1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer (Mark 1)

Discussion in 'Little Cup' started by Seven Deadly Sins, Sep 7, 2009.

1. SuperSimon

SuperSimon

So I just made my first LC team and I have encountered a problem. I can not get Head Smash on my Phanphy or Sucker Punch on my Stunky. In the usage stats both pokemon use these attacks so I am assuming they are legal. the moves just dont show up in the move list.

Proof:
    [​IMG]
  2. little gk

little gk <Birkal> I will quit everything I do on smogon
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

you may need to re download shoddy, both moves are on the program for each pokemon.
  3. symphonyx64

symphonyx64 Private messages are the best way to reach me
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Make sure you are logged into the server that allows those moves. Once you are logged in, the moves should show up if you use the team builder from within the server.
  4. supermarth64

supermarth64 Here I stand in the light of day
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Actually no. When you click New Team, make sure you select Smogon University (or CAP Server) from the servers list. If you choose Standard Metagame, it won't work because it doesn't have the new moves.

Also, if you edit an old team from before HGSS, it won't have the new moves either, so you'd have to recreate the team.
  5. Little Battler

Little Battler

Can i ask for your opinions on scarf pichu? obviously the one using volt tackle running adamant nature.
  6. Rolf

Rolf

Pichu doesn't get a boost from the Light Ball, only Pikachu does. Volt Tackles off of 14 attack really aren't that scary. Free Chinchou switch if anything.
  7. Little Battler

Little Battler

I said I'm using choice scarf
    the point is to surprise the enemy by doing a quick volt tackle off that 14 attack, mostly used to revenge kill since a 120 power STAB is still a 120 power STAB, even if it's launched off a measly 14 attack.
    And yes, I overlooked chinchou. thanks for that one.
  8. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Pichu is really bad, to tell the truth. There are many better scarfers out there.
  9. Little Battler

Little Battler

yes it is. but it's cute :D

next! which is better, houndour or carvanha?
  10. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

It depends what role you want them to play. Houndour is a great Scarfer, as well as being able to rip teams apart with LO Fire Blast and Dark Pulse. Carvanha is an excellent Substitute user, as a simple set of Sub/Aqua Jet/Crunch/Zen Headbutt allows it to OHKO Ghosts with Crunch, 2HKO Gligar with Aqua Jet, and OHKO Croagunk (its' supposedly "perfect" counter because STAB VWave OHKOs, but with Sub that is useless) with ZHB.
  11. Little Battler

Little Battler

ah... that explains why my scarvanha didn't do so well. thanks!
    that also explains why my nasty plot hound also didn't do any better :P
  12. maniac200

maniac200

Is there a RMT section for little cup?
  13. Blackhawk11

Blackhawk11 one on one

Just post your LC RMT in the "other teams" section of the regular RMT forum
  14. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Kind of a broad question but, how different would the game be if it was played at level 100 instead of level 5? Would the top pokemon be exactly the same in all odds?
  15. Heysup

Heysup Monsters are dangerous and kings are dying like flies.
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Obviously this is pure theory, but I do think there would be some changes at lvl 100.

Firstly, I think the metagame would be changed by many Pokemon's legality issues being removed. This means you can have a Download + Tri Attack + Agility Porygon, a Hypnosis Bronzor, and the like.

This also messes with the Little Cup mons stats, since the + nature Pokemon will not all be increasing by the same number (almost always 1).

Perhaps the biggest change would be that the base 80 Speed mons would outpace the base 75 Speed mons, the base 100 mons would outpace the base 95 mons, and so on etc. This would probably at least triple (probably more) the amount of Speed tiers we would have.

This means Pokemon like Elekid wouldn't be as effective as they usually are.

That's all I can say as a "simple answer".
  16. maniac200

maniac200

I'm looking into getting into little cup, where can I learn about what pokemon/movesets to use, as well as other basic things about it? There doesn't seem to be any guide to it.
  17. macle

macle ribbit
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

18. Engineer Pikachu

Engineer Pikachu Good morning, you bastards!
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Also, there's a forum for Little Cup, but it's pretty much dead. It has good sets, though.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/The_Little_Cup_Forum/index/
  19. symphonyx64

symphonyx64 Private messages are the best way to reach me
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

If you're already logged into Smogon University or CAP, you don't have to select a server whatsoever when creating a team.
  20. Heysup

Heysup Monsters are dangerous and kings are dying like flies.
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

As Macle said, check out the article on-site. Additionally, there is a threat list and many analyses that are almost done (the sets are usually perfectly fine to take) in the Little Cup analysis workshop (look in the contributions and corrections forum). There is also a Little Cup stark forum if you like.

The info is all there, you just need to find it :)
  21. Ferrouswheel

Ferrouswheel

Is the move dragon rage banned? And if it isn't shouldn't it be?
  22. Sledge

Sledge

The move dragon rage is banned along with the move sonicboom
  23. Skymin_Flower

Skymin_Flower It's Seed Flare time.

Is there a tutoring program for LC? If not, is there anyone willing to tutor me?
  24. HATrick

HATrick

There is no tutoring for Little Cup, but that is an interesting idea. Maybe when more players get into the metagame, we'll have a nice tutoring program at our hands.
  25. Skymin_Flower

Skymin_Flower It's Seed Flare time.

Yes but I was wondering if one of the more experienced players would be willing to tutor me.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)