Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer

The best (legal) way to do it is litterary route 1. get some power Items and level the stats up by 4 each. The fun thing about LC is often times your stat spread is much more varried so you have less matches per stat to fight. You also have *SOOO* much room for errors as far as EV's are concerned. The EXP share thing is a cool idea; i never thought of it. I personally just Medicate to 100 (or whatever I need it) in the big stats and then try and fit as many low level fights in with the power items as possible. Whore out wings for the remainder. I bring my Gameboy with my to school specifically to grind the bridge - you need a lot (they're only 1 per)

Its also worth stating that wings are best used for stats that require like 4 - 36 EV's. 36 wings is a lot to grind, yeah - bot you only have 5 levels to sneak in your EV's.

But yeah; the best way to go about it would definitely be to get as many ev's as possible before you start getting EXP.

going along with this: does the Pomeg Berry glitch of Gen III apply EV's gained during the duration?

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Honestly, if you're going to do in-game LC, you should probably use Wings and an AR. Yes, it was possible in Gen IV to do it manually with Pokerus, Power Items, EXP Share, and low level Magikarp, but you really should be using Wings.

(It's pretty difficult to get an in-game LC battle anyways, probably not worth trying.)

The Little Cup playerbase is rather small. However, if you want to find a battle for sure, hop on IRC and join #littlecup. You can ask one of the regulars for a battle.

The Little Cup playerbase is rather small. However, if you want to find a battle for sure, hop on IRC and join #littlecup. You can ask one of the regulars for a battle.
This. I know their are bunch of people who play LC Wifi; but they more often then not just pokesav their mons. I have a LC team on consol though, the pokemon club at school plays wif me :3

Because they are way too powerful for the metagame. Scyther for example can 2HKO roughly the entire metagame combined with being roughly unable to be OHKOd. As this leads to major balanced issues, they got banned.

Because they are way too powerful for the metagame. Scyther for example can 2HKO roughly the entire metagame combined with being roughly unable to be OHKOd. As this leads to major balanced issues, they got banned.
No, they're removed from the banlist

And I saw their analysis in LC analysis forum too.

Actually, what happened? They considered as fine pokemon now?

Murkrow, Misdreavus, and Gligar have all been unbanned for the reason that the mods thought that we were too hasty in banning them the first time, and thus they are being retested, though I think a lot of us are begining to "re-see" why they were banned...

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

The council decided to unban Murkrow, Misdreavus, and Gligar.

Murkrow, Misdreavus, and Gligar have all been unbanned for the reason that the mods thought that we were too hasty in banning them the first time, and thus they are being retested, though I think a lot of us are begining to "re-see" why they were banned...
If by the mods you mean the council, then sure. I'm actually curious as to why you think any of them are actually broken, they all fit into the metagame and balance it very well... each Pokemon has good checks and each individual set has hard counters. In a metagame as small as LC, if something has hard counters, it is very likely it is not broken. I'm curious, what about them is broken?

iss

let's play bw lc!
I agree with everything Ray Jay said, but this probably isn't the right place to discuss it.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Guys, I can't get onto #littlecup on IRC. I never registered a nick and didn't have a problem before, but now it's says
477: | [0] corkscrew, [1] #littlecup, [2] You need a registered nick to join that channel.
I can't work out how to register one, when I tried it came up with:
#littlecup: Could not resolve hostname.
Anyone know what I have to do?

(Also, I can connect to #pokemon and #smogon fine, it's just #littlecup)

Guys, I can't get onto #littlecup on IRC. I never registered a nick and didn't have a problem before, but now it's says

I can't work out how to register one, when I tried it came up with:

Anyone know what I have to do?

(Also, I can connect to #pokemon and #smogon fine, it's just #littlecup)
some guy set a mode that only allows users with registered nicks to join the channel. register your name i guess, /ns register password email

Still looking for an answer or confirmation
No, the only things kept after you hatch the egg are the moves learned and if the Pokemon evolved it would hatch evolved. I've so far bred a Staryu and a Porygon on my Emerald cart and used the Pomeg glitch so I can confirm this. It just takes super long to level up the egg (unless you can do secret base battles!), so if you plan to use the glitch I strongly suggest using secret base battles. :)

Just to clarify something, if attach an eviolite to something with an odd number in defenses, say 11, would the multiplier increase it to 16 by rounding down the 0.5 or rounding up to 17? I'm guessing it would be logical to round up as that's what you would do in all maths, but I would just like to clarify.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just to clarify something, if attach an eviolite to something with an odd number in defenses, say 11, would the multiplier increase it to 16 by rounding down the 0.5 or rounding up to 17? I'm guessing it would be logical to round up as that's what you would do in all maths, but I would just like to clarify.
In Pokemon everything is rounded down. Thus, if 36 Def EVs Croagunk is attached with Eviolite, it's Defense will become 16. Same thing happens with Scraggy; when it's carrying an Eviolite it's Special Defense jumps from 13 to 19.

EDIT (Elevator Music): everything except hp recovery is rounded down! didnt feel like wasting a post to clarify so whatever

iss

let's play bw lc!
No. Research Week hosts are handpicked. Talk to Ray Jay about it if you want to host.

If one wanted to get into Little Cup and get a feel for it, is there a sort of 'Beginner-Friendly' team they might use until they get a grasp on the concepts and start building their own team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)