Data ASB Gym League Signup Thread MARK 2 [OP is finally up to date lol jk]

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Birkal

Bug, electric, and ghost do not have any challenger at this moment

Psychic has one challenger but hasn’t accepted his second challenger yet

Every other on the OP is open except has a queue or has two battles rn, with the exception of fairy and ice

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
deadfox081 / Elevator Music so you can edit the OP (Emma gave me the thumbs up in discord to do this)

The Dark Gym is accepting challengers now.
{Leader: Me obviously)

Format
3v3 Gym Singles
DQ: 72h, 2 Warnings
3 Substitutions per Pokemon
Switch: OK
Abilities: All
Items: On
Z-Moves: 1
Megas: 0
2 Recoveries / Infinite Chills per Pokemon
Gym Leader sends out first
Arena: Demon Child's Playroom
Format: Singles
Complexity: Moderate
Type: Dark

Having heard that the Dark Gym finally reopened, you hurriedly submitted a request to face him (not really), and you were quite overjoyed when your match was accepted. However, when you arrive to the gym, you quickly find that it is nothing like you have (seen before/had it described to you as), given that the opening room is no longer where the arena appears to be. While you are pondering this, a voice comes over the loudspeaker, deep and partially menacing:

"Looking for the Gym Leader are we?"

Startled, your response takes a little while, but nonetheless is a simple "Yes." The voice responds:

"He awaits you in the playroom. Just a bit forward and to the right."

You take the directions and walk into the playroom, and you are immediately startled with how large this room is, and it seems to be littered with toys everywhere. Like, everywhere. So much even people who keep dirty houses would be a little annoyed with this. You motion to move the toys around, but you stop at the sound of a voice...

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. The Demon Child who lives here would much rather you not touch its toys."

Alarmed by those words of warning, you stand back up, and are immediately confused as to why Ghetsis stands before you.

"Simple, I'm the new Dark Gym Leader. After Team Plasma fell, I needed something to do to keep me busy. Allow me to go over the rules. 3v3 singles, no megas, all that standard stuff. Additionally, the demonic aura in the room suppresses attempts to inflict pain and heal self, and also allows all things to feel the attachment to possessions that the Demon Child feels. Now, I've been waiting so long for this! Let's begin!"

Effects
- Draining Moves no longer heal the user. The EN cost of these moves has been halved to compensate. (Affected moves: Absorb, Leech Life, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Drain Punch, Dream Eater, Horn Leech, Draining Kiss, Oblivion Wing, and Parabolic Charge)
- All Pokemon have the ability Sticky Hold

Codifications
- Nature Power: Dark Pulse
- Secret Power: Flinch
- Camouflage: Dark

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

"Welcome to the playroom! Things only will get more cruel as time goes on..."

Accepting Ooraloo and Elevator Music!

Format
3v3 Gym Singles
DQ: 72h, 2 Warnings
3 Substitutions per Pokemon
Z-Moves: 1
Megas: 0
2 Recoveries / Infinite Chills per Pokemon
Gym Leader sends out first
Arena: Demon Child's Playroom
Format: Singles
Type: Dark

Having heard that the Dark Gym finally reopened, you hurriedly submitted a request to face him (not really), and you were quite overjoyed when your match was accepted. However, when you arrive to the gym, you quickly find that it is nothing like you have (seen before/had it described to you as), given that the opening room is no longer where the arena appears to be. While you are pondering this, a voice comes over the loudspeaker, deep and partially menacing:

"Looking for the Gym Leader are we?"

Startled, your response takes a little while, but nonetheless is a simple "Yes." The voice responds:

"He awaits you in the playroom. Just a bit forward and to the right."

You take the directions and walk into the playroom, and you are immediately startled with how large this room is, and it seems to be littered with toys everywhere. Like, everywhere. So much even people who keep dirty houses would be a little annoyed with this. You motion to move the toys around, but you stop at the sound of a voice...

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. The Demon Child who lives here would much rather you not touch its toys."

Alarmed by those words of warning, you stand back up, and are immediately confused as to why Ghetsis stands before you.

"Simple, I'm the new Dark Gym Leader. After Team Plasma fell, I needed something to do to keep me busy. Allow me to go over the rules. 3v3 singles, no megas, all that standard stuff. Additionally, the demonic aura in the room suppresses attempts to inflict pain and heal self, and also allows all things to feel the attachment to possessions that the Demon Child feels. Now, I've been waiting so long for this! Let's begin!"

Effects
- Draining Moves no longer heal the user. The EN cost of these moves has been halved to compensate. (Affected moves: Absorb, Leech Life, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Drain Punch, Dream Eater, Horn Leech, Draining Kiss, Oblivion Wing, and Parabolic Charge)
- All Pokemon have the ability Sticky Hold

Codifications
- Nature Power: Dark Pulse
- Secret Power: Flinch
- Camouflage: Dark

No Ongoing Challenge
- Leader JJayyFeather vs Ooraloo (Accepted)
- Leader JJayyFeather vs Elevator Music (Accepted)
- Leader deadfox081 vs Birkal (Unaccepted)

Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Elevator Music vs. Toon (Accepted)
- Leader Exclaimer vs. Epicdrill (Accepted)
- Leader Toon vs. Exclaimer (Unaccepted)

Bug
- N/A
Dark
- N/A
Dragon
- Quals Upcoming
Electric (Hiatus till 21st of June)
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
-N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
- Leader Elevator Music vs Birkal (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Ground
- Quals Ongoing
Ice
-
Normal

-
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- Leader Gerard vs. Texas Cloverleaf (Unaccepted)
Rock
- N/A
Steel
- Leader smashlloyd20 vs. Gale Wing Srock (Unaccepted)
- Leader smashlloyd20 vs. PTPlatinum (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader smashlloyd20 vs. Complications (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader smashlloyd20 vs. epicdrill (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Water
- Closed

Accepting Birkal. Be aware, I will use the DQ button accordingly

Arena: Ilex Forest - Tiny Edition

After standing at the entrance to the forest, just to the west of Azalea Town in Johto for what seemed like hours you are finally greeted by a voice over your shoulder.

"Hey! Thanks for waiting so long, that old man Kurt sure can rattle on. He just loves his Pokeballs."

You turn to see Bugsy, the Azalea Town Gym Leader standing with his trusty Scyther to his side. You presume he is the Bug Gym Leader you came to find and ask if he's ready for a battle.

"No, no. I'm sorry to say that me and my little bugs would be no match for a trainer as experienced as you. There's a different trainer that the ASB Gym League has authorised to hand out the Sting Badge, I'm just here to take you to him."

Eager to get your challenge underway you follow Bugsy through the guard house and into the thick forest. The tree cover is so dense that you only see small hints of sunlight making it through the canopy but as you look around at the thick ground you notice undergrowth, rocks and some small ponds. Everything your Pokemon could find necessary for a battle. You pause at the entrance to the forest, having heard that the new Bug Leader likes his battles to take place in the Ilex Forest you ready your Pokeballs for battle.

"Hold on, we're not there yet. Haven't you heard that this battle is a little different? Just come with me and I'll show you."

You follow Bugsy through the forest, its bigger than you thought and filled with many varieties of Bug typed Pokemon foraging and sucking the sap from trees. Eventually you stop almost three quarters of the way through the Forest, before you is the Ilex Forest Shrine.

"Surely you knew this forest had something special about it, and the key is right here in this shrine. Celebi might have left years ago but some of its magic still remains. Go ahead, just touch your hand to the shrine and you'll see what I mean. I'll have to leave you here though, I'm expecting a young local trainer in my own gym very soon. Don't be nervous, nothing around here will bite. Well at least not hard. Best of luck!"

And with that Bugsy and Scyther trot off back through the forest. You stand staring at the old shrine for a moment, nothing looks too special about it, there's even some moss growing over one side. You remain unsure of what's going to happen but came here for a battle, so you hold your nerve and press your right hand up against the wood.

WOOSH

All of a sudden you are overcome with a huge vortex of force. The whole world around you begins to spin and your vision blurs. Once you regain your wits you open your eyes to be staring straight at a giant tree trunk. It must be 14 feet in diameter but as you look closely you notice the tree has strangely square edges. In fact as you look up you realise it's not a tree at all but rather the leg of the shrine you were just standing in front of. A shrine that now looks to be 50 storeys tall. Just as you begin to comprehend what has happened an old man steps out from behind one of the other legs.

"Why hello there. I see you've found your way to my gym. In case you're wondering the shrine hasn't gotten any bigger. It's you and your Pokemon that have gotten smaller. 100 times smaller to be exact. This is where and how I like to battle. Bugs just feel so much more at home at this size I'm sure you'll agree. Well best not dilly dally any longer, show me what you've got!"

And with that the old man readies his Pokeballs and your Bug Gym challenge can begin.

Arena Effects
All Pokemon fight at a miniscule size. Size Class and Weight Class are unaffected since relative size remains the same, but this has the following effects:
- All Pokemon gain the effects of the ability Run Away.
- Pokemon do not possess the power to produce offensive spread moves. All offensive moves that would target multiple Pokemon now only have one single target, and retain their full BAP.

Additional codifications:
- The battle takes place outside and in normal sunlight.
- All moves are possible and permitted.
- Nature Power becomes Energy Ball.
- Secret Power has a chance to cause sleep.
- Camouflage turns the user into a Grass type.

Battle Format
Pokemon: 4v4
Format: Doubles
DQ: 72 hours (1 warning)
Items: ALL
Abilities: ALL
Substitutions: THREE
Mega Evolutions: ONE
2 Recovers / 5 Chills

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
fixing queue

Gerard still got a challenger
smashlloyd20 you got some challenges as well
ZhengTann send in vs maxie

Someone update the OP
No Ongoing Challenge

Ongoing Challenge
-

Bug
- N/A
Dark
- Leader JJayyFeather vs zarator (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Dragon
- Quals Upcoming
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- Leader Toon vs. Exclaimer (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
Flying
-N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
Ground
- Quals Ongoing
Ice
-
Closed...?
Normal
-
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- Leader Gerard vs. Texas Cloverleaf (Unaccepted)
Rock
- N/A
Steel
- Leader smashlloyd20 vs. PTPlatinum (Unaccepted)
Water
- Closed

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!

"I could have sworn that was gonna be easier than it was... I should really take that gym seriously next time."

"Next time, don't bring that freaking useless bat."

"Maybe Toon can cheer me up."

Challenging Fire Gym.
Accepting Exclaimer

"Cheer you up? Maybe some other time."
Format: 3 v 3 Gym Singles (leader b6p3)
DQ: 3 Days, 1 Warnings
Substitutions: 3 per Pokemon
Mega Evolutions: 1
Z-Moves: None
Recoveries / Chills: 2 / Infinite per Pokemon
Arena: Sacred Grove
Turn Order: Coin Flip
No Ongoing Challenge

Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Toon vs. Exclaimer (Accepted)

Bug
- N/A
Dark
Dragon
- Quals Upcoming
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
Ground
- Quals Ongoing
Ice
-
Closed...?
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Accepting Exclaimer

"Cheer you up? Maybe some other time."
Format: 3 v 3 Gym Singles (leader b6p3)
DQ: 3 Days, 1 Warnings
Mega Evolutions: 1
Z-Moves: None
Recoveries / Chills: 2 / Infinite per Pokemon
Arena: Sacred Grove
Turn Order: Coin Flip
No Ongoing Challenge

Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Toon vs. Exclaimer (Accepted)

Bug
- N/A
Dark
Dragon
- Quals Upcoming
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
Ground
- Quals Ongoing
Ice
-
Closed...?
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed
le taking

le send le teams to le me

No Ongoing Challenge

Ongoing Challenge

Bug
- N/A
Dark
Dragon
- Quals Upcoming
- N/A
Fairy
- Closed
Fighting
- None
Fire
- N/A
Flying
- N/A
Ghost
- N/A
Grass
Ground
- None
Ice
-
Closed...?
Normal
- N/A
Poison
- Closed
Psychic
- N/A
Rock
- N/A
Steel
Water
- Closed

Ground gym is now open, have fun

Challenging S0L1D G0LD but i dont even know what to prepare for cause idk what format this is lol. Singles?

"I would think that if one considers their self able to challenge a gym, then the format of the battle would be inconsequential to their training. The real reason, though, is because I don't like being restricted to a single format, especially when writing arenas."

3v3 Gym Singles
Items
: All
Switch = OK
Megas: 2
Z-Moves: 0
Chills/Recoveries: 5/2
DQ: 3 Days, 1 Warning. If you post a full action set within one hour of being tagged, disqualification is rescinded.
Arena: Chemical Swamp

Arena: Chemical Swamp
Field Type: Ground/Poison
Format: 3v3 Singles / 4v4 2APR Doubles

Restrictions:

No Grass Sources

Flavor (Disclaimer: I am not a writer):

The smell of dirt and fresh air permeates your surroundings, but by now you have grown used to the aroma. After three days of hiking, you are beginning to run low on patience, and question why you wanted to challenge this gym in the first place. After all, the leader definitely seems to be a kook of some sort, given his sporadic and random activity and peculiar taste in location. You open your map once again, a well-used and mostly-faded piece of parchment, and deduce that you mustn't be far from your destination. The guide who bestowed the chart upon you had mentioned that the gym was about four-and-a-half miles off the grid through rough terrain, and by your calculations, you wager that you'll be there by sundown. Thus, with a renewed sense of vigor, you push onward toward the fabled site.

After another hour or two or travel, you begin to notice a difference in the atmosphere. No longer do the Bug- and Flying-type Pokemon emit their cries; the familiar sounds of fauna are now replaced by an eerie silence. You also detect a peculiar odor, but it is faint enough to be unrecognizable. Several dozen meters ahead, you notice a battered sign which marks what appears to be the entrance to a camp or other private property.

As you draw close to the entryway, you are stopped dead in your tracks by the sudden intensification of the scent surrounding the area. The acrid smell is now clearly that of many harsh chemicals, a choking fog which the land before you seems to be emitting. You are now close enough to read the beat-up wooden sign, which simply states "Ground Gym. Property of Solid Gold." Covering your face with whatever rag you can find on your person, you trudge forward, determined to find the leader of this establishment and compete for your reward.

A simple dirt path leads up a shallow incline, and you follow it. The toxins in the air sti your eyes, but you are able to make out the features of the land around you. The leaves of the trees and blades of grass appear to be unusually bright, almost blinding in intensity, and stand resilient to the subtle breeze blowing through the air. In the distance you can see a good-sized lake and a small cabin, with a man standing outside and staring absentmindedly out over the water. You make your way up to the building, and the man turns in response to your approach. Your exposure to the chemicals of the land have now left you feeling faint, but you are still able to notice that the man is wearing a complex respirator, which ever-so-slightly muffles his speech as he addresses you.

"May I help you?"

In response to the man's question, you explain to him that you have traveled to challenge the gym, and that you wish to see the leader.

"That would be me," the man replies. "I am the leader of this gym. Judging by your appearance, you seem to have been worn out by the journey here, and thus would not to want any more time to be squandered. That's fine, because neither do I. Before we begin, though, we should go over the rules of the arena."

The man pauses momentarily, and walks to the edge of the water. He then turns to face you and continues his explanation.

"I'm sure that you've noticed the chemicals by now. This site was subject to devastating government tests a few decades back."

The man pauses once again, laughing dryly as he utters his next sentence.

"That's part of how I got the place for so cheap. It was bad enough before the Muk moved in, but the stuff they put in the water drew the damn things like catnip."

The man gestures to the lake behind him, and you notice that several large Muk and Grimer appear to be lurking underneath the surface of the water.

"At any rate, the lake gives off a sickening effect to those who are unable to neutralize its toxins. As a result, you'll find that most Pokemon have a harder time evading while in this environment. What's more, it seems to act as a painkiller for others, rendering them unaware of the damage they inflict upon themselves themselves when they attack. Finally, we rarely experience precipitation in these parts, and the sun seems more than willing to shine relentlessly in its place, rendering the arena in harsh sunlight."

As the man finishes his description, you begin to feel quite ill, and teeter back and forth. Noticing your condition, the leader speaks once more.

"Oh, and one last thing," he says. "If you want to last much longer here, you'll need one of these."

Reaching into his coat, the leader produces a second mask, identical to the one which he is wearing. Upon fitting it to your skull, you begin to feel better, and can clearly hear the leader's final words.

"Now, then, let us begin."

Description:

A once-verdant clearing in the thick of the White Forest, modern radioactive testing and chemical dumping has turned what was formerly a paradise for many Pokemon into a festering toxic wasteland. The arena measures approximately 25x28 square feet, and the barren landscape is pocked with dead trees and murky pools. Disguised to appear healthy, the heavily-polluted lake, located in the northwest quadrant of the arena, has been dyed an unnaturally bright shade of blue, and all forms of indigenous vegetation have been replaced by synthetic rubber alternatives.

Effects:

• Pokemon which are not Ground-types, Poison-types, or Steel-types or do not possess at least one (1) of the abilities Poison Heal, Magic Guard, or Immunity have their natural evasion stage lowered by one (1).
  • Ground-Type Pokemon do not receive recoil damage from recoil attacks. Ground-Type Pokemon in possession of the ability Rock Head reduce the energy cost of recoil attacks by two (2).
  • The default weather in the arena is Sun. In order to change the weather, a Pokemon must hold the appropriate weather stone.
  • Damaging-Evasive moves may be used to attack without entering the evasive stage. Attacks performed in this fashion are designated with the (Strike) command, and are executed at a reduced energy cost which is equal to two-thirds of the move's original value.

Codifications:

Nature Power calls Venom Drench.
Camouflage changes the user's type to Ground.
Secret Power has a 30% chance to lower Speed by one (1) stages.
Weather Ball is a Fire-Type attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)