Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

How does Illusion work? Do you send orders for Zorua/Zoroark when you send the disguise or do you order normally in the battle for Zorua/Zoroark?

Order as you would for the Pokemon with Illusion, but send out the mon you are disguised as and notify the referee via pm.

Three questions:

1. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but the wording's a bit iffy in the DAT. If a Pokemon uses Focus Punch, it only fails if that Pokemon takes direct damage?

2. If a Pokemon is in the drowsy phase of Yawn, will a Safeguard used after Yawn still prevent it from sleeping?

3. Is Dodge+Safeguard a viable combo?

To add to Lou's answer to question 2, it's the same with Substitute. It blocks the move Yawn but does nothing to an ongoing Yawn effect.

I'm trying to grasp the concept of combinations, so I'm wondering if a combination such as Swift and Sweet Kiss would make the accuracy 88% or would it never miss?

Also, is something like Swift and Sweet Kiss even viable? The anime depicts Sweet Kiss as a heart that floats as a projectile, but the description says that the Pokemon actually kisses the opponent.

It would never miss.

As for that, it would come down to the ref's opnion, you should make a sub in case it doesnt works.
Also, since you are fighting at the soup, make a sub in case your Unown is stolen.

The Johto Starters' first and second forms are able to learn the Elemental Hyper Beams (BB, FP, HC) via Pokemon XD, but they are not listed in the event database or on Veekun (as they are gifts).

So can we teach these Pokemon these moves even though they're not listed? For example, I don't want to evolve my Quilava (it's my favorite Pokemon) but I want to get him Blast Burn.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
yes, XD moves are legal. If any other similar problems come up, they're also probably legal, for future reference.

also someone should add those to the database

Is, "If X uses a Protective/Evasive action, use Y" a legal sub? I've seen it many times, but am no sure seeing as they are two different categories.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Yeah it's one of those unwritten things that should be written that everybody knows about

ObjEDIT: It was actually written in an old SotG thread and has now been added to the substitution rules bit in the ref resource thread, so ^_^

Where can I find what training items are and how to get them (like exp. share) and also if I use a sheer force boosted move (like thunderbolt) and have a life orb do I take the life orb damage?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)