Data ASB Gym League Signup Thread+Rewards system Included [Update RE: Training Items]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could any moderator (even someone that isn't a gym head) please just c/p this sentence into the bottom of my arena:

In the case of any inconsistencies between the flavor and the summary, the summary trumps the flavor.

And also add into the summary:

All else is standard and all other moves are allowed

EDIT: I am also deciding to change these for future matches to make it a little bit more fair:
Shrapnel damage from 2 DPA to 1 DPA against non-Steels
Dig may be used by any mon, but if it is not part Steel or Ground it will cost an extra 3 energy (this includes going underground and staying under)

MORE EDITING: Please also put in somewhere that: "Whoever sends out his/her Pokemon first will be determined by a coin toss"

ATHENOEDIT: We're updated up to here.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If my gym is seriously too complex to ref I will change it, but could someone please sign on to Rediamond's challenge and/or MrcRanger's (or just end it) so I can work with them on how best to lower the ref workload? This is an RP so I'm betting these guys would like to move this process along and free up their Pokes.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There isn't much you can do about it IMO. The travelling system and the fact that you can keep changing your Pokemon around means that it will take a long time for 4 Pokemon on either side to be knocked out(this is how people survive in TLRs for longer periods of times in the first place; by rotating their Pokemon around to reduce the number of KOes inflicted before the boss), dragging it out for ages.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to challenge Engineer, if he'll have me.
Okay.

3v3 Singles (B3P3 for Challenger, B8P3 for Leader)
DQ: 72 Hours
Switch: OK
Items: ON
Abilities: ONE
Substitutions: TWO
Infinite Recovers / chills
Turn Order: Coinflip

Now this can be added along with this. I obviously can't pick my own challenges up, but I'll pick others up when I can.

Uhhhh I'll accept, but before a ref accepts, please wait for the Gym Committee to deem Complications prepared or unprepared for challenging this gym. Also, on a different note, this...

3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
Switch=OK (<<< changed from my last two challenges, perhaps that'll make things easier for challengers)
Items On
All Abilities
2 Substitutions
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per mon
And we will of course duel in my beautiful Steel Gym! (whatever it's called)

EDIT: concerning the above link, just get rid of the Shrapnel completely. And remember the -3 BAP to Fire-type moves should also be removed. (I sort of feel like at this point I am not getting enough of an advantage... but that's ok)

ATHENOEDIT: Above is editted in, and I'm gonna say Complications isn't ready for this battle. Come back when you have a solid advantage over the leader without the arena, because you'll need that. We just need all the refs we can get atm.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Updating my arena:

A 120 * 100 * 100 Room, Bolt Beach is an artificial haven. Above the arena is a glass dome, where spetators watch, whilst trainers have podiums to issue commands from elevated podiums at opposite ends of the arena. Bolt Beach is mainly a bright yellow sand, and a dark yellow water. There are a few palm trees, although they give off a slight green glow.

Features:

- Electricity in the sand means that electric types all learn Charge, and the effect lasts for 9 actions.
- The sand reduces the BP of Seismic attacks by 1, and lower's dig's priority on tunneling down to -0.5.
- Attacks which require natural sunlight cannot work.
- Attacks which cannot work in an artificial environment do work, but paralyse the user 5% of the time as if hit by Thunder Wave, since the "Nature" is electric.
- Nature Power is treated as Shock Wave.
- There is a constant rainfall in the arena, which cannot be changed.
- Mud Sport is washed away at the end of each round.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly

"I'm interested now. Are you actually going to give me a source of entertainment? IAR, I Accept your challenge!"

3v3 Gym Singles (Challenger PMs the Referee 3 Mons, the Leader PMs 8)
1 Day DQ (Player)
3 Day DQ (Referee)
Banned Moves: N/A
Restricted Moves: Max 5 Chills Per Pokemon ; Max 2 Recovery Moves per Pokemon ; Restricted moves as per Arena
Arena: Bolt Beach
Switch: OK
Items: ON
Substitute Orders: 2

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

"As discussed earlier, this won't count as an official battle, but surely, you of all users will prove my gym is balanced! Challenge Accepted."

4v4 Doubles (IAR brings 8, chooses 4)
3 Day Player DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills Max per Pokemon
2 Substitutions
Switch=OK
Abilities=All
Items=On
Sequences=Off
Turn Order=Coinflip
IAR's Team: Hippowdon/Gliscor/Gastrodon/Garchomp/Colossoil/Torterra/Camerupt/Fidgit

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Announcement: jas' gym is now open for challenges. He'll be in control of the flying gym. Good luck to him!

EDIT: lol fogdish that took less than three minutes.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly

"Oh jas? You seem to have a gym. I have a bunch of angerable electric types. Let's experiment!"

Challenging Jas to a gym match!

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Uhh.... well... I guess I accept Dogfish. Oh man this could be painful.

3v3 Singles (You PM 3, I PM up to 8. You know, the gym thing)
2 Day DQ
5 Chills / 2 Recovery
Arena: Flying Gym (no real name as of yet)
Switch: KO
Items: Off
2 Substitutions.

edit @ below: oh god oh god oh god.......

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Confirming the above. gg Dogfish44!

Not signing up for another match at the moment, but I'll be back soon enough to challenge someone else! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)