ASB tutoring program

Ok you might say this when you read the thread's name: Oh just look at battles and you'll be fine. Well it's not that easy it is very hard to grasp some subjects of CAP ASB So I will be pitching an idea of a tutoring program. Just like Battle 101. Some ASBers might say oh just look at the Regitration Tower. But in fact (sorry DK) but it is really hard to understand all this. Hope this gets approved.

P.S. We have a ref tutoring program why not a battling one?

If you read everything it is actually easyish. I got a lot of infojust by looking at all of the main threads (regestration tower, battle tower). Then, it just comes down to expirence.

Anyway, what would the tutors teach you? Theres the thing. Would they look at your prize claim to see if theu're good or not, but that's done by approvers anyway. Would they help with battling? No, it would give you an unfair advantage.

Sorry if this seems a little mean/harsh but I just don't see it happening.

PS: I'd VM this threads link to Deck Kngiht because he and the ASB comitee would decide it in the end.

...Metal Bagon admittedly has a reputation for poor decision-making in ASB, but I admit that the
Anyway, what would the tutors teach you? Theres the thing. Would they look at your prize claim to see if theu're good or not, but that's done by approvers anyway. Would they help with battling? No, it would give you an unfair advantage.
part is valid.

I would certainly like the possibility of "tutoring battles" with two tutor battlers coaching each battler, though.

General advice (such as that the move Protect should be almost the first move you claim on your mons, Reflect/Light Screen are actually excellent moves on any mon that gets them, etc.) probably deserves finishing the guide.

And maybe making it concise enough for a series of Smog articles.

Agreed about the whole unfair advantage thing. If you would like help with ASB, you would be better off coming to #capasb on irc and I'm sure a bunch of users would be willing to help you with any questions.

You wouldn't have the tutors guiding the tutees along 100%, but they could set them on the right track, for example by letting them know during battles that Shadow Sneak + Dig is a stupid idea because it makes no sense.

More seriously, giving the tutees vague suggestions and shining more light on the situation by hinting at possible future moves by the opponent would help the tutees in a way that wouldn't necessarily give them an unfair advantage.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I, like Voldemort understood it without much difficulty, BUT, I think that this is still a good idea for understanding the nuances of the game, notably combos, which even after 4 months I still have yet to use.

Before that, I'd just like to point out that people who need help with anything can always just ask for it on the IRC channel.... almost everyone there is competent and capable of answering your questions (there will always be AT LEAST one person......). There doesn't seem to be anything about ASB that you can't just immediately understand from the Data Audit Thread/Registration Tower/etc or get an answer to quickly and easily on IRC.

I think the problem with just telling everyone to get on IRC is that not everyone has the time or the bandwidth to do it. And if there's some hard-written something to go over (Articles, Threads, PMs, etc.) then that'll be an aid to both newbies and veterans trying to keep up with all them fancy smancy changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)