ASBuddies Tournament - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, and thanks for signing up. Without further ado, the ASBuddies tournament will begin!

~ASBuddies Tournament!~
Battle Rules:
B3P2+B3P2 vs. B3P2+B3P2 Tag Team Doubles
DQ=4 Days, 2 Months per battle
Items=OK
Switch=OK
Abilities=All
Megas=1 per team
Chills/Recovers=5/2
Subs=3
Arena=ASB arena

Bracket:
http://challonge.com/ASBuddies

Teams:
Texas Cloverleaf:
Quotient the Gardevoir
Rob Van Dam the Lucario
Titan the Pyroak
Togekiss the Togekiss

Its_A_Random:
Megawhal the Colossoil
Raiza the Tomohawk
Caius the Dusknoir
Basher the Aggron
Frosty:
Stallord the Aerodactyl
Zant the Sableye
Hilda the Gardevoir
Rosso the Infernape

Deadfox081:
Dracor the Dragonite
Splat the Aggron
Glow the Lucario
Woosh the Tomohawk
AOPSUser:
Princess Peach the Necturna
Talos the Aggron
Red Hawk the Tomohawk
Sylvester the Sylveon

Tortferngatr:
Float the Krilowatt
Falsefalcon the Sigilyph
Zalgus the Gardevoir
Varion the Clawitzer
Avnomke:
Rodan the Greninja
Timmy the Gallade
Leonardo the Smeargle
Sir Galahad the Lucario

Gerard:
Katherine (Gardevoir)
Eponine (Togekiss)
Fantine (Kitsunoh)
Lamarche (Mollux)
Leethoof:
Tulowitzki the Aerodactyl
Siddhartha the Musharna
Boggle the Toxicroak
Helton the Rhyperior

Elevator Music:
Bronzong
Sableye
Mr. Mime
Heracross
Dogfish44:
Archeops
Porygon-Z
Eelektross
Cyclohm

Maxim:
Maya the Kangaskhan
Aht the Cinccino
Skyla the Lucario
Serenity the Togekiss
akela:
Maebure the Pinsir
Garland the Revenankh
Skull the Rampardos
Eiko Carrol the Gothitelle

Waterwarrior:
Houdin the Alakazam
Klavier Gavin the Syclant
Unohana the Togekiss
Torch Slug the Mollux
Mowtom:
Bubble the Reuniclus
George the Infernape
Joy the Togekiss
Kent the Escavalier

Gale Wing Srock:
D' Burd the Talonflame
Bubba Shrimp Co the Krilowatt
Rajny the Gallade
Joey the Colossoil
Rainman Legends:
Bahamut the Dragonite
Thundaga the Cyclohm
Chocobo the Togekiss
Kefka the Sableye

The Wanderer:
Larch the Aggron
Quass the Gallade
Jager the Greninja
Harya the Mollux
Tavok:
Gambo the Snorlax
Lira the Aromatisse
Stalker the Kitsunoh
Bastion the Lucario
Matezoide:
Steve the extremely normal Primeape
Chuck the Banette
Bosco the Muk
Trent the Greninja
Engineer Pikachu:
Togekiss
Gengar
Collosoil
Tomohawk

Zarator:
Sune the Gardevoir
Beshaba the Mismagius
Tymora the Fidgit
Vhaeraun the Greninja
S0L1D G0LD:
Dominic the Lucario
Kryllowatt the Krilowatt
Sui-Ren the Greninja
Prescott the Slowking

P2X7:
Saber the Tomohawk
Guinevere the Gardevoir
Vol the Togekiss
Cerdic the Aerodactyl
Pwnemon:
Pyroak
Sableye
Kitsunoh
Togekiss

Geodude6:
Collosoil
Gardevoir
Aurumoth
Gengar
Eternal_Drifter:
Kyofu the Tyranitar
Itsumo the Spiritomb
Butler the Audino
Tetsu the Bisharp

Canis Majoris:
Will the Mollux
Adam the Delphox
Emily the Kitsunoh
Rita the Aurumoth
Rickheg
Dusknoir
Cyclohm
Pyroak
Gallade

Mulan15262:
Luke the Lucario
Penguin the Empoleon
Crassus the Aggron
Masuku the Kitsunoh
Flame Emblem:
Vir Fortis the Gallade
Alitis the Staraptor
Arma the Aegislash
Versicolori Papilionem the Vivillon

Zhengtann:
Gray the Lucario
Charla the Starmie
Lucy the Gardevoir
Elfman the Camerupt

Referees:
15,262 Ricks vs Team Shockingly Normal - reffed by Gale Wing Srock
#aopsgate vs Team Bacon - reffed by Leethoof
Eleetvator until we have a flash of insight for a real name vs The Crystal Warriors - reffed by SubwayJ
Jigsaw vs GENGAR GANG - reffed by Zhengtann
Team Banhammer vs Eternalis Drifteris - reffed by Avnomke
Team TBD vs Bureaucratic Nightmare - reffed by Deadfox081
MowWing vs Pwnemon + Geodude6 - reffed by P2X7
ZtFE vs The Polar Express - reffed by S0L1D G0LD

Alrighty then, battlers - PM your teams (3 of each of your mons) to your referee. Everybody can make some friendly predictions in this thread, as well. Have fun, and stay within DQ!

Texas Cloverleaf Its_A_Random SubwayJ Frosty AOPSUser Tortferngatr Avnomke Gerard Leethoof Elevator Music Dogfish44 Maxim akela waterwarrior Mowtom Gale Wing Srock Rainman Legends The Wanderer tavok Matezoide Engineer Pikachu zarator S0L1D G0LD P2X7 Pwnemon Geodude6 Eternal Drifter Canis Majoris rickheg Mulan15262 Flame Emblem ZhengTann deadfox081

USER RICKHEG: GIVE TEAMS ASAP. THIS COUNTS AS YOUR DQ WARNING FOR THE ROUND.

Last edited:
15,262 Ricks vs Team Shockingly Normal
Requesting Rickheg to not use this opportunity to counter team. Thank you.

#aopsgate vs Team Bacon
I know from experience that AOPS is a good player, and Tort is a pretty cool trainer as well. As long as neither of them johns or screws up, they should have a good win. Watch out for Matezoide though.

Eleetvator until we have a flash of insight for a real name vs The Crystal Warriors
Kind of an unpopular opinion here. This is going to be a close match, as while the former team has the elevator music, both of the players on the latter team are very good, imo making the skillset higher for their team. Leethoof's just too rusty, though who knows, either could win.

Jigsaw vs GENGAR GANG
The match to watch, both of these teams have insanely skilled players, including gym leaders. I give the edge to Jigsaw though, since Avnomke is one of the rising stars of ASB, and Gerard is legendary when it comes to doubles battles.

Team Banhammer vs Eternalis Drifteris
Sorry Eternal Drifter, as much as I like you, I have to give the edge to the other team. It's a Random and Texas Cloverleaf just isn't an easy combo to get past no matter how you slice it.

Team TBD vs Bureaucratic Nightmare
I'd say this is an even matchup (lots of those in this round). To be blunt I'm just predicting Nightmare to win since I want Wanderer to win a tourney match. Though the team does have a lot of top tier mons they can use to their advantage.

MowWing vs Pwnemon + Geodude6
Upset! These two are good fighters, and though Pwnemon is a thing, he's stated himself that he's just gonna control Geodude's Pokemon, which I'm hoping bites him in the rear. This is a tag team tournament dang it!

ZtFE vs The Polar Express
Both teams are pretty competent, but Flame Emblem just doesn't have enough strong Pokemon or experience to get the job done I feel. Will probably root for both teams though.

i didn't get that alert ;n;

ricklan v Maxfish
I am renaming you Maxfish.
I can't see this going any other way, honestly.

#aopsgate v Team Bacon
Hell yes two of my favourite players in a team. I'm not sure AOPS and Tort are ready for this.

Eleetvator v waterkela
Let's all remember Leethoof is a very good Doubles player. Let's also remember he's partnered with Elevator Music.
This tourney better prepare themselves.

Jigsaw v GENGAR GANG
Oh boy. This is going to be a lot of fun. Avnomke is a very solid battler, who along with Gerard makes for a great team. Meanwhile, Engi and Zarator cover each other very well. I can't honestly throw the bone to anyone here.

Banhammer v. Eternalis Drifteris Cosmos
Only one thing to say here:

No seriously help

TBD v Bureaucratic Nightmare
Gold to john.

MowWing v Pwnedude6
Pwnemon to baby Geodude to victory.

ZtFE v Polar Express
Flame is a bit inexperienced and Frosty and J are solid battlers. Not sure if Zt can handle it with him.

Last edited:
I'm confident in df and maxim's ability to work together well beyond raids. Also df and maxim are both experienced and active battlers.

#aopsgate vs Team Bacon
Oh dear...

Eleetvator until we have a flash of insight for a real name vs The Crystal Warriors
Leet and Emma got the mons, and they got the skill. Leet isn't gonna john this one considering he's kinda running the whole thing. The only thing they might not have is teamwork but I'm confident in them.

Jigsaw vs GENGAR GANG
THE CURSE OF R1. Also Gerard is part of team Jigsaw so I'd be quite surprised if they didn't make semis.

Texas+IAR=GG. IAR is a good doubles player despite the fact that he never plays Doubles. I'd say the same about Texas but I have never seen him once play Doubles.

Gold is a solid battler (pun intended), no matter how much he johns all his flahses and stuff. The Wanderer, on the other hand, I haven't really seen in action that much. IDK, could turn out just about any way.

The fact that Pwne is controlling his whole team gives me hope, despite him being paired with Geodude. Geodude has a nice team though, which will help them quite a bit.

FlameEmblem I have not really seen in major battles, and being relatively new his team is at a disadvantage. However, Zt is good. But so are Frosty and Subway.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm confident in df and maxim's ability to work together well beyond raids. Also df and maxim are both experienced and active battlers.

#aopsgate vs Team Bacon
Oh dear...

Leet and Emma got the mons, and they got the skill. Leet isn't gonna john this one considering he's kinda running the whole thing. The only thing they might not have is teamwork but I'm confident in them.

Jigsaw vs GENGAR GANG
THE CURSE OF R1. Also Gerard is part of team Jigsaw so I'd be quite surprised if they didn't make semis.

Texas+IAR=GG. IAR is a good doubles player despite the fact that he never plays Doubles. I'd say the same about Texas but I have never seen him once play Doubles.

Gold is a solid battler (pun intended), no matter how much he johns all his flahses and stuff. The Wanderer, on the other hand, I haven't really seen in action that much. IDK, could turn out just about any way.

The fact that Pwne is controlling his whole team gives me hope, despite him being paired with Geodude. Geodude has a nice team though, which will help them quite a bit.

FlameEmblem I have not really seen in major battles, and being relatively new his team is at a disadvantage. However, Zt is good. But so are Frosty and Subway.
Given that I have a doubles gym challenge going on right now you haven't looked very hard

DF and Maxim know each other's teams very easily. Should be obvious here

#aopsgate vs Team Bacon
SUPER close match here, but id have to give the edge to aops+tort.

Another very close match, but id have to give the edge to Leet+Emma. Leet is a very experienced doubles player, albiet rusty. Emma is....well emma. WW and akela wont go down without a fight though.

Jigsaw vs GENGAR GANG
Jesus christ this will be close. Id give the edge to Gerard+avnomke, mostly because of gerard's terrifying reputation in doubles.

as much as id like to throw the underdog the win here, IAR+Texas form an insane duo and will be the team to watch this tourney.

hahahahaha...............our chances of victory is probably 5%

Have to go with mowing here. Mowtom has been proving himself to be very competant, and Gale is bringing in very good pokemon and is skilled himself

Giving edge to polar express. Flame Emblem might prove himself (herself? dunno) with this match, but it will be very tough against subway+frosty

Last edited:
Sorry Mulan and Rick, but these two know eachothers' pokemon too well to dismiss them regardless of mon matchups.

#aopsgate vs Team Bacon
AOPS and Tort are good, but I feel like Matezoide and Tavok will have the heart to win this one (also Banette does really well against pretty much all of #aopsgate's mons)

Emma is amazing at doubles and so is Leet, also, the heart and excitement leethoof is putting into this tourney cannot be overlooked.

Jigsaw vs GENGAR GANG
This will be the closest match this round IMO. I feel like solely based on team, the Gengar Gang should win this. But other factors such as Gerard's skill at doubles and Zarator's curse will swing it the other way.

I think that teams lean towards the Banhammer as well as skill. While Canis and ED are great players, I feel like they both don't know eachother's mons well enough to help eachother out as much.

While Gold and P2 are both good battlers with good mons and know eachother well it seems, I have to echo the concerns of DQ and give it to Rainman and the Wanderer, (Who even without DQ stand a very solid chance)

Even with DQ as a factor here, you can't ignore (one of) the best of the best, Mowtom and Gale both are strong, but I feel like Pwnemon is too good to overcome.

ZtFE
vs The Polar Express
It's good luck to do this, I promise.

am i allowed to do this? probably not, too bad i love this tournament so much i need predictions

I have super high hopes for Maxim+Dogfish this tournament, and fully believe that rockin raid synergy will carry over. Not to mention, they brought an amazing lineup, with tricksy doubles mons like Togekiss and almost-but-not-quite-Aerodactyl-from-5th-gen backed up by some signature gym hard-hitters Cyclohm, Mega-Kangha, and Eelektross. Don't underestimate Mulan and Rickheg, though, as Shockingly Normal has few options for Mulan's well-trained Lucario. Careful management of that (and whatever rickheg brings you are still on my angry list) could lead to an underdog victory.

#aopsgate vs Team Bacon
In what is going to be one of the closer matches of the round, it seems like both teams are completely unprepared for eachother, having very few direct counters among Pokemon. But, matezoide is my favorite user so goooo bacon! Snorlax, Mega-Aggron, Mega-Banette, and Krillowatt are all likely to be huge contenders in this battle. Watch this one!

Eleetvator until we have a flash of insight for a better name vs The Crystal Warriors
yaaaaaaay me and akela get to have a fight, even if there are bystanders. Good luck, you two!

Jigsaw vs GENGAR GANG
Oh dear. This is going to be some of the best doubles in ASB (don't let me down guys v_v ). Gerard, the nearly undefeated master of psyquic and dubs is paired with Avnomke's solid battling skills and variety of maxed mons. A lot of Gerard's scariness in his gym comes from the incredible synergy of having a bunch of psquic-types, but I have no doubt that skill exists no matter what mons he is using. Engineer Pikachu and Zarator are also extremely good battlers, and Zarator understands multi-battles very well from his position as raid overlord. Skillwise, I'd wager its a dead even match. However, GENGAR GANG's GENGAR and MISMAGIUS is going to be very difficult for the psychic/fairy lineup of Jigsaw to take on, even though Gerard has probably crushed a million Gengar with that terrifying Galladervoir combo. Also, avnomke better use smeargle because I am #hyped to see one in a real match! This is sooo excitiiiiiing!!!

Team Ban Hammer vs Cosmos
Texas and IAR have recently been getting into the swing of doubles after terrorizing singles forever. In fact, IAR's gym has been on and off doubles since its inception forever ago. In addition, they brought a very strong group of mons, including the fearsome Lou combo of Tomohawk + Togekiss, which can break though most of Cosmos offensively and trick their way around the rest. However, Mega-Tyranitar is the strongest thing in ASB statwise so some good support next to that might do Canis and Drifter well.

Rainman's undertrained mons maybe are just too big a handicap for BNightmare to overcome. Still, Cyclohm tears TBD apart, no matter how few moves it had. Keep that safe, and the battle may be won, but it is an uphill battle. P2X7 and Goid should be able to come up with a plan to squish it; they are both decent+ battlers. Wanderer has the best flavor though so he better not skip out and ruin the tournament for everyone.

Pwnemon is one of the best dubs players, and he has a veeeeery nice set of mons to work with. Gale's Krillowatt could be quite troublesome for his opponents, but some good ol' Pyroak can fix that real quick.

ZtFE vs Polar Express
wowu frosty and subwayj scare me. They have one of the strongest, most well-thought out teams in this tournament, and are both very good players. Frosty, especially, runs a multi-battle gym, so he has solid experience. But Galladervoir can beat any mons, so make Gerard proud, ZtFE!

Might as well give predictions.

15,262 Ricks vs Team Shockingly Normal:

While Maxim is not one of the best players, combined with the dreaded Dogfish44, Team Shockingly Normal has the advantage over Mulan and Rickheg. Mulan has been improving, yes, but I haven't seen Rickheg much recently, and Rickheg isn't extremely good to my knowledge. Mulan has been improving, but just not enough.

#aopsgate vs Team Bacon:

Now this is an even match in terms of skill. I think AOPSUser and Tortferngatr both have a slight type advantage here, but it could go either way. tavok and Matezoide cannot be counted out yet, though. Either way, this match is unlikely to end in a curb-stomp (I hope).

Eleetvator until we have a flash of insight for a real name vs The Crystal Warriors:

Leethoof and Elevator Music VS akela and Waterwarrior. While Leethoof can be a good battler, he has a bad reputation of being DQed (could be problems with his internet connection), leaving Elevator Music to either stand on his own two feet or get lucky with a late arrival to the tournement. On the opposite side, Waterwarrior battles often these days, so he has plenty of practice, but normally cannot match up against Elevator Music. However, he has an ally in akela, who, because of pushing half of ASB onwards on his own power alone, has powerful Pokémon. It will depend on if akela can get enough skill to use the power he gained to make sure Elevator Music falls. This match is the chance to take out one of the major powers of the tournement.

Jigsaw vs GENGAR GANG:

As much as I like Avnomke, he and Gerard up against two of the big names of ASB. The Gym Leaders of the Poison and Ghost types, Engineer Pikachu and zarator respectively, have powerful Pokémon, either maxed or near maxed. There is a small bright spot for Team Jigsaw, though: Engineer Pikachu hasn't been as present as he once was in ASB, and most of zarator's battles are gym battles with the ghost type. Regardless, Gerard specializes in doubles, so this might be closer than I think.

Team Banhammer vs Cosmos:

When I first saw the opponents: Oh Crap.
Not one, but two of the dreaded in ASB, Its_A_Random and Texas Cloverleaf. My partner says it best:
Only one thing to say here:

No seriously help

(Extra Space)
(Extra Space)
(Extra Space)
Where #aopsgate vs Team Bacon is the match where skill and power is the most even this round, this match is the one where skill and power are the most uneven. While I do not doubt my partner's skill, this team is so skilled that even if both of us were much better in skill ourselves, I would still hesitate to charge at these two.
Granted, considering team matchups, I think we still have a chance. A slim chance, but a chance nonetheless. We'll have to play VERY carefully, AND have luck on our side, or we'll lose that chance.
Welp, I'm off to sacrifice Goat a few times.

Team TBD vs Bureaucratic Nightmare:

Not too much to say here. One newcomer tied with one who typically focuses on stories, versus two with numbers that slip beneath my radar. I'm giving The Wanderer's team the slight edge, but this could go either way. Regardless, The Wanderer will have to pull most of the heavy lifting.

MowWing vs Pwnemon + Geodude6:

Pwnemon is becoming one of those in my mind that one needs to be aware of, and Geodude6 is nothing for a trainer like me to simply scoff at either. Mowtom and Gale Wing Srock need to tread carefully if they have a chance.

ZtFE vs The Polar Express:

Flame Emblem hasn't been around as long as Frosty and SubwayJ have. There is also the fact that Frosty is continually the leading trainer on badge count. ZhengTann is going to have an uphill battle.

This is my pick to win the whole thing let it be known

#aopsgate vs Team Bacon
#tavokhavoc

As long as leet doesn't DQ both of these guys are super good at doubles

Jigsaw vs GENGAR GANG
Cursed.

Tbh this team should mow down the entire bottom half of the bracket

...yeah?

Unless geodude dq's anyhow

choo choo

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ZtFE vs The Polar Express:
Well, This is a team effort. While I've seen peeps saying "Zt gonna fite uphill", seriosuly, give FE some credits man. Besides, my tourney record isn't exactly inspiring. Let's try to make turn the Express Sweaty, eh? :P

I am so sorry.

#aopsgate vs Team Bacon
This could go either way, but choice of pokemon seems to be in the former's favor.

Leethoof to john.

Jigsaw vs GENGAR GANG
This will be the match to watch.

Team Banhammer vs the first in a very long line of corpses
Who thought allowing IAR and Tex to join forces could possibly be a good idea?!

lolego

Mowtom's proven to be quite the beast, and if Gale can get past that Pyroak, his Krillowatt's going to be a huge problem.

Sorry Zheng, I kind of agree with the others on this one.

EQ spam with Dogfish bringing, Eel and Archeops... can be seen from a distance.

Luke, Kitsunoh from Mulan's team; whereas, Dusknoir and Gallade from Rickheg's team could be trouble for Team Shockingly Normal, but I am calling this battle 3-0 in favor of Team Shockingly Normal and could go for 4-0 if Mulan doesn't show his previous form.

Eleetvator until we have a flash of insight for a better name vs The Crystal Warriors

Leethoof vs Akela and Elevator Music vs Water Warrior... Hmm I would say 65:35 in favor of Eleetvator.
So lets roll on this one => Roll: 4673. [Elevator Music Sounds]

Calling the second toughest fight in this round as 2-0 in favor of Eleetvator and could be 3-0 if the Crystal Warriors are not shining.

#aopsgate vs Team Bacon

Alrighty... the third toughest battle to predict this round.

Tavok and Mat have the upper hand but the margin is so low that an Upset is on the cards.
I am calling this 1-0 in favor of Team Bacon, 3-0 if Tavok and Mat bring their best game and 2-0 if Tort and AOPS chill a little.
30% chance for an upset and lets roll for this one too... => Roll: 1167 [Upset]

Well it seems an upset is more than likely to happen. But I would still go with Tavok and Mat because YOLOLOL rocks.

Jigsaw vs GENGAR GANG

Rodan and Leonardo at the hands of Avnomke and Timmy and Katherine at the hands of Gerard has skill all over it. Yeah probably Timmy would follow Gerard more :P

Calling the toughest battle to call in this round as 1-0 in favor of Jigsaw with Fantine/Eponine standing the last ground against the Gengar Gang.

Team Ban Hammer vs Cosmos

[Destruction]^Destruction

How easily Team Ban Hammer would hammer through is the question here... I am calling 4-0 in favor of Team Ban Hammer.

Sorry Canis and ED, but these two are a power team and we should have had random teams IMO for the same reason ;_;

Well have fun and don't let them have the win too easily... Cheers

Very interesting teams and Pretty evenly matched as a whole, but Team TBD have the upper hand in terms of doubles team strength and Skill.

I am calling an Upset here as there is 50/50 chance that Gold will john...
Lets roll for that imo => Roll: 3973 [Won't John] darn...

Well regardless I am predicting my friend Rain to win this one.

Ha ha, the best man in competitive doubles; one who says I always underestimate him. Paired up with GeoDoublesDarkLord, despite me asking him not to, for the very same reason :P

as we said: we are in it, not to win it. So, lets have a good battle ~_~

ZtFE vs Polar Express

Frosty and SubwayJ, you have got to be kidding me... why didn't MowWing and ZtFE paired up to have a fair chance to both of us? lol...

Zheng and Flame Emblem have got a pretty solid team and could give them a tough fight... but unless SubwayJ and Frosty Mega Choke which is like 1/10000th a chance... I am calling this 3-0 in favor of the Polar Express.
With Gardevoir - Gallade and Aegislash - Starmie combo... ZtFE could bring it down to a 2-0 Loss, but can't go beyond that against this duo.

Stallord the Aerodactyl and Alpha the Krilowatt are the mons to watchout for ZtFE's team.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Not gonna predict (here), just a question for Avnomke and Leethoof :

How will be the order of operations on the battle? For me it isn't really clear. Who goes first? And who goes after that? And after each reffing?

I haven't found any rule about that on the Handbook or the Battle Tower (there is one regarding switch phase actually, but it is kind incomplete). And the very few tag team battles I've reffed had different orders of operations iirc.

Also stating how switch phase and the such will be handled is nice. Even if it is just to make stuff clearer.

Frosty, it is the same thing as doubles.

And the order doesn't matter between the players from the same team.

Toss for the team that would send out first and then the standard doubles rules.

Frosty

=_=
I have seen tag team battles being person from one team -> person from other team -> other person from one team -> other person from other team or Person from team 1->person from team 2->person from team 2->person from team 1, in order to decrease last-to-order advantage, which is HUGE in doubles. That is why I asked that. It is not that simple or that estabilished.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
As per usual, basing this solely off of player skill because I'm too lazy to look at teams. Also as per usual, not predicting dqs. Also as per usual, i'm not afraid of sounding like a complete dick:

Maxim and Dogfish vs Rickheg and Mulan

not much to say here. dogfish is really good as long as he ghosts maxim they're guaranteed to win against a squad as good as mulan's

AOPS and Tort vs Matezoide and tavok

tort > mat, as long as aops is humble enough to get ghosted. risk of DQ is very real though.

em and leet vs akela and ww

If you don't think leethoof is one of the best doubles players in asb then you should probably just shut the fuck up because you've clearly never once seen him battle and instead are just basing your prediction on hearsay. between the two of them, if they actually plan out their orders, i expect their first orders to be airtight and their second orders to absolutely maximize punishment. even a giant ego as myself would only give my team like 20/80 odds vs this. the only hope for this tour is an upset or a DQ. That being said,
AOPSUser said:
Leet isn't gonna john this one considering he's kinda running the whole thing.
dont get ahead of yourself buddy

avnomke and gerard vs zarator and engi

easily the best match of the entire first round. gerard is kind of shit in singles, but extremely good in doubles, and i don't know how i feel about zarator in doubles. engi did really well in team tournament triples but that was just spamming rock slide so idk. hard to call unlike the rest of these.

Texas and IAR vs ED and Canis

I think texas and IAR are shockingly overrated in this tournament. I also think theyre guaranteed to make semis because their bracket is a fucking joke.

P2X7 and Gold vs Wanderer and Rainman Legends

I'll be honest, I don't know how most of these people are. But i've always been unimpressed by Wanderer's playing whereas the other three are total unknowns, and i'll take two unknowns over a known bad. also i think rainman is the newest one here.

gale and mowtom vs me and geodude

sorry maxim, ghosting is a smogon tradition

zt and flame emblem vs frosty and subwayj

MOTHERFUCK i have face frosty next round? so soon already

Last edited:
ATTN: Avnomke and Gale Wing Srock have switched battles they are reffing as per request by gale.

Also, we will be having these battles structured like a regular double battle, except as if each battler is split into two. IE, both members of team 1 send out, then both members of team 2 sendout and order, then both members of team 1 order. Sendout is determined by coin toss.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory

The former has shit synergy but to their credit, the latter cannot take full advantage of the mono-steel line-up that Mulan brought. As long as Maxim does not panic they should breeze through.

#aopsgate vs Team Bacon

Cannot really call this one decisive but yeah the DQ risk is real here. On paper Matezoide and tavok are better though.

It will be closer than expected but these two can actually play doubles lol.

Jigsaw vs GENGAR GANG

The latter will be hampered by communication issues and that will probably be the difference here.

Good luck ._.

The former is better than you think hahaha as long as they do not keep cutting it fine for DQ.

The former would have to rely on DQ or Geodude being Smogon banned (which could happen) to have a chance of winning.

The latter has far better synergy and should coast through this round.

=====

Also Gale is a chicken for backing out of my match and leaving us with Avnomke.

The former would have to rely on DQ or Geodude being Smogon banned (which could happen) to have a chance of winning.

=====

Also Gale is a chicken for backing out of my match and leaving us with Avnomke.
If what you said would happen, will show you what kind of a bird I am :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)