Challenge
-N/A

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
well, taking that one then.

ZhengTann akela

No Ongoing Challenge
- N/A

Ongoing Challenge
-N/A

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Challenging Rock Gym

No Ongoing Challenge
- N/A

Ongoing Challenge
-N/A

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
- Leader ZhengTann vs. Dogfish44 (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Aww yeah!

Feeling good, so, it's time for my rematch with deadfox081!

Challenging the Dragon Gym!

No Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Birkal vs Dogfish44 (Unaccepted)

Ongoing Challenge
- Leader deadfox081 vs jayelt413 (Unaccepted)

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

Why not, accepting jayelt413

No Ongoing Challenge

Ongoing Challenge
- Leader deadfox081 vs jayelt413

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

Two things.

First: Gale Wing Srock let's go.

4 v. 4 Gym Singles
Viridian Gym
DQ = 3 days
No banned moves
Unlimited chills and recovers
Megas = 1
Items = ON
Switch = OK
Abilities = All

Second: deadfox081 and jayelt413 send me teams.

No Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Rediamond vs. Gale Wing Srock

Ongoing Challenge
- N/A

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
I know how long 48 hours is, shush.

Subref please
Subref Needed
- Leader zarator vs. Mowtom

No Ongoing Challenge

- Leader Rediamond vs. Gale Wing Srock

Ongoing Challenge
- N/A

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Taking the subreffing above
Also, taking Rediamond vs Gale Wing Srock

No Ongoing Challenge

Ongoing Challenge
- N/A

Bug
Dark
Dragon
- N/A
Electric
- N/A
Fairy
- Qualifiers ongoing
Fighting
Fire
- Closed
Flying
- Qualifiers ongoing
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Closed
Ground
- Closed
Ice
- N/A
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Awaiting Arena/Opening
Psychic
- Closed
Rock
Steel
- Awaiting Qualifiers
Water
- Closed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)