Data ASB Gym League Signup Thread+Rewards system Included [Update RE: Training Items]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Yeah, things still haven't been sorted out but it won't hurt to take on another challenge.

3v3 Singles (B3P3 for Challenger, B8P3 for Leader)
DQ: 72 Hours
Switch: OK
Items: ON
Abilities: ONE
Substitutions: TWO
Infinite Recovers / chills
Turn Order: Coinflip
SoS, Engi, let's get some teams here!

Ok, looks like it's time for me to step into the league... challenging Kaxtar! Bring it, old friend!
Japanese Zen Boxing Arena (go with it...)
4v4 Doubles, Items ON, No Switch, Two Abilities, 5 Chills/3 Recoveries per Pokemon, 2 Substitutions (Old style, IF->THEN on one action), Positioning ON (only need to specify if it effects the Pokemon's innate STAB bonus), Coinflip Turn Order

-Inside so no Thunder allowed, little light from skylights
-No weather allowed sans Sunny Day becuase indoors
-Low ceiling prevents Fly/Sky Drop from being used
-Rowdy spectators are making tons of noise and cause Psychic move users to lose focus and thus reduce the BP of Psychic moves by 3
-Natural usable elements include: Polished titanium circular boxing ring, water moat (10 feet deep) around arena, floating island gardens, rustic dirt floor, decorative Japanese black rocks, antique parabolic torches (think Olympics)
-The entire arena, although varied in components, is roughly a cramped 40-foot diameter circle and thus activates Fighting's "Increased senses in close combat." This boost is codified as a +1 Accuracy stage boost and +4 (Final) Speed stat, and applies to other types (Steels get the same boost in the boxing ring, Water in the moat, Ground on the floor, Grass in the gardens, Fire on the torches, Rock in the rock gardens).
Kaxtar, zarator this one is finally going down.

PM me and set the DQ in the PM Kax (hint not stupidly long, I don't want to be reffing this forever).

Let's go, Pwnemon

3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
Switch=KO
Items On
All Abilities
2 Substitutions
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per mon
Soviet Russia; Explosive weaponry testing facility (SR: EWTF)

EDIT: Queue (leader vs. challenger)
Its_A_Random vs. Athenodoros
jas61292 vs. Dogfish44
C$FP vs. Pwnemon

I think that's accurate

Hmm, I'm itching to challenge a gym. I think I have enough powerful Pokemon to give Jas's gym a run for his money, so I'll be challenging him.

Challenging Jas to a Gym Battle.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sure thing.

3v3 Singles (You PM 3, I PM up to 8)
2 Day DQ
5 Chills / 2 Recovery
Arena: Flying Gym
Switch: KO
Items: Off
2 Substitutions.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fine with me.

2 Day DQ
5 Chills / 2 Recovery
2 Substitutions.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Challenging Engineer Pikachu of the Poison Gym.

Lettuce Roll (No Pun Intended).

EDIT: Now that the wonderful MK Ultra has given me reffing powers, I will ref C$FP vs. Pwnemon. PM Shortly.

DOUBLE EDIT: Updated Queue

(Flying) Leader jas61292 vs. Maxim
(Flying) Leader jas61292 vs. LouisCyphre (CANNOT BE TAKEN AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXCESS CHALLENGES)
(Flying) Leader jas61292 vs. waterwarrior (CANNOT BE TAKEN AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXCESS CHALLENGES)

jas61292

used substitute
Popular, aren't I? (Not that that is a good sign...)

2 Day DQ
5 Chills / 2 Recovery
2 Substitutions.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I want to move that switch = ko not be allowed in gym matches. Why? as soon as the gym leader has a switch advantage, it's just gg for the challenger. Prepare to have your asshole counterteamed right up until you lose the match. if you lose the opening coin flip as challenger, just stop the match right there lol, save your time for something more worthwhile

I have to agree, but only on the virtue that the format tends to be generally uncompetitive and make a lot rely upon a coin flip in singles. Of course, it's arguable it's not broken, but I view it as uncompetitive and adding too much luck to gym matches that should be testing skill.

And accepting Maxim's challenge of the Flying Gym. PM me teams.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Yarnus is a Gun Jumper, anyways, Ground Gym is officially open... 6.6

"Challenge Accepted. Bring it on!"

4v4 Doubles (IAR brings 8, chooses 4)
3 Day Player DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills Max per Pokemon
2 Substitutions
Switch=OK
Abilities=All
Items=On
Sequences=Off
Turn Order=Coinflip
IAR's Team: Hippowdon/Gliscor/Gastrodon/Golurk/Colossoil/Camerupt/Fidgit/Steelix

Also, Arena Hotfix
"Sky Drop, Fly, & Bounce all do not gain altitutde to successfully evade attacks, that is, they instead become 0 Priority attacks" will be changed to "Sky Drop, Fly, & Bounce all work like they normally do, but they do not gain enough altitude to successfully evade attacks."

QUEUE
(Flying) Leader jas61292 vs. LouisCyphre
(Flying) Leader jas61292 vs. waterwarrior (CANNOT BE TAKEN AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXCESS CHALLENGES)
(Ground) Leader Its_A_Random vs. Yarnus of Bethany

EDIT: Whoever takes this match should ensure that unless yarnus' TLR is completed, that he does not bring either his Ambipom, Snorlax, or Porygon-Z? Thank you in advance. (TLR is a locking RP, that is, Pokemon in them cannot be in use anywhere else)

Better yet, delay your TLR until your match is over.
It's already happening, but if I'm allowed to do nothing there so I can use my mons, that would be great too. I just don't want to have a gym fight when I only have two usable mons. (I only just found out that TLR is exclusive, as I thought I saw a post somewhere to the contrary)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
You cannot delay a TLR that has already started... :S

So I am just posting to give an updated queue...Well, if you would call it a queue at all...

QUEUE
(Ground) Leader Its_A_Random vs. Yarnus of Bethany (APPARENTLY POSTPONED)

And some hotfixes to my Gym Arena which a projmod should kindly edit in...
Old
"Sky Drop, Fly, & Bounce all do not gain altitutde to successfully evade attacks, that is, they instead become 0 Priority attacks"
New

"Sky Drop, Fly, & Bounce all work like they normally do, but they do not gain enough altitude to successfully evade attacks."

Old
"Any Pokemon hiding in Mud Patches through the use of moves like Dive can also be affected by seismic moves at x2 Power."
New
"Pokemon hiding in Mud Patches, while retaining the normal properties of Dive (Bar Typing), is also treated as the move: Dig, for the purposes of moves like Earthquake, Earth Power, etc"

Old
"These attacks can still be nullified by Storm Drain."
New
"Moves using these Mud Patches are also treated as Water-Type Moves for the purposes of Abilities such as Storm Drain."

SoSedit: Consider it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)