Tournament ASB's First Singles Tournament (Referee Sign-Ups)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by DarkSlay, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkSlay

DarkSlay Thanks O-Breezy.
    is a Pre-Contributor

| THE ASB SINGLES TOURNAMENT |
    REFEREE SIGN-UPS

This thread is where you can sign up to become a referee for the first ever ASB Singles Tournament. Currently, we are looking for SIXTEEN referees for an expected THIRTY TWO man tournament, but if we need more, we will add on extras as we see fit. In order to apply, you must submit the following form in this thread:

---

NAME:
    AVAILABILITY:
    THREE LINKS OF PAST REFEREEING:

• LINK 1
    • LINK 2
    • LINK 3
    ---

A few things about signing up. We expect all of our referees will have enough time to complete most battles within ten days of the starting date. We also expect our referees to be extremely qualified when it comes to ASB knowledge and use of calculations. Writing skill will also be taken into account, although the arenas are fairly bog standard and promptness will be taken more seriously than creativity. We want to stress accuracy in our refereeing, so above average writing that stresses on good calculations is a must.

If you sign up for the main tournament, you may still submit your name for a referee spot. We're looking for referees with the best availability, but if we run out of options, you will be considered. If you cannot complete the requirements above, do not fear: you can still submit an application with battles currently being reffed or without a full three battles. While we're looking for the most experienced referees, we will still take into account any application when deciding the remaining spots available.

Referees are expected to be indifferent when it comes to picking a side. We hold our standards high for referees in this regard. Therefore, if there is any indication that a referee is biased or forces a certain outcome, it will result in immediate consequences of ASB account suspension or expulsion. Thank you.

The sign-up thread will be closing in 48 hours from the original posting time. We will announce our choices when the thread is locked.

COMPENSATION:

All referees will be participating in 2 v 2 Singles matches, with the finals being a 3 v 3 Singles match. 2 v 2 Singles net you 4 RC, while 3 v 3 Singles will net you 6.

Have fun, and happy reffing!

- DarkSlay
  2. Limewire

Limewire PRESS R TO WIN
    is a Contributor Alumnus

3. zarator

zarator Credits to Mos-Quitoxe for the cute sprite^^
    is a Contributor Alumnus

4. smashlloyd20

smashlloyd20

5. Darkamber8828

Darkamber8828

6. Athenodoros

Athenodoros Official Smogon Know-It-All

7. danmantincan

danmantincan

8. Flora

Flora Yep, that tasted purple!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

9. Destiny Warrior

Destiny Warrior also known as Darkwing_Duck
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

10. Terrador

Terrador

I'd like to apply. I have relatively little time here and am prone to stupid mistakes now and again, but I assure you that I'll double- and triple-check everything. On the bright side, however, my activity is easily 3+ matches per day and I have decent writing when I write proper flavor.

NAME: Terrador14, known on IRC as Terrador, real name Alec
    AVAILABILITY: PST; 4-11 PM on weekdays and 9 AM - 12 AM on weekends
    - http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3447532
    - http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3447367
    - http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3446973
  11. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Name: Rising_Dusk (orly)
    Availability: All of the time (almost)
    References:

• elDino vs Berserker Lord [URL]
    • Ducklett Stare vs Midou (Tie) [URL]
    • Athenodoros vs iiMKUltra [URL]
    • Deck Knight vs Darkamber8828 [URL]
    • deadfox081 vs shuckles my hero [URL]
    • Rolf vs Flamestrike [URL]
    • Destiny Warrior vs Cartoons! [URL]
    • Flamestrike's Battle Subway Challenge [URL]
    I am willing to play rock, paper, and scissors against Flora for the rights to ref the finals!
  12. Engineer Pikachu

Engineer Pikachu Good morning, you bastards!
    is a Contributor to Smogon

I feel jipped again.

NAME:
    Engineer Pikachu
    AVAILABILITY:
    6-8ish on weekdays, more on weekends (PST)

13. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

Now that I have the time and I'm already subreffing a match for smashlloyd20...might as well reap the RC.

NAME: Tortferngatr.
    AVAILABILITY: Any time but weekday mornings, EST. Usually.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86321 DarkSlay versus Wikey. 1v1 Singles, switch=n/a, all abilities, 3 days dq, two uses of Recover/Rest and 5 chills, items enabled.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86363 Engineer Pikachu vs. Rolf. 2v2 Singles, switch=KO, all abilities, 3 days dq, two uses of Recover/Rest and 5 chills, no items.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3448031 Spenstar vs. Objection. 1v1 singles, switch=antidisestablishmentarianism, one ability, 1 day DQ, no recover/rest/chill limitations specified, no items.
  14. TravelLog

TravelLog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)