1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer (Mark 1)

Discussion in 'Little Cup' started by Seven Deadly Sins, Sep 7, 2009.

1. kokoloko

kokoloko supersmooth
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

I really want to get into LC, it seems like such a fun metagame. However, I don't really know how to start, any tips (besides the obvious "read the guide, make a team and go ladder")?
  2. Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin

Thanks a bunch!
  3. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

Steal a good team. It's a great way to get into the swing of LC and understand the tier.
  4. dr00

dr00

just to clarify, you only need one exp share. any more has no effect on your LC pokemon's experience.
    if you're really worried about getting too much experience, switch in all of your remaining pokemon.

i only suggest this if you mess up and have to retrain at lv. 5 or something. you should be totally fine though, even ev training gen III eggs that start at lv. 5 with just one exp. share and switching in one pokemon to kill magikarp.
  5. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I wrote a full guide which can be found here.
  6. StealthX

StealthX

Is there a reason why June/July's Little Cup usuage stats have not been posted? (I know doug is busy, I just am curious why nobody has posted them, considering that both of those months are already over)
  7. Dubulous

Dubulous I look just like Buddy Holly.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

You've answered your own question already.

Doug owns the CAP server, and AFAIK no one else is an administrator there. As such, Doug is the only one who can post the stats, and he will post them whenever he can find the time.

Just be patient.
  8. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

In the meantime, you might as well take a look at the Pokemon Online stats, which admittedly aren't great but at least they're something.
  9. Nails

Nails EAST 2014
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

wtf is up with the usage stats on pokemon online? Fully evolveds are used in lc... someone used an Arceus in a lc battle...
  10. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

11. EXIE

EXIE

i saw that Staryu has Hydro Pump listed in its movesets, but how is this possible when genderless pokes can't inherit moves?
  12. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

The Pomeg Glitch is a glitch in Pokemon Emerald which allows genderless Gen I-III pokes to get Gen III level-up moves.
  13. 1745

what level do u fight pokemon in little cup?
  14. Sledge

Sledge

All little cup matches are at level 5
  15. 1745

k thanks
  16. DetroitLolcat

DetroitLolcat Maize And Blue Badge Set :)
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

How often does the LC OU list change?
  17. Kannon

Kannon

Once every two months, as per DougJustDoug releasing the stats for the LC ladder, although most pokemon in LC OU are usually still in LC OU when the next set of stats comes out.
  18. felix

felix

How important are IVs at level 5? Do they make much of a difference stat-wise?
  19. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

IVs have a difference of 1-2 points (0-31) at level 5. Several Pokemon, such as Croagunk, Elekid, and some Houndour use 0 HP as an IV to reduce their HP to 19 (and therefore only take 1 damage from Life Orb).
  20. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Contributor to Smogon Social Mediais a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

To add onto iss's answer, if you are using a Hidden Power which reduces a key stat (HP Fire/Ground/Fighting generally), you need to add 4 EVs to your EV total for that stat to get the full boost in "actual stat". To illustrate, say you have a Gastly with HP Fighting. The IVs for Speed and Special Attack are reduced to 30. Normally you would use 236 EVs in each to maximize them, however, you would have to use 240 EVs in each because of the IV drop.
  21. Pokemon?

Pokemon?

Just wondering why in the illegal movesets it has things like counter + firefang for Charmander? when you can easily get both on the same pokemon...or has it just not had the new HG/SS egg moves added to it?
  22. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Those are not a main priority for Little Cup or Wild Eep right now. Counter + Fire Fang Charmander is legal now (you'd have to get Counter --> breed Counter on to Charmander--> level it up to 25-->breed onto Charmander.) They probably will be updated sometime, it's just that Eep hasn't gotten around to it.
  23. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Since the Little Cup EV spreads don't total up to 510 (or 508, for that matter), does this mean that there is some leeway as to IVs? To clarify, could you end up with the same stats of a 31/31/31/31/31/31 IV spread if you had less-than-perfect IVs but invested more EVs in the stats that had imperfect IVs since there are "leftover" EVs from the spreads?

Also, is there any "uber" version of the Little Cup where you can use banned Pokémon like Scyther, Misdreavus, Deepseatooth Clamperl, etc.?

Thanks!
  24. little gk

little gk <Birkal> I will quit everything I do on smogon
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

For one, not every set in Little Cup goes below the EV limit, for example someone maxing out two stats that end in three would end up with 510 EVs. Of course, it is possible to cover up imperfect IVs, though I assume anything other than stats ending in 1 or 2 wouldn't be worth it.

There's no set place to play LC Ubers, though there are a number of users with teams!
  25. Showsni

Showsni

Actually, Pokémon Online's beta server does have a Little Cup Ubers ladder, though I don't know what rules they enforce (or if anyone is ever on it).

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)