Data ASB Viability Rankings (Mark II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What do people think about the following changes to the B+ Rank in terms of ups and downs:
  • Aggron -> B Rank
  • Aromatisse -> B Rank
  • Camerupt -> B Rank
  • Conkeldurr -> A- Rank
Aggron and Camerupt are matchup based and lose to common attacking types that hurt it despite their advantages, Aromatisse is being increasingly outclassed with Pokémon around it getting better and BR Draining Kiss nerf hurting it though it still has advantages, and Conkeldurr being moved up comes from the Life Orb buff and its unrivaled physical prowess allowing it to win many 1v1 matchups and even beat several A-Rankers. Also looking at a Lucario drop but I cannot really justify a drop atm.

Also somewhat thinking about an overhaul of the rankings tbh (mainly definitions) but idk.

Agreed. Aggron loses pretty badly to most things that can hit its weakness from the special side, while Camerupt is murdered by water attacks. Aromatisse... is ok, I guess. I never used BR Draining Kiss, yet Aroma has been really useful. However, it doesn't really beat anything badly (except maybe Sableye) so B should be a nice place for it.

About Conkeldurr, it really needed to go up, and with its sheer force (pun semi-intended) it might even warrant a change all the way up to A.

Also, as much as I trained my Lucario, it doesn't belong to B+. It just doesn't hit that hard, doesn't have many tricks to help him survive bad matchups (the only thing it can really do is phaze and suspend dig, the later not being very good when you are weak to ground) and has bad bulk. It should move to B or maybe even B- (although B- is kind of... weird atm, regarding the mons that are there. I guess that can be discussed later.)

I fully agree on moving conk up to A- as well. It's abilities are just too good, it can easily outpace even mons with supereffective STAB on it so long as it can supereffectively hit with one of its punches. Which considering it has the good old reliable Fire-Ice-Thunder triad working for it, is by no means a difficult task.

Reviving this thread I guess?

I agree with Aggron to B; it has some good tricks and hits hard but dies to too many common threats. I also think Chandelure should be dropped to B-. It has less coverage and utility than Pokemon such as Camerupt and Aggron, and is extremely fragile and weak to very common attacking threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)