1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

Discussion in 'Network Center' started by Woodchuck, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

Hall and Subway yes. TLR no.
  2. Objection

Objection

Base Dodge + ((User's Speed - Opponent's Speed) / 5) + Accuracy boosting value from user's +Spe Nature / - 10EVA drop from -Spe Nature

Base Dodge is worked out from the pokemon's size class - look up size class info in the DAT. The slash between the thing about +speed nature and the thing about -speed nature means "one or the other", not "divide", and it depends on the nature the dodging pokemon has.

In Trick Room, it's Opponent's Speed - User's Speed and you subtract if the dodging mon has a +speed nature or add if the dodging mon has a -speed nature.

If the attacking pokemon has its accuracy modified by, say, Mud-Slap, those modifiers work the same way as they do in-game and I think they are calculated after the dodge formula bit.
  3. Eternal Drifter

Eternal Drifter

Two questions: one relates to CAP ASB, while the other... well, relates to a system that it uses for communication.

One of my Poke'mon is near to unlocking Klutz. I was wondering... how do training items interact with that ability? Does Klutz have to be off the entire battle to get the bonus? Or can one have Klutz off only a little for the bonus to be gained?

Is it normal for the mIRC download program to trigger a computer's anti-virus program to prevent heading to a page which contains said download? I took a look at trying to get the mIRC program the other day so I could ask the first question on the #capasb channel, but... well, the second question explains it.

Oh, also:

Actually, from what I read, the Hall is also locking. That means, if you have a Poke'mon being used elswhere, you cannot use it in the Hall (otherwise, I'd have Itsumo back in there already). The Subway still does not have this limitation.

4. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random The imitated
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Does not matter.
    I do not use mIRC, so idk. If you are paranoid about downloads, then just use Mibbit which is in-browser & requires no downloads.
    The quoted ruling is confirmed by MK to be outdated - He is too lazy to update anything other than the ref list. ONLY TLR "Locks" (And ASB MD once the beta is over), & nothing else does. Also, Doubles Halls were outlawed ages ago.
  5. Matezoide

Matezoide

If a pokemon uses Double-Team,will Aerial-Ace still hit regardless,ir can it hit a clone instead?
  6. Pwnemon

Pwnemon is a more intuitive player
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Doubles Co-Lead

Aerial Ace cannot miss due to evasive tactics. The only reason it will ever miss is if the opponent is in the semi-invulnerable stage of fly, dig, shadow force, bounce, or dive.
  7. Orcinus Duo

Orcinus Duo

I'd like a definitive ruling on Fake Out flinches. If a pokemon uses Fake Out twice in a switch=KO match, but on different opponents, does Fake Out flinch on both?
  8. Its_A_Random

i.e. Flinch on both.
  9. Orcinus Duo

Orcinus Duo

Because Objection (or someone else) said once that for adherence to ingame precedence it would make the most sense for fake out to fail when used twice by the same Pokemon, irrespective of targets
  10. Its_A_Random

If we were following in-game precedence, then we would not have decimalised HP, -1 Priority Perish Song, outlawed Perish-Turning, Protect/Detect failing when used consecutively, etc.

ASB Precedence ≠ In-game precedence, & in ASB, Fake Out does not fail when used consecutively. Therefore, your answer lies in my previous post. It fails to flinch the same Pokemon Twice, but it can flinch different Pokemon in successive actions, as quoted below:
  11. Matezoide

Matezoide

If Nature Power is used at the ASB arena,what does it turns into?

The fact that said arena is artificial leads me to believe it becomes Tri-Attack,but both Kaxtar and Jesseus (Who are far more experienced than i am) seem to believe it turns into EQ.
  12. Rediamond

Rediamond

Confirming that Nature Power turns into EQ. The dirt is real, and "artificial" refers more to buildings and the like.
  13. Orcinus Duo

Orcinus Duo

14. Objection

Objection

Disable never interrupts an ongoing Outrage, regardless of who is using Outrage. It does stop the pokemon from performing another outrage after its current one ends.

A high base power attack can interrupt an Outrage from a non-dragon-type, but dragon-types' Outrages cannot be interrupted in this manner. As evidence, I cite this from the STAB definition in the DAT:

Yeah, guys, STAB means more than +3 BAP and -1 energy.
  15. Frosty

Frosty =_=

Does a Gym battle count toward your 3 battles limit?
  16. deadfox081

deadfox081

No
  17. Frosty

Frosty =_=

thanks Deadfox.

next question (I am still trying to catch up so please bear with me):

I saw people using 1, 2 and 3 substitutions on many ocasions. Back when I left people were talking about enabling a second substitution based on movepool. But then I heard it was based on evo stage so I am confused as hell, hence the question:

What are the substitution rules right now? On a stardand battle, how many action subs I can make (ignoring KO and other subs)?
  18. SubwayJ

SubwayJ

Substitutions are usually set in the rules of a battle when first stated (IE I always state 2 subs in all my battles) However if they are NOT set it is generally 2 subs in a FE battle and 1 sub in an NFE battle. Also if you want to know for RPs you can usually findit he number of subs in the Data or signup thread of the RP
  19. MrcRanger97

MrcRanger97

Substitution rules right now state that you determine the amount of substitutions before you battle, listed with the rest of the battle rules in th BT, in RPs though, the number is set.

EDIT: Screw ninjas :P
  20. Orcinus Duo

Orcinus Duo

Does switching remove the effects of sluggish?

EDIT: Also, I believe this was tested ago and I'd just like to clarify. Does Expert Belt apply to a fire attack used on a heatproof pokemon?
  21. Matezoide

Matezoide

If a paralised pokemon is hit by Thunder-Wave,will the percentage return to 25?
  22. deadfox081

deadfox081

Yes paralysis severity can be reset while a mon is still paralyzed.
  23. Matezoide

Matezoide

Thanks....another question.

If a pokemon with -1 accuracy uses a move with 100% Accuracy,whats the new percentage?
    Addtionaly,is there a chart or list of some sort i can use for refference regarding Accuracy/Evasion boosts?
  24. SubwayJ

SubwayJ

Iirc the way to tell accuracy boosts/drops is you start with 3/3
    For every boost you add 1 to the numerator, for every drop you add 1 to the denominator

(IE a -1acc for a 100 acc move will become 3/4 or 75%)

Evasion modifiers are just opposite
  25. Matezoide

Matezoide

So ,using that formula,i can see the hit percentage when compared to the original number?
    For example,a - 1acc for a 90 acc will become 75% of what it was before,wich would equal 83%? Likewise,a +1cc for a 90acc will become 13% more accurate (4/3),bringing it to 100%? Or did i misunderstand it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)