1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer (Mark 1)

Discussion in 'Little Cup' started by Seven Deadly Sins, Sep 7, 2009.

1. dr00

dr00

riolu only gets aura sphere at lv. 30 though, so it's illegal for LC (unless i'm wrong. the almia riolu is the only one i know of)
  2. Lucalibur

Lucalibur

well, this make shit even worst then.

does anyone know if there is any other riolu that get a legal aura sphere?
  3. little gk

little gk <Birkal> I will quit everything I do on smogon
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Just to quote Wild Eep, Aura Sphere won't work

4. StealthX

StealthX

Well, there IS Focus Blast. Not that 70% accuracy is great, but on a gravity team it might work. Honestly though, the only other special type moves riolu can get are Hidden Power and Vacuum Wave. It isn't really a special sweep (as if you guys didn't know that already)

Bulbasaur might work though. I can think of a cool set:

Bulbasaur@ Oran Berry/Life Orb/Peyata Berry - Modest

Substitute
    Energy Ball/ Leaf Storm
    Sludge Bomb
    Hidden Power [FIRE]/ Hidden Power [ICE]

this would be a pretty cool special sweeper. Substitute blocks status, and if you run Peyate Berry you can use it to activate it. Sludge Bomb is for you main STAB. Leaf Storm would be a lot more powerful, but you shouldn't run it alongside Peyate. Hidden power type varies depending on your team.
  5. Rolf

Rolf

There's not really much status in LC, although I guess if you're fighting EoStall or something then it could be worth it. Substitute is fun for going into Overgrow though :) The other problem is it's kind of slow and not really that powerful. Things like Carvanha can use that turn with Substitute to a much greater extent then Bulbasaur can. I guess if you really need the grass type or you're too lazy to change pokemon on shoddy then bulba will do.
  6. StealthX

StealthX

Haha, I forgot, lol. Bulbasaur isn't good, I was just saying it because someone (Maria?) was talking about it.
  7. Destiny Warrior

Destiny Warrior also known as Darkwing_Duck
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I'd just like to say, Sub + boosting Berry isn't very viable in a metagame where close to everybody and their mother run ample amounts of priority.
  8. Banryu

Banryu

First of all....
    This.

Secondly, Bulbasaur has Sleep Powder. :0 Why wouldn't you be running that? It's like, one of the main reasons you'd want to use him. Kind of strange that that's not on the set anywhere.... replace Sub with Sleep Powder and Bulbasaur begins to look alright.
  9. Terminator

Terminator

Can anyone give me a list of Little Cup Pokémon? I searched and could not find one.

thanks in advance
  10. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

11. Sy123

Sy123

Are you allowed to post RMTs here?
  12. Dubulous

Dubulous I look just like Buddy Holly.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Post Little Cup RMTs in the Other Teams section of the Rate My Team forum.
  13. Miria

Miria

How would you guys advice me to EV my Nidoran couple? They're both hasty.. I figured I could possibly use them as mixed attackers with such a move pool! I know they're not the best and all, but they're so cute! ^^ 31 all IV's on both..
  14. dr00

dr00

how does wynaut get tickle?
  15. Dracoyoshi8

Dracoyoshi8 weapon of mass seduction
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Nidoran-M, from my experience, is best used as a Choice Scarf user. I would recommend to following spread and moveset:
    - 220 Atk / 36 SpA / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
    - Poison Jab / Ice Beam / Sucker Punch / Thunderbolt

The spread allows you to reach 22 Speed with Choice Scarf, and in turn outspeed 14 Speed Scarfers who only reach 21 Speed. Poison Jab are the Nido's strongest physical STAB. Ice Beam is for Ground-types and Gligar and Sucker Punch for priority. The last moveslot is filler, I put in Thunderbolt for Mantyke and Kabuto, but you can use whatever you want. You can also use Life Orb on this set, since Sucker Punch somewhat helps with Speed.

Nidoran-F would probably function better as a tank, especially considering defensive Poison-types are pretty good in the current metagame. (Grimer, Koffing, etc.) But since it is Hasty, a Mixed Attacker is probably your best option. Here's what I recommend:
    - 220 Atk / 36 SpA / 36 SpD / 188 Spe
    - Poison Jab / Shadow Claw / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt

Very similar to Nidoran-m. The only difference is I'm unsure if Nidoran-f gets Sucker Punch, so Shadow Claw is an option over that to hit Ghosts. Also, Nidoran-f only hits 21 Speed with Choice Scarf :[ If you bred Crunch onto Nidoran-f, use that over Shadow Claw.

Hope I helped.
  16. Dubulous

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Wynaut receives Tickle by way of a PokePark event from Gen III. He was received as an egg, so Wynaut is not restricted in using it because of the Pomeg glitch.
  17. froggrunner

froggrunner

Just wondering, I was looking at Zigzagoon's Analysis for Belly Drum Sweeper. How do you get an E-speed belly Drum Zigzagoon? Isn't E-speed only from Pokemon Box and non-breedable?
  18. dr00

dr00

ah, well i am planning to breed a wynaut in DPPtHGSS. i'll just go with charm i suppose instead. cheers.
  19. MegaKick

MegaKick

But the egg hatches at level 5, so if you use the pomeg glitch, it will hatched all ev trained at level five. However, this means it can only have pickup, so e-speed + belly drum + gluttony is illegal on zigzagoon.
  20. froggrunner

froggrunner

Ah, alright. Thanks.
  21. Dubulous

MegaKick is right about the move-legality on Zigzagoon, but it should be noted that EVs gained through use of the Pomeg glitch are lost when the egg hatches.

The effect remains the same on the simulator because of the Box Trick, but if you are planning on using the Pomeg glitch for WiFi play you need to remember to EV after hatching the egg.
  22. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

On a related note, is it actually possible to fully EV a Zigzagoon without levelling up?
  23. Youngster_Joey

Youngster_Joey

I don't understand the ban-list at all. What makes Misdrevous, Yanma, and Tangela warrent a ban from the Little Cup?
  24. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

@Ice Eyes: Yes, it is possible to fully EV train any Pokemon with any spread before it levels up from 5 to 6. It's close, but a year ago or so I went through and checked the worst case scenario. Not sure if it is possible without trading to gen 4 for power items.

@Youngster Joey: Each of them is particularly powerful it it's own way, Yanma for example has speed boost and hypnosis combined with good all round stats. Tangela is extremely hard to beat under the sun thanks to high special attack and solid defenses. Missy has several highly effective movesets, each of which threatens to sweep your team and requires different counters.
  25. The Pokemon Pimp

The Pokemon Pimp

If you'd like a more detailed explanation on other banned ones too there's a good one on the previous page if I recall correctly.

Just out of curiosity, when did Little Cup start to be a metagame? I cannot remember...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)