ASB Redemption! 1v1, SimonSays vs PinkCaptainFalcon (Ref: IceBug)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as much as I could try, I don't believe I could make a proper Shawshank Redemption reference in the little opening...I'm not entirely sure I've ever seen the entire movie before. Putting that aside for a moment, SimonSays and PinkCaptainFalcon are prepared to do battle, and I'm as prepared as I can be...so without further ado:

Eevee [Fawkes] (F)
Nature: Bashful (No effect)
Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities:
Run Away: (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and will evade any field traps and hazards that would harm it (Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes) in an arena. A Pokemon can still absorb Toxic Spikes if it has Run Away and is Poison-typed. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to switch out of trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.
Adaptability: (Innate) The moves that match this Pokemon’s type have their Base Attack Power increased by two (2).
Anticipation (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is better at sensing dangerous attacks, and reduced the Base Attack Power from super-effective attacks, Selfdestruct, and Explosion by two (2).

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 55

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Tail Whip
Helping Hand
Growl
Sand Attack
Quick Attack

Tickle
Wish
Yawn

Sunny Day
Shadow Ball
Return

Dratini Lady Rainicorn (Female)
Nature: Rash (Adds * Rank to Special Attack; Subtracts * Rank From Special Defense)
Type: Dragon
Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Abilities:
Shed Skin: Type: Innate
This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.

DW Marvel Scale:Type: Innate
This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the Base Attack Power of incoming physical attacks by two (2).

Stats:
HP: 110
Atk: 3
Def: 2
SpA: 3 (+)
SpD: 1 (-)
Spe: 50

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Wrap
Leer
Thunder Wave
Twister
Dragon Rage
Slam
Agility

Extreme Speed
Light Screen
Dragon Pulse

Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Protect

1v1 Singles, 1st Forms
2 Recoveries/5 Chills
2 Day DQ

Arena; That Field with a Tree at the End of Shawshank Redemption...where Andy Dufresne (pronounced Doo-Frain) and his wife made love and he proposed and she said yes and many years later Red went back and got the letter and the money that encouraged him to break his parole and go to Zihuatanejo where they meet and have a broment.

- Simple little field with an inclination of the ground towards the tree. A rock wall lines the edge of the field, and the competitors stand about 15m away from it, while being 80m away from each other. Ground is Diggable, Earthquake and such are usable, and Surf and the like are possible, because there was a river about 8m wide that no one else saw. The camera didn't point that way, see; they couldn't have known. =]

Also, seeing as this battle is set around the 1940's, everyone has to listen to at least 1 song by the Ink Spots. =]

1 Ability
No switch or items

And the order:

SimonSays will send out post actions.
PinkCaptainFalcon will do the same.
I ref as I keep trying to tunnel my way out from behind this poster.
Reverse order, continue towards freedom/defeat.

GAME ON!

We are the Lords of all Creation...

Alright Fawkes, let get this on a roll! Show them your Adaptability!

Let's get the ball rolling quickly, now. Open up with a Sand Attack, to throw off our opponent's moves. Then follow with a Tickle, just in case she does strike you, and finish up with a Return!

Sand Attack ~ Tickle ~ Return

Also, listening to "I don't want to set the world on fire", just so you know. =]

I see he wants to play the stat drop game!
Hope that eevee is lucky with the RNG because she is about to get crippled.

Ability: Shed Skin
Thunder Wave - Wrap - Dragon Pulse

I love that song btw

I will do the flavor for this after I wrap around from my other reffing jobs, so I can get everyone's match moving again. Thank you for your patience, and you can post actions if you want.

SimonSays':

Fawkes (Eevee) [F]
Nature: Bashful
Health: 90
Energy: 100%
Boosts: None
Other: None
Actions: Sand Attack - Tickle - Return

-vs-

PinkCaptainFalcon's:

Lady Rainicorn (Dratini) [F]
Nature: Rash
Health: 90
Energy: 100%
Actions: Thunder Wave - Wrap - Dragon Pulse

Prose coming soon.

SimonSays':

Fawkes (Eevee) [F]
Nature: Bashful
Health: 71
Energy: 85%

-vs-

PinkCaptainFalcon's:

Lady Rainicorn (Dratini) [F]
Nature: Rash
Health: 75
Energy: 84%

Calculations:
Fawkes Sand Attack 4 Energy
Lady Rainicorn Thunder Wave Fawkes Paralyzed 7 Energy
Lady Rainicorn Wrap 5 Damage 3 Energy
Fawkes Tickle 5 Energy
Lady Rainicorn 12 Damage 6 Energy (+2 Damage from Wrap)
Fawkes Return 15 Damage 6 Energy

PCF has first actions.

Hey, I got Yawn! Didn't notice that, will have to abuse that at some stage...

Alright, I've seen It's_A_Random does this, so it should work! Fawkes, throw up a Shadow Ball to neutralize the Fire Blast, then Yawn Twice and pray to thy Arceus!

Shadow Ball (at the FireBlast) ~ Yawn X2

Hello, my name is Steampowered and I will be subreffing your match

Fawkes (Eevee) F
Health: 71
Energy: 85%
Other: Paralyzed 20%

Lady Rainicorn (Dratini) F
Energy: 84%

Round 2: The match continues!

The match begins again and both battlers get ready. They order their commands and their Pokemon begin. Despite being faster, Fawkes doesn't attack. Instead she just stares down her opponent. Lady Rainicorn sees the oppertunity and starts to attack. She summons up a large flame in the shape of the Kanji for a massive Fire Blast. Following her trainers orders, Fawkes counters the large flame with her own attack. She shoots a Shadow Ball at the attack to try and negate it. Both attacks collide in midair and a large explosion follows. Neither Pokemon is hurt from the blast but from the smoke some flames still manage to hit Fawkes. It seems as though you can't counter a strong attack with a weaker attack. Fawkes, bored by the small scratch that the Fire Blast did continues by Yawning at Lady Rainicorn. This would normally make most people (and pokemon) very drowsy but Lady Rainicorn is Protecting herself with a green barrier which is hard to see through so she doesn't see the Yawn and thus doesn't get drowsy. Fawkes angered by this decides to Yawn a second time in hopes of making Lady Rainicorn drowsy. This time it hits square on as Lady Rainicorn is looking straight at Fawkes. Damn contagious yawns. Feeling kind of tired, Lady Rainicorn yawns but still manages to get off another Fire Blast. It hits Fawkes for some good damage and sends her flying back into the brick wall.

Action 1

Eevee:
Shadow Ball 6 Energy 0 HP done (used as block)
Dratini: Fire Blast 8 Energy 3 HP done to Eevee

Action 2

Eevee:
Yawn 6 Energy 0 HP done
Dratini:
Protect 7 Energy 0 HP done (blocked Yawn)
Action 3

Eevee:
Yawn 6 (+ 4) Energy 0 HP done
Dratini: Fire Blast 8 Energy 11 HP done to Eevee

Fawkes (Eevee) F
Health: 58
Energy: 63%
Other: Paralyzed 15%

Energy: 61%
Other: Drowsy (1 more actions)

sorry but i just realized IceBug forgot to put that Fawkes has been paralyzed since round 1
is that a big enough deal to merit a couple recalcs?

It used fire blast a second time because i believe you can only change one action with substitution

Also, why did Rainicorn use Fire Blast the second time? I thought that it would be using Protect again, because of the impeding Yawn. However, I'll still order through.

Let's keep it simple; use Tickle right off the bat, then give our Snakey foe some retribution. =]

Tickle ~ Return X2

Aww great, this makes things complicated. I'll do my best, I might recalculate the fire blast-shadow ball stuff cuz Fawkes is now slower but otherwise it should be about the same. Throughout the RNG rolls there where none below 200 (200>RNG) for full paralysis, plus I'm kinda lazy.

I'll get it up later tonight (I'm super busy right at this moment) and yes, there is only one substitution of actions each round

I didn't change the Fire Blast stuff cuz Fawkes attacked after Lady Rainicorn anyways.

Fawkes (Eevee) F
Health: 58
Energy: 63%
Other: Paralyzed 15%

Energy: 61%
Other: Drowsy (1 more actions)

Round 3: The sleepy dragon

Round 3 begins with Lady Rainicorn attacking. She once again summons up a large flame in the shape of the Kanji. Despite feeling drowsy and feeling her eyelids slowly closing on her, she still manages to shoot her Fire Blast at Fawkes. It hits for some good damage and sends Fawkes flying backwards. Fawkes gets up and begins to smirk. She can see that her Yawn has taken it's toll on Lady Rainicorn and she takes the opportunity presented. She runs up to Lady Rainicorn and begins to Tickle her. How terrible, tickling someone who's trying to fall asleep. It doesn't matter though because Lady Rainicorn ends up falling into a Light Sleep. Lady Rainicorn is out of it and can't seem to fight back, now is Fawkes' chance. She starts to prepare an attack but her body freezes up and she is fully paralyzed. Thankfully for Lady Rainicorn, it was only a light sleep and she is woken be the cries of anger from Fawkes as she tries to un-paralyze herself. She goes right up close to Fawkes and fires a deadly Dragon Pulse at Fawkes for some good damage. In return Fawkes is reminded of SimonSays and how she has to win this battle for him. She slams into Lady Rainicorn for some very good damage and sends her flying into the brick wall.

Action 1

Eevee: Tickle 5 Energy 0 HP done to Dratini
Dratini: Fire Blast 8 (+ 4) Energy 11 HP to Eevee

Action 2

Eevee: Return (paralyzed)
Dratini: Wrap (asleep)
Action 3

Eevee: Return 6 Energy 14 HP to Dratini
Dratini:
Dragon Pulse 6 Energy 11 HP to Eevee

Fawkes (Eevee) F
Health: 36
Energy: 52%
Other: Paralyzed 10%

Health: 61
Energy: 43%
Boosts: -1 Attack, -1 Defense

Why did fire blast cost 4 extra energy? are there new rules for using strong attacks before you fall asleep?

Fire Blast - Dragon Pulse - Dragon Rage

Sorry about the rinse and repeat here but its not like i have a lot of attacks yet or anything

Fire Blast was the last action used on the previous Round.

Alright, if you're going down, you're going down with Love! Do exactly what you did last Round!
But... Combo together you Returns for more Friendship-Powered Pulverizing!

Tickle ~ Return/Return Combination

I thought that each new round was its own thing. Is this something new?
Because if i used FB - something else - FB and then the next round started with FB would it be at a +12 energy cost?

it's only if it's used in succession ex. Round 1 fire blast +0, fire blast +4, hex +0 Round 2 hex +4, fire blast +0 and it does transcend rounds

with that in mind, let's continue

Fawkes (Eevee) F
Health: 36
Energy: 52%
Other: Paralyzed 10%

Health: 61
Energy: 43%

Round 4: Dans certaines pays on mange les chiens

Once again the battle starts up. Both competitors know that the battle will be over soon and that at any point something could happen to their Pokemon that could change the course of battle. Both Pokemon take off and the action commences. Lady Rainicorn begins with another one of her deadly Fire Blasts. Fawkes tries to dodge out of the way, but it hits her for some good damage once again. Fawkes, angered by the hit attacks Lady Rainicorn with another Tickle. Lady Rainicorn can't seem to stop laughing from Fawkes' tickling (it seems as though Dratini's are very ticklish). She manages to control herself and hits Fawkes with a Dragon Pulse from point blank. It hits and sends Fawkes flying back into the brick wall. Fawkes slowly gets up and stares down her opponent. She looks back at her trainer and remembers the kindness. She charges at Lady Rainicorn with all her might, showing her love and passion for SimonSays. She slams into Lady Rainicorn with all her might for a massive Return. It hits for massive damage hitting Lady Rainicorn right in her soft spot for a critical hit. It sends Lady Rainicorn flying like Pickachu sends Team Rocket flying. She lands in some soft grass and manages to get up. It seems as though Fawkes is now a sitting duck for Lady Rainicorn as that attack took all of her energy to pull off and now has to rest. Lady Rainicorn fires a Dragon Rage. It hits Fawkes for some good damage as the round ends.

Action 1

Eevee: 5 Energy 0 HP done to Dratini
Dratini: 8 Energy 11 HP done to Eevee

Action 2

Eevee: Return(x2) 32 Energy29 HP done to Dratini
Dratini:
6 Energy 11 HP done to Eevee

Action 3

Eevee: resting
Dratini:
Dragon Rage 6 Energy 10 HP to Eevee

Fawkes (Eevee) F
Health: 4
Energy: 15%
Other: Paralyzed 5%

Health: 32
Energy: 23%
Boosts: -2 Attack, -2 Defense

I'm sorry, Kiddo. I let you down.

Quick Attack/Return Combo ~ Sand Attack
(10 BAP, 12 when User HP lower than foes. +1 Priority)

sorry about that, I just had to confirm some things about sub-reffing in the "ask a simple question, get a simple answer" thread

alright,

Fawkes (Eevee) F
Health: 4
Energy: 15%
Other: Paralyzed 5%

Round 5: The end

Fawkes on her final bit of energy gets ready to fight. She stands up and notices that Lady Rainicorn has disappeared. Fawkes desperately looks around for her but cannot see her. All of a sudden Lady Rainicorn appears and hits Fawkes with her ExtremeSpeed. Fawkes falls over beaten. The match is over, Lady Rainicorn and PinkCaptainFalcon win!

Eevee: KO
Dratini:
ExtremeSpeed 6 Energy 8 HP to Eevee

Fawkes (Eevee) F
Health: KO
Energy: dead
Boosts:
Other:

Other:

PinkCaptainFalcon
gets 2 TC and a win,

Lady Rainicorn gets 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC and 1 KOC

SimonSays gets 2 TC and a loss

Fawkes gets 1 EC, 2 MC and 1 DC

Steampowered gets an official sub-reffed match with real match RC (which is 2 RC anyways)

good day to you both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)