ASB LC Tournament: Round 3

ASB Little Cup Tournament
Hosted by: deadfox081
Co-hosted by: Dogfish44

Okay then, preliminary rounds are done, now we move onto the real stuff. From here on out we have a single elimination tournament on a fixed bracket. Said bracket happens to be this:

Matches from here on out will be contested under the same rules, and this round will once again have a strict 75 day time limit from this post. Expect more frequent tagging this time around too. A reminder of the rules:

Battle Rules

3v3 Singles
ASB Arena
Strict 72h Disqualification. One warning per player. After the warning is used (any tag after DQ interval is passed will be counted as warning), the Player has one hour to post (with full orders/pokemon, just saying "orders coming watch this space" doesn't suffice) after DQ is called to rescind it. If one hour passes, the player is DQ'd regardless of the ref posting or not. User calling DQ must tag DQ'd player. Referees please tag the combatants when you have finished your reffing. Players, if you know you're going to be away you better post a Leave of Absence BEFORE you leave, or give a very good reason in case of an emergency.
Infinite Recoveries/Chills per Pokémon.
Three Substitutions per player excluding KO Substitutions.
Switch = OK
Abilities = ALL
Items = ON
Sendout = coinflip

So the matches for Round 3 are as follows:

Dogfish44 vs Rainman Legends
THREAD: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lct-round-3-dogfish44-vs-rainman-legends.3572475/
REF: deadfox081
RESULT: Dogfish44 wins

Birkal vs smashlloyd20
THREAD: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lct-round-3-birkal-vs-smashlloyd20.3572551/
REF: jayelt413
RESULT: Birkal wins

Glacier Knight vs Texas Cloverleaf
THREAD: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lct-round-3-texas-cloverleaf-vs-glacier-knight.3572554/
REF: Mowtom
RESULT: Texas wins

deadfox081 vs YellowAdminSilver
THREAD: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lct-round-3-deadfox081-vs-yellowadminsilver.3572590/
REF: Toon
RESULT: YellowAdminSilver wins

jayelt413 vs Frosty
THREAD: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lct-round-3-jayelt413-vs-frosty.3572251/
REF: deadfox081
RESULT: jayelt413 wins

Matezoide vs Its_A_Random
THREAD: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lct-round-3-matezoide-vs-its_a_random.3572476/
REF: dogfish44
RESULT: Matezoide wins

Since I neglected to organise referees to this point everyone except for myself and YAS should please PM teams to me and I will set up all the OPs. Referees will then be assigned to the matches once the OPs are set up. Anyone willing please comment here, I will likely keep two matches for myself and would like to limit others to 1 match each so that it may receive their undivided attention.

So let Round 3 and the whinging about match ups commence!

Birkal vs smashlloyd20
jayelt413 vs Frosty

Last edited:

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Birkal vs smashlloyd20
jayelt413 vs Frosty - Just gonna say nothing here, except for Good Luck!

O boy

Birkal vs smashlloyd20
jayelt413 vs Frosty

You know, I feel like given the other people in the Quarter Finals, I got somewhat of a lucky break (this is still going to be hard as heck womp womp womp)

Tex when was the last time we fought rofl, this will be fun. Good luck babes I luv you~<3

Dogfish44 vs Rainman Legends [I think Rainy has a small team advantage, but Doggy has the upper edge in skill]
Birkal vs smashlloyd20 [Birkal's team hardcore counters Smash's, though both have equal skill in my eyes. It'll be a good match to watch, but I have to give Birks the edge :(]
Glacier Knight vs Texas Cloverleaf [Tex has the history of being a better player, but i'm going to try my damndest and the matchup is fairly even. We'll see~]
deadfox081 vs YellowAdminSilver [Both are great battlers. I give Deadfox the edge, but this one is also going to be fairly close I think.]
jayelt413 vs Frosty [You know what? I'm putting in a wildcard bet. I'm not 100% sure about Jayjay winning, but I honestly think he's got a shot (granted he doesn't choke and play stupid). He has the possibility to counterteam Frosty enough to give him a decent edge, and I'm going to put a little faith in him. Its an uphill battle though, because we all know Frosty is an amazing battler.]
Matezoide vs Its_A_Random [I'm not even looking at the teams for this one. Mate is my Speedwagon and I WILL ALWAYS HAVE HIS BACK HE IS MY JOJOBROBRO. Get rekd IAR]

I also just want to put it out there that everyone is sleeping on me when they fail to realize that the first prize is a frick fracking ice pokemon and i want it with every fiber of my being

gg let's have some fun children

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Good luck! I hope you die an excruciatingly painful death :3​
Birkal vs smashlloyd20
Chimchar's about to have a field day!​
Your teams are too similar. I give Tex only a slight edge here at best.​
Both bring powerhouses, but my gut is that Deadfox will have the edge. Ask me again once their thread is up.​
jayelt413 vs Frosty
Yeah, sorry, but jay's movepool will, shall we say, screw him over royally. I still want to know what you predicted R1 vs me Frosty...
I trust that Matezoide will be putting a shitton of effort into this. Either that, or he'll 2-0 without using Mankey. Again.​

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I completely ignored Doduo as a factor and I thought Trubbish would be around for some reason. Abra wasn't supposed to be there (Corphish was) and I just understimated Doduo and pretty much lost Breezi in that. All things that won't happen again when we meet again.

Dogfish44 vs Rainman Legends - Rainman pulled an upset on a terrific play against IAR and has some momentum going. But Dogfish44 is hands down the player that played the best in this tournament so far. Teams seem....equal? Doduo will slice through things like a hot knife on butter (at least for a rank 2 it will perform really nicely) and Mime will 'cause a lot of headaches.
Birkal vs smashlloyd20 - I actually put smash via DQ here, but let's not consider that possibility for now. But seriously, this isn't an easy pick. I went with Birkal because of his very solid skills. But he sometimes plays horribly depending on free time and overlooks lots of stuff when ordering, and if that happens, I am positive smash will capitalize.
Glacier Knight vs Texas Cloverleaf - Teams seem somewhat equal. Texas has a much better track record, so that is why I am predicting him.
deadfox081 vs YellowAdminSilver - I am favoring deadfox081 on teams and I feel YAS won't order optimally. Normally, both have very similar skill levels, but deadfox081 is more consistent (he isn't choking as much!) and YAS isn't doing the best orders ever in the last weeks.
jayelt413 vs Frosty - I want Kyurem and I am not a gentleman so yeah I predict myself. And that is the spirit I will enter the battle with. Sure, that aside, I don't like the matchups and jay is much better than the last time I faced him, so hey I might be preparing my own fall here.
Matezoide vs Its_A_Random - This is the hardest match to predict. Call it a hunch.

While I still intend to post all the OPs that are not for my own match, we now have referees.

Dogfish44 vs Rainman Legends REF: deadfox081
Birkal vs Smashlloyd20 REF: jayelt413
Glacier Knight vs Texas Cloverleaf REF: Mowtom
deadfox081 vs YellowAdminSilver REF: Toon
jayelt413 vs Frosty REF: deadfox081
Matezoide vs Its_A_Random REF: Dogfish44

I will tag referees in the appropriate threads once they go up

Dogfish is indeed correct, this round is over. Disappointing to see 5/6 of the matches not reach their completion (made worse by the fact that the only completed match was my loss...) but glad to see this moving along at a cracking pace now.

Eliminated players Rainman Legends, @Smashlloy20, Glacier Knight, deadfox081, Frosty and Its_A_Random may now claim one member of their LCT team exactly as is for their participation prize. Please link to this post when claiming.

The Semi Finals will be up shortly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)