ASBuddies Tournament - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay now that a certain few people are done johning we can get the next round started, hopefully with more fast posting and such!

~ASBuddies Tournament!~
Battle Rules:
B3P2+B3P2 vs. B3P2+B3P2 Tag Team Doubles
DQ=4 Days, 2 Months per battle
Items=OK
Switch=OK
Abilities=All
Megas=1 per team
Chills/Recovers=5/2
Subs=3
Arena=ASB arena

Bracket:
http://challonge.com/ASBuddies

Teams:
Frosty:
Stallord the Aerodactyl
Zant the Sableye
Hilda the Gardevoir
Rosso the Infernape

Deadfox081:
Dracor the Dragonite
Splat the Aggron
Glow the Lucario
Woosh the Tomohawk
Leethoof:
Tulowitzki the Aerodactyl
Siddhartha the Musharna
Boggle the Toxicroak
Helton the Rhyperior

Elevator Music:
Bronzong
Sableye
Mr. Mime
Heracross
Tavok:
Gambo the Snorlax
Lira the Aromatisse
Stalker the Kitsunoh
Bastion the Lucario
Matezoide:
Steve the extremely normal Primeape
Chuck the Banette
Bosco the Muk
Trent the Greninja
S0L1D G0LD:
Dominic the Lucario
Kryllowatt the Krilowatt
Sui-Ren the Greninja
Prescott the Slowking

P2X7:
Saber the Tomohawk
Guinevere the Gardevoir
Vol the Togekiss
Cerdic the Aerodactyl

Referees:
Team Bacon vs Eleetvator until we have a flash of insight for a real name - Avnomke
Team TBD vs Team deadFrost - Gale Wing Srock

Alrighty then, battlers - PM your teams (3 of each of your mons) to your referee. Everybody can make some friendly predictions in this thread, as well. Have fun, and stay within DQ!

Frosty Leethoof Elevator Music tavok MatezoideS0L1D G0LD P2X7 deadfox081 Gale Wing Srock

Avnomke & Leethoof,

Guys, can we have a more lenient first order DQ? Like, folks have one extra warning for when they go over DQ while ordering first? Coz its the semis ^_^

Edit: I know you guys are cool with DQ. But just saying because ordering first in a doubles battle is kinda more difficult, idk probably I am not considering how long the battles would take.

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Avnomke and Leethoof, I swear I will murder you and your coin. I got the pleasure of ordering first on all rounds thus far, and I gotta say it: it was no walk in the park. While this round already started and I am already screwed, I seriously hope you have some measure to mitigate the power of the coinflip for the finals. If the outcome of this tourney is decided on who gets heads, I will be really pissed, k?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
As if this tournament has had enough troubles getting rounds to finish in three months... :|

(Not a potshot at the hosts, but asking to be more lenient when there are activity issues is kinda silly)

Also funnily enough, only five out of twelve matches have been won by the team that sends out first and orders second so far. Not that this says anything, but...

*Putting this info for reference

Round 1:

First Order:
Team aopsgate vs Team Bacon - Team Bacon ordered first and won
Team Eleetvator vs The Crystal Warriors - Team Eleetvator ordered first and won
Team Jigsaw vs Team GENGAR GANG - Gengar Gang ordered first and won
Team TBD vs Bureaucratic Nightmare - Team TBD ordered first and won
Team MowWing vs Team Pwnemon + Geodude6 - Team MowWing ordered first and won
Team ZtFE vs The Polar Express - The Polar Express ordered first and won

Second Order:
Team Ban Hammer vs Team Cosmos - Team Ban Hammer ordered second and won
Team 15262 Ricks vs Team Shockingly Normal - Team Shockingly Normal ordered second and won

Round 2:

First Order:
Team MowWing vs Team deadFrost - Team deadFrost ordered first and won

Second Order:
Team Shockingly Normal vs Team Bacon - Team Bacon ordered second and won
Team Ban Hammer vs Team TBD - Team TBD ordered second and won
Team Eleetvator vs Team Gengar Gang - Team Eleetvator ordered second and won

----------​

I guess the order matters a lot as the competition gets tougher. The only solution I see is a two battle final, with each team getting first order once. But I know that it is not feasible.

Frosty

=_=
If both matches start at the exact same time and good tiebreaker rules are put then it is certainly feasible. As far as refs and that shit goes, this tourney didn't demand much, so it can be arranged.

The four day DQ was meant to help you organize with your partner, especially when ordering first .-.

And besides, about half the matches have been won by the team that ordered first r1, so I don't see the point tbh.

Frosty

=_=
Most battles on first round had big gaps in skills (or big derps in pwnedude's case). The only matches where you could have a point are gengar gang vs jigsaw and mowwing vs deadfrost.

If you want to take the risk, go ahead. Just putting on record that if coinflips end up being a deciding factor, I will probably shut down doubles from tourneys, or force nerfs. Stating this now so people don't say I did due to being butthurt or whatever.

Guys, I was wondering if more pokemon would solve the diff between first order and second order for this tourney?
Like if Finals and Third Place battles were 4 pokemon per player instead of Bring 3 and Play 2? Since more pokemon would mean that folks wouldn't lose half their side on a single order and even if a team starts with first order they would have an equal number of second orders to counter play?

I still feel that a two battle final with a decent tie breaker would be cool as Frosty had put it, but if we could avoid two more battles by making the finals a bring all battle then we could think on those lines.

Last edited:
I hope you mean bring 4 play 3, because 4 mons per player being sent out would be an 8v8 doubles and that would take forever and ever.

I really like the idea of two battles at a time if we really think something must be done about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)