ASB Highlight Match (MATCH 4 - 9/23/2012) Battle! (Its_A_Random vs Dogfish44)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Gravity for 1 round

dogfish44's Team
@
(Water Stone)
Hp: 100
En: 100
2/3/4/4/70
Other:

@
(Expert Belt)
Hp: 57
En: 57
5/2/4/3/95
Other:

Its_A_Random's Team
@
(Mental Herb)
HP: 60
EN: 83
4/5/4/5/39 (-10 evasion)
Other: Paralysed (10%)

@
(Expert Belt)
Hp: 74
En: 95
4/8/2/3/28 (-10% Evasion)
Other:

Round 6

Oh god Übelbär, help me! I ran out of witty things to say!

Übelbär: "Reuniiiclus!" (translation: who said the stuff you babbled were witty?)

...remind me why i keep you?

Übelbär: "Reuniiiclus!" (translation: I am adorable?)

true.

ANYWAY

Dogfish sends out Tango the Ludicolo with a Water Stone to rain on Its_a_Random's Parade. And since no one in their right mind would use a Steelix against a Ludicolo, IAR calls Iron Chain back and returns Caius the Dusknoir with its Mental Herb.

This round begins with the dancing pineapple creating an adorable 15hp substitute to absorb future blows, while Caius also sets up in its own way by distorting time and space with Trick Room, which renders Swift Swim useless. But for Tango's joy, its other ability, Rain Dish, kicks in, restoring some (read: one) HP.

On the next turn, both pokemon switch to offensse mode. Caius, the Dusknoir, now faster thanks to the Trick Room, exploits the cold of the Ice Field and attacks Tango with a Frosty (therefore adorable) Ice Punch right on its face! That gotta hurt! Tango also went for the damage route, albeit a more sutil one as it uses Toxic to poison the Ghost. I don't know why one would poison a dead pokemon, but I guess physics and biology is overrated.

Finally, Caius disappears in the shadows and punches Tango once again with the power of darkness! Unfortunately, Darkness is kiiinda weak, so the effect of that attack is hard to see right now. Speaking of hard to see, the substitute Ludicolo made a couple turns ago that managed to trick Caius all this time (god pokemon are stupid) can't be seen, as it was destroyed!

But that doesn't seem to affect Tango, as the Ludicolo switches gears and attacks Dusknoir for a change with a pressurized Hydro Pump. Which probably hurt. I don't know.

Also the arena mechanism is acting up and by the time next round starts we will be back at the normal arena!

Ludicolo: 15hp substitute for 12 energy
+1hp due to rain dish

Full Paralysis:14 (no)
Dusknoir: Trick Room for 10 energy

Full Paralysis: 97 (no)
Dusknoir: Ice Punch: 8 + 2 + 1.5 = 11.5 damage for 6 energy
Crit: 12 (no)
Freeze: 23 (no)
-1hp due to poison

Ludicolo: Toxic for 9 energy
+1hp due to rain dish

Full Paralysis: 54 (no)
Dusknoir: Shadow Punch: 6 + 3 + 1.5 = 10.5 damage for 3 energy
Crit: 12 (no)
-1hp due to poison

Sub is no more!

Ludicolo: Hydro Pump: 12 + 3 - 1.5 = 13.5 damage for 9 energy
Crit: 6 (no)
+1hp due to rain dish

Trick Room for 3r​

dogfish44's Team
@
(Water Stone)
Hp: 88
En: 70
2/3/4/4/70
Other:

@
(Expert Belt)
5/2/4/3/95
Other:

Its_A_Random's Team
@
(Mental Herb)
HP: 43
EN: 64
4/5/4/5/39 (-10 evasion)
Other: Paralysed (5%), Toxic (-2hp)

@
(Expert Belt)
Other:

Dogfish's Turn

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor

"Ai ai ai..."

Electro Ball ~ Thunder ~ Electro Ball
IF Dusknoir not Para'd when using Electro Ball, THEN Thunderbolt
IF EQ used more than once, Magnet Rise A1 AND Push Back

Its_A_Random

A distant memory

"Just drain the opponent..."

Rest > Earthquake > Shadow Punch
IF you are fully Paralysed, THEN push actions back.

Frosty

=_=
Trick Room for 3r​

dogfish44's Team
@
(Water Stone)
2/3/4/4/70
Other:

@
(Expert Belt)
5/2/4/3/95
Other:

Its_A_Random's Team
@
(Mental Herb)
HP: 43
EN: 64
4/5/4/5/39 (-10 evasion)
Other: Paralysed (5%), Toxic (-2hp)

@
(Expert Belt)
Other:

Round 7

And after some time the arena is on its normal state once again and we can resume this match!

Dogfish calls back Tango and sends out, once again, Short Fuse the Electivire, his signature pokemon.

But before Short Fuse could lay the hurt on Caius, the Dusknoir gives his foe the attention he deserves by promptly...sleeping. It is Resting...taking a nap while his vicious opponent is outraged! Preposterous!

And a deep sleep it is as Short Fuse's Thunderbolt failed to make it even move or mumble something funny. It just stood there, snoring. That is humiliating, dude.

On the second action, Short Fuse uses its strongest attack (bar Favourable Electro Ball) as it summons a mighty Thunder from the dark skies!

...and Caius Continues to get some zzzs. I wish I could sleep like that. Oh well.

Finally, Short Fuse tries to Thunderbolt once again, spreading electricity everywhere. And Caius is still resting! It mumbles something and it seems that it will wake up very soon, but still...it is undisturbed with all that noise. I am impressed.

Speaking of impressive, the arena machine is acting up again and.....

...we are at the Fire Arena!

Field Type: Fire
Description: The arena blazes with intense heat; If a Pokemon uses a Fire-type attack in this arena it will pick up additional heat, increasing its Base Attack Power by two (2). Pokemon cannot be frozen while this field is active. If a Pokemon uses a Water-type attack in this field some of it will evaporate, reducing its Base Attack Power by two (2). The increase in Firepower and the decrease in effectiveness of Water moves does NOT stack with the effects of Sunny Day. Attacking moves that inflict burns have their chance of doing so raised by 10% (flat).

Full Paralysis: 53 (no)
Dusknoir: Rest for 15 energy
+12hp
no more paralysis
no more toxic
like a brand new battered fat ghost

Electivire: Thunderbolt: 10 + 3 - 1.5 = 11.5 damage for 8 energy
Crit: 4
Paralysis: 7 (no)

Dusknoir: zzz
+12hp

Electivire: Thunder: 12 + 3 - 1.5 = 13.5 damage for 9 energy
Hit: 33 (yes)
Crit: 11
Paralysis: 6 (no)

Dusknoir: zzz
+12hp

Electivire: Thunderbolt: 10 + 3 - 1.5 = 11.5 damage for 8 energy
Crit: 11
Paralysis: 6 (no)

New Arena: 4/6 (Fire Arena)

Trick Room for 2r​

dogfish44's Team
@
(Water Stone)
2/3/4/4/70
Other:

@
(Expert Belt)
En: 32
5/2/4/3/95
Other:

Its_A_Random's Team
@
(Mental Herb)
HP: 42
EN: 49
4/5/4/5/39 (-10 evasion)
Other: will wake up next action.

@
(Expert Belt)
Other:

IAR's Turn

Its_A_Random

A distant memory

"Meh."

Earthquake > Fire Punch > Shadow Punch
IF Chill is issued, AND Short Fuse is not Taunted, THEN use Taunt on the first instance, pushing actions back.
IF Toxic is issued, AND Short Fuse is not Taunted, THEN use Taunt on the first instance, pushing actions back.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly

"Now isn't this fun? I think that we have a lovely position here..."

Electroweb ~ Electro Ball ~ Thundershock + Thunderbolt

Frosty

=_=
Trick Room for 2r​

dogfish44's Team
@
(Water Stone)
2/3/4/4/70
Other:

@
(Expert Belt)
En: 32
5/2/4/3/95
Other:

Its_A_Random's Team
@
(Mental Herb)
HP: 42
EN: 49
4/5/4/5/39 (+10 acc)
Other: will wake up next action.

@
(Expert Belt)
Other:

Round 8

"Hey Übelbär, do you happen to have a fan? this arena is making me sweat a river!"

Übelbär: "Reuniiiiiclus" (translation: What do you think I am, a Rotom? Call Bellum and see if it can help you out)

"I never bought a Spin Fan for it, so that won't help. I suppose I could use the Wash Washer, but then I would be too wet!"

Dogfish: "Hey you, why don't you talk less and ref more. This is an actually important match!"

....fine.

And we now begin Round 8 of this skirmish. If you are too lazy to read the last post, we are seeing Dogfish's Short Fuse the Electivire facing IAR's Caius the Dusknoir. The first has a Hp advantage, but the second has Trick Room and a bit more Energy. We will see the result of this match up now, so stay tuned!

Caius begins this round by making the Earthquake by punching it hard with its ethereal hands! The ground is moving and cutting some of Short Fuse's Electricity, damaging him greatly! Luckily for us this arena isn't equipped with a Volcano, or else it would be the end of all!

Short Fuse, however, has a more clever plan than just plain attack. He uses focused discharges of electricity to form an Electroweb to try and hinder Dusknoir's movements.

...emphasis on the word "try". Short Fuse picked the worst time ever to use that attack, as Caius was busy elsewhere. Since the Electivire was taking too long to attack (thanks to Trick Room), the Dusknoir searched the arena and saw a nice shiny object inside the shack and as it was lowering to get it, the electroweb was formed and missed Caius Completely. Not Dogfish's luckiest round that is for sure!

The only thing Short Fuse managed was remind Caius that a Serious Battle was going on (payback is a bitch, uh?) and it proceeded to attack again by using the heat of the arena to fuel a Fire Punch that hit the Electivire straight in the face. Short Fuse then counterattacks with Electroball, that probably would have hit for more power if the last move didn't miss. Ah, such is life.

Finally, Caius envelops his hand in Shadows and proceed to Punch Short Fuse in the face, leaving him hanging by the skin of his teeth. But the Electivire is a tough nut to crack and, after focusing a hell lot of electricity on his body, lets out a mighty BOLT (Thunderbolt+Thundershock combo) that hits Caius for great damage, leaving it just as battered as Short fuse himself, although the Dusknoir still have some energy left...and the same can't be said about the Electivire.

and the plot thickeeeeennsssss

also the fire arena stays for just one more round.

Dusknoir: Earthquake: (10 + 3)*1.5 = 19.5 damage for 7 energy
Crit: 9 (no)

Electivire: Electroweb: 6 + 3 - 1.5 = miss for 3 energy
Hit (1-95 = hit): 100 (oh god lol no)
Crit: 4 (no)

Dusknoir: Fire Punch: 8 + 2 + 3 = 13 damage for 6 energy
Crit: 16 (no)
Burn: 6 (no)

Electivire: Electro Ball: 8 + 3 - 1.5 = 9.5 damage for 8 energy
Crit: 5 (no)

Dusknoir: Shadow Punch: 6 + 3 + 3 = 12 damage for 3 energy
Crit: 5 (no)

Electivire: Thunderbolt + Thundershock: (10*1.5+4)+3-1.5= 20.5 damage for 16.5 energy
Crit: 8 (no)
Paralysis: 9 (no)

Trick Room for 1r​

dogfish44's Team
@
(Water Stone)
2/3/4/4/70
Other:

@
(Expert Belt)
Hp: 12
En: 4
5/2/4/3/95
Other:

Its_A_Random's Team
@
(Mental Herb)
HP: 12
EN: 33
4/5/4/5/39 (+10 acc)
Other:

@
(Expert Belt)
Other:

Dogfish gives orders
Its_A_Random gives orders
I Ref

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly

"Poof, there goes that lovely position. YAY."

Cooldown ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thunderbolt
IF Protective/Evasive A2 THEN Chill AND push back.

Frosty

=_=
Trick Room for 1r​

dogfish44's Team
@
(Water Stone)
2/3/4/4/70
Other:

@
(Expert Belt)
Hp: 12
En: 4
5/2/4/3/95
Other:

Its_A_Random's Team
@
(Mental Herb)
EN: 33
4/5/4/5/39 (+10 acc)
Other:

@
(Expert Belt)
Other:

Round 9​

Caius attacks again with Earthquake and Knocks Short Fuse Out before I can even think of something stupid to say!

Now it is 2 vs 1, although that one is a Ludicolo, which pretty much shits all over IAR's team. The Gym Team at least.

Oh the Arena returned to normal. At the end of next round it will change to either Rock, Grass, Water, Electric or Ground.

Dusknoir: Earthquake: (10+3)*1.5 = 19.5 damage for 7 energy
Crit: doesn't matter

Electivire fainted!

Trick Room is no more!

dogfish44's Team
@
(Expert Belt)
Hp: KO
En: KO
5/2/4/3/95
Other:

@
(Water Stone)
2/3/4/4/70
Other:

Its_A_Random's Team
@
(Mental Herb)
EN: 26
4/5/4/5/39 (+10 acc)
Other:

@
(Expert Belt)
Other:

Ludicolo is sent out!
IAR gives orders
Dogfish gives orders
I Ref

Frosty

=_=
dogfish44's Team
@
(Water Stone)
2/3/4/4/70
Other:

Its_A_Random's Team
@
(Mental Herb)
EN: 26
4/5/4/5/39 (+10 acc)
Other:

@
(Expert Belt)
Other:

Round 10​

Dogfish sends out Tango the Ludicolo once again and it wastes no time charging up with solar energy!

Übelbär: "Reuniiiclus" (translation: sun? where?)

Ermm...the huge scoreboard is hidding it. But it is there. The arena description doesn't mention night, so it MUST be somewhere. The description is always right!

Übelbär: "Reuniiiclus" (translation: yeeeahhh...)

Anyway, some time later, Tango lets out a massive Solarbeam that Knocks Caius Out!

And now Its_A_Random is left with one single pokemon on a very hostile environment. Oh and speaking of Environment, the arena is charging up and changing tooo...

The Water Arena. Not IAR's lucky day >_>.

Field Type: Water
Description: Allows unlimited use of all Water-moves. Environmental moves such as Surf are enabled, and the energy cost of Water-type moves is reduced by two (2). Swift Swim is active for all Pokemon that reside in the pond at one end of the stage. Electric-type attacks aimed at Pokemon in the water have perfect accuracy (akin to Aura Sphere or Swift). Any interaction with the water or the fountains causes a great deal of splashiness to take place, causing the effects of Water Sport to come into effect for as long as this field is up.

Ludicolo charges up with sunlight! (-3.5en)

Ludicolo uses Solarbeam! (-3.5en)
Crit: 4/16 (no)
Damage: 12 + 3 - 1.5 = 13.5

Dusknoir fainted!

Arena: 3/5 (Water)

dogfish44's Team
@
(Water Stone)
Hp: 89
En: 63
2/3/4/4/70
Other:

Its_A_Random's Team
@
(Mental Herb)
HP: KO
EN: KO
4/5/4/5/39 (+10 acc)
Other:

@
(Expert Belt)
Other: [/hide]

IAR sends out Steelix with Expert Belt and specifies ability activation/deactivation
Dogfish gives orders
IAR gives orders
I Ref

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)