ASB Team Tournament Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ASB Team Tournament Redux

Those are the prizes yo

Hello and welcome one and all to the glorious return of the ASB Team Tournament *raucous cheering*! Almost four years ago came the tournament that would change the face of ASB, with 15 teams of three signing up for a chance at the then coveted Master Ball, fighting it out in glorious team destroying fashion. Long notorious for the quality of its matches, the rise of newcomers to the upper echelon of ASB, and the first instance of serious johning, the original team tournament was a sight to behold, with Team jassmashpwn triumphing in the finals over Team Cruel Brittania. In honour of that tournament, Birkal and myself return to bring you the highest quality of competition once more. This time the stakes are as high as ever, with not one but THREE legends being given out as prizes. Long awaited in ASB, you have the opportunity to win your team the Kalos trio: Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde. With that being said, let's get to the rules!

Teams will be comprised of three members each competing against another team in three battles. Each member will participate in one of the following formats.
  • 3v3 Singles
  • 4v4 Doubles
  • 5v5 Triples (Positioning: Off)
The team that wins two of three matches will advance in a single elimination format.

The following rules will apply to each tournament match:
  • All Abilities
  • All Items
  • 3 recovers/5 chills
  • 3 Substitutions
  • 1 Mega
  • Switch=KO
  • 3 Day DQ for battlers
  • 3 Day DQ for refs
  • Self-KO clause; in the event of a double KO to end the match, the Pokemon that KOed itself through whatever means (self-KOing move, energy exhaustion, etc) loses.

Your Pokemon are locked in. You can not swap them out or edit in new moves or evolutions that you get outside the tournament after the first round starts, even between rounds.

Once battles start they are expected to move quickly; this means both battlers and refs should be active. Also, tournament matches should be your first priority; if you have to decide between posting for a tournament match and posting for another match, then unless you are severely risking DQ in the other match or have already done a tournament round that day then you should post in the tournament match. Battlers, you are on a 3 day DQ warning, between you and your teammates it should not be difficult to get orders in. You have one DQ warning per match, go over that and you lose, tough shit. Don't get DQed. With respect to LOAs, you will have a TOTAL of 5 days per match that you can extend DQ by via LOA. Go over 5 days, burn your DQ warning, and get DQed? You lose. Don't screw your team.

Finally, we would also like to see a return of the fantastic flavour that was characteristic of the original ASB Team Tournament and, as such, Birkal and I will be subjectively awarding bonus UC based on the subjective quality and content provided in the flavour of the reffing. Feel free to reference old tournament matches if you are unsure of how to go about this process.

Important Information, Rulings, Alterations, and Other Miscellaneous Information
- Birkal is the assistant host
- Singles will be 3a/round, doubles and triples will be 2a/round
- You may collaborate with team members to create orders. You MAY NOT post on their behalf.
- There is a default blanket ban on legendaries. You may bring them if both battlers agree to their use. Therefore we will allow an extra slot exclusively for the use of legends. As the opponent has control over the use of the legend, this should not convey any unfair advantages.
- Matchups will be re-randomized after the first round

Damn that's a lot of shit. Let's get to the matchups shall we?

Matchups:

Team TexSmashPwn Advances
1. Exclaimer vs. smashlloyd20
Ref: ZhengTann

2. Toon vs. Stratos
Ref: Matezoide

3. LouisCyphre vs. Texas Cloverleaf
Ref: jayelt413

Team Rocket Advances
4. Rainman Legends vs. Birkal
Ref: Leethoof

5. FMD vs. Mowtom
Ref: Toon

6. ZhengTann vs. Frosty
Ref: LouisCyphre

Team Daybreak Advances
7. Iron Caliber vs. jayelt413
Ref: Maxim

8. Fort Colorcastle vs. Someoneelse
Ref: Matezoide

9. zarator vs. deadfox081
Ref: Birkal

Team Midnight Machine Advances
10. YellowAdminSilver vs. Matezoide
Ref: Iron Caliber

11. Dogfish44 vs. Leethoof
Ref: smashlloyd20

12. Maxim vs. Glacier Knight
Ref: jayelt413

Deadline to send in is April 6th end of day EDT, refs have your threads up by the 7th please

Round deadlines will be determined on a need basis and given two weeks or more notice

Last edited:

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
So...I basically send in all my mons? That seems odd.

Also UGH why did Frosty not change the name to team DYAE or something Team No Name Yet is the worst name EVER

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So...I basically send in all my mons? That seems odd.

Also UGH why did Frosty not change the name to team DYAE or something Team No Name Yet is the worst name EVER
Ignore that line, was held over from previous thread. Its B3P3/B4P4/B5P5 with the pool to choose from.

tournaments are lame without in-thread predictions

Exclaimer vs Smashlloyd20
Toon
vs Stratos
LouisCyphre vs Texas Cloverleaf

Rainman Legends vs Birkal
FMD vs Mowtom
Zhengtann vs Frosty

Iron Caliber vs jayelt413
Fort Colorcastle
vs Someoneelse
Zarator vs deadfox081

YellowAdminSilver vs Matezoide
Dogfish44 vs Leethoof
Maxim vs Glacier Knight

ive never won a match against dogfish in my life, but i believe in the heart of my team

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to a slight mix-up, jayelt413 was set to referee a match within his own team's bracket. As a result, the following switch will be made in the refereeing assignments:

9. zarator vs. deadfox081
Ref: Birkal

12. Maxim vs. Glacier Knight
Ref: jayelt413​

All battlers implicated in this mix-up should still send to their original referee. jayy and I will post each other's match and then referee the opposite thread. If this concerns anyone, or you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
"All battlers implicated in this mix-up should still send to their original referee. jayy and I will post each other's match and then referee the opposite thread. If this concerns anyone, or you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask."

Still send in to Birkal, Glacier Knight. It's just that I will be doing the actual reffing of the battle.

I read that yes but I don't get why I can't just send them to you if I haven't sent them to birks yet. Unless maxim already did then in which case I understand

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Exclaimer vs. smashlloyd20 - Sorry don't know you.
Toon vs. Stratos - Sorry don't know you.
LouisCyphre vs. Texas Cloverleaf - Texas to blow up mid-match over an obscure ruling and throw the match away because of.
Rainman Legends vs. Birkal - Cannot see Rainman winning this.
FMD vs. Mowtom - Cannot see FMD winning this.
ZhengTann vs. Frosty - Cannot see ZhengTann winning this.
Iron Caliber vs. jayelt413 - Sorry don't know you.
Fort Colorcastle vs. Someoneelse - Alakazam will win this easily.
zarator vs. deadfox081 - Choker vs. Choker... Tough match to read. Both need to stop raiding as much though.
YellowAdminSilver vs. Matezoide - Not even the might of Matezoide's Matezoide tier mons will be able to stop the likes of Greninja and Sableye.
Dogfish44 vs. Leethoof - Leet might risk DQ but his doubles prowess is not to be trifled with.
Maxim vs. Glacier Knight - Flake vs. Flake, Minimum competence vs. Minimum competence, Screw-up vs. Screw-up... this is just a coinflip predict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)