1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer

Discussion in 'BW LC' started by Dubulous, Jan 28, 2011.

1. blarajan

blarajan holla ladies #£14000 #bling #sparkle #bitchesonmydick
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

There are no premade teams for you to use. However, you can always hop on server or irc, and people will be happy to help you build a team, or even lend you one.
  2. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude Different breed imo
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor

If a prority moves is used e.i aqua jet quick attack would it hit before sucker punch?
  3. blarajan

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

If you are faster than the person using Sucker Punch, then your priority move would work and Sucker Punch would fail. If you're slower, Sucker Punch would hit you and then your Aqua Jet or Quick Attack would work.
  4. dinosaurdan

dinosaurdan

I want to try little cup, how do I start? Are there any suggestions for starting?
  5. Ray Jay

Ray Jay "The sky's the limit, okey-dokey!"
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, battling 101! With our tutoring system, you can sign up to be tutored in LC for Round 63!
  6. Danilo

Danilo
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

the best way to learn a team is to play it, especially since the next b101 round doesn't go up for another 2 or three weeks. I would go to the RMT Forum, take a team, and play around on the ladder to get a feel for the meta.
  7. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

The problem is that most of the LC teams posted to the RMT forum are either terrible or outdated by the time they are RMT'd.
  8. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Another option is to come on IRC and ask for help! I'm probably supposed to direct you to #pokemon, but realistically you'll get more help in #littlecup. I suppose the users who can help you will be in both channels, so either works. You can find guides onsite for how to download and use IRC if you don't know how. :)
  9. DustinR

DustinR

ok i have done my fair share of surfing the net and the forums on here but i can't seem to find any mention how mienfoo acquires Hi Jump Kick at such a low level?
  10. Trakyan

Trakyan

Its by breeding, when two pokemon of the same species breed(i.e, a combo of mienfoo and mienshao in this case) and booth know the same move (High Jump Kick in this case), their offspring(a mienfoo) will know the move upon hatching if it is able to learn it by level up.
  11. DustinR

DustinR

thank you very much.
  12. Chaos Wolf

Chaos Wolf

Ignoring the Implications of what it'd do to the Eeveelution's movesets, How would an Eevee with the following moveset do theoretically.

Eevee @ Salac Berry
    Adaptability
    Modest/Timid

Conversion
    Fire Blast
    Hydro Pump
    Thunder

Obvious plan is Conversion, bank on taking 2/3's of Eevee's health out, and then start rapid-firing the corresponding elemental move. Is there any competitive use to it or would it be purely novelty? I'd inquire as to what that'd do to the Evolutions too, but such is a question for another thread...

Actually, given it's Sp.Attack is Weaker than it's Attack, perhaps Flare Blitz/Aqua Tail/Volt Tackle? Swapping the nature and EVs to match of course.
  13. prem

prem failed abortion
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

that is pure novelty cause conversion isnt very reliable and id much rather just spam returns because that would actually kill shit
  14. Heysup

Heysup Monsters are dangerous and kings are dying like flies.
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

If you switch into Stealth Rock then conversion I guess that would work, but there are better things to spam those high powered moves even with adaptability.
  15. Trakyan

Trakyan

I dont see the point in discussing hypothetical learnsets, however i cann tell you it wont be doing to well due to the low accuracy of all its moves, no STAB and coversions unreliablilty(it changes the users type to the last move to hit it,right?).
    And recoil moves(volt tackle) and pinch berries dont mix the way i see it, you get your pinch berry to work and then die on the same turn.
  16. Ray Jay

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

17. Gengan

Gengan

Where can I sign up for the LC Grand Slam Tournament? Or have all the competitors been chosen?
  18. Al_Alchemist

Al_Alchemist Physics and Math \O/
    is a SPL Winner

19. Shinji Mimura

Shinji Mimura

Have you all ever considered running a LC league that permits the use of low-stats Pokemon such as Farfetch'd or Luvdisc?
  20. Ray Jay

Teambats are currently on hiatus, but we've done this before in teambats, with things such as Rotom cup, or my personal favorite, "HOLD THE PHIONE~". Basically, it actually can get pretty balanced since these pokes don't get Eviolite. Keep your eye out for teambats when they start back up again!
  21. viashinomage

viashinomage

Speaking of Teambats: whens the estimated relaunch time
  22. blarajan

When interest rekindles and when the hosts come back from vacation.
  23. Espo

Espo

Is there a guide to how EVs work in LC? Instead of just copying them off the Analysis, I want to understand them.
  24. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This is from DPP LC, but it still applies to BW.
  25. Ray Jay

Rules of thumb: The higher the stat, the more EVs it takes to increase said stat

Most stats max at 196 or 236 EVs

Any other knowledge you need on EVs can be found by simply messing with the numbers

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)