Data Mentoring Program Signups [ZhengTann now in Charge!]

Program: Reffing
Course: 101
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)
Reffing Experience (if any): I have reffed a flash match before
Why do you want to be tutored: To gain reffing knowledge and experience (UC is nice too)
Any extra comments about yourself: I don't think so?
_____

Starting ASB Queue:
-

Reffing Queue:
DeathWriter (101)

Gym Queue:
-

Battling Queue:
-

Program: Starting ASB
Timezone:
GMT+1
ASB Experience (if any): I read about how the basics of ordering work at least; also, I have some basic understanding of the currencies
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: I was curious to try out this battle system...
Why do you want to be tutored: I am more in need to get a feel for how it works rather than finding out anything in particular.
Any extra comments about yourself: I'm a little dubious about trying out ASB; it seems more akin to Pokémon Showdown than any actual Pokémon RPG.

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was gonna wait until I evolved my eevees but that match is gonna take forever a while so...

Course: 202
Timezone: (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Reffing Experience (if any): a lot
Why do you want to be tutored:
Why do you want to be tutored: because
Any extra comments about yourself:
Starting ASB Queue:
LightningLord42

Reffing Queue:
Toon (202)

Gym Queue:
-

Battling Queue:
-

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I should take Toon, since I need a Triples match to train myself.

Starting ASB Queue:
LightningLord42

Reffing Queue:
Toon (202)

Gym Queue:
-

Battling Queue:
-

Course: 202
Timezone: GMT -4
Reffing Experience (if any): I was an active ref in the past, but my activity has declined.
Why do you want to be tutored: Because I am always happy to increase my knowledge on a given subject.
Any extra comments about yourself: Pass.

Starting ASB Queue:
LightningLord42

Reffing Queue:
P2X7 (202)

Gym Queue:
-

Battling Queue:

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Via long PM permission from deadfox081, taking P2X7. My team will be in shortly.

Starting ASB Queue:
LightningLord42

Reffing Queue:
-

Gym Queue:
-

Battling Queue:
-

Timezone: EST
ASB Experience (if any):
Think I got some of the rules down, and subs make sense to me.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: I'm interested in ASB in general, and I already know Smogon to be a friendly community. Also, I like how mechanically and competitively based this particular ASB is, as compared to others I've heard about or looked at
Why do you want to be tutored: So I can actually be competent in the whole battling system.
Any extra comments about yourself: I'm pretty active and not quite interesting in putting too much roleplay or flavor into my orders.

Timezone:
Mountain Time (GMT -6 iirc)
ASB Experience (if any): No experience whatsoever, but I do know a little bit of the basics from the TV Tropes page
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: It seems like a good way to pass the time until Sun and Moon are out and have a somewhat fleshed out meta. Also, I really like Smogon's community in general
Why do you want to be tutored: It'll be better for learning ASB than any information I could scrounge up from TV Tropes
Any extra comments about yourself: I'm going to be inactive most of the time in IRC chat on weekdays because school, but I'll recap on what I missed out on when I get back from school. I also have a little bit of RP experience from World of Warcraft, but I know the ASB environment and WoW RP environment are two radically different places. (also I'm going to be relatively inactive in general for a few more hours because the internet at my house went out so I'm stuck using my phone until my parents get a new router because the old one died)

Last edited:
Timezone:
EST
ASB Experience (if any): I've done a bunch of reading on this forum and have taken a peek at a lot of battles.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: Again, I've done a lot of reading and it looks like quite the fun game.
Why do you want to be tutored: I'm new, so I thought it would be the best way to learn the ropes.
Any extra comments about yourself: I don't think I need the lessons about registration, I'm mostly here to get real exposure to battles with insight to what is good and what I can work on.

Timezone:
Central Time (UTC - 6)
ASB Experience (if any): I've watched a couple battles, but no actual experience being in one.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: To me it seems like a much more fluid way of playing pokemon, and efforts are made to at least try to make most pokemon viable.
Why do you want to be tutored: I'm still new to this (only even heard about it a few days ago), so it'd be great to learn some of the basics from another person.
Any extra comments about yourself: Subs are what I feel like I have the least understanding of (after reading through the beginner's guide/handbook/audit etc), so it'd be nice if I could get some tips on how to remember what's legal and what's not.

i have decided to do this! finally! *consoles self*

breathe in
breathe out
*adopts meditation pose*
*empties head of stray thoughts*
breathe in

whoosh

breathe out

you can do this fort
((THATS A STRAY THOUGHT CALL THE MEDITATION POLICE))

*empties head again*

breathe in

in again

breathe out

whoooosh

taking r101 yolol

queue:
Snorlax Blocking the Road (r101)

Timezone:
Eastern Time (US; UTC-5?)
ASB Experience (if any): I've skimmed through some battles
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: After looking through some battles, it seems like a very interesting way to play Pokemon, and a playable format with Anime mechanics sounds really, really cool.
Why do you want to be tutored: I'm very new and thus don't know much about how battles flow and whatnot, so I need to learn at least the basics.
Any extra comments about yourself: I'll probably ask a lot of questions

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)