Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

In the SotG thread, it says that one free nature change is allowed due to changing Speed mechanics. Does that apply to every Pokemon, regardless of nature, or does the nature change have to involve a +/-Speed nature in some way? (I ask this because I'd like to switch my Volcarona from Rash to Modest, and neither of those involves a Speed-changing nature.)

@Metal Bagon: I once reffed a 3 vs 3 Singles match that was 3 pages long, but the smashlloyd20 vs. jas61292 and Solstice vs. Rickheg matches from Round 1 of the tournament were 2 vs 2 Singles, 3 pages.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Is it possible to set up a move substitution based on an HP threshold? Ergo, "if your HP falls below X, replace your action with Tailwind"?

Additionally, is it possible to Toxic yourself to activate abilities?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This might not be a question fit for this thread however I have always wondered what the longest CAP ASB singles match was?
If you're talking in number of days, then it's Tortferngatr vs. Plusle, over 80 days in length, followed by my battle with Deck, at ~78 Days...

@LouisCyphre: Yes, under the Chance Substitution Rules.

Fake Out: The Pokémon strikes the opponent with immense swiftness using their hands/paws, creating a shockwave of air that pushes the opponent back, causing them to flinch. After its initial use, Fake Out fails to flinch the same Pokemon twice, but can still be used in succession. Fake Out is the fastest priority attack, beating out even ExtremeSpeed.
Wait. So after its initial use, it fails on the pokemon? Or does it work until the defender flinches? Say Pokemon A used Fake Out on Pokemon B, who uses Protect. Pokemon A uses Fake Out again on the same pokemon. Does it fail or not? I know it fails in-game, but ASB Fake Out mechanics work a bit different.

Fake Out said:
After its initial use, Fake Out fails to flinch the same Pokemon twice, but can still be used in succession.
Yes it can be used twice in row, but will not cause the pokemon to flinch, unlike in the games were it fails if not used first turn in battle.

If a pokemon is paralysed and eventually reaches 0% paralysis, does its speed return to normal or does it remain at 25% speed?

Does the boost from expert belt occur before or after a move is used and does it stack with abilities such as sheer force?

From what I understand, Expert Belt boost is calculated before weakness and resistance and so it does stack with abilities like Sheer Force.

I'm late to add to the Fake Out discussion, but I'm pretty sure if Fake Out fails to flinch on its first use it can still flinch; I believe it only no longer causes a flinch once it's already caused a flinch.

I'm late to add to the Fake Out discussion, but I'm pretty sure if Fake Out fails to flinch on its first use it can still flinch; I believe it only no longer causes a flinch once it's already caused a flinch.
Actually... Yes! Fake Out will always flinck once and only once the first time it hits, it can even work in two/three different targets as long as it's the first time it's used on them

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
For further Fake Out fun; could I have my users Fake Out straight across, and then diagonal to get more flinch?

That is; if I had a Toxicroak and a Scrafty against a Plusle and Minun; and Croak FO'd the Plusle and Scrafty FO'd the Minun, could I have them then swap targets the next action to get another flinch? After all, it's the first time Toxicroak will have flinched Minun and Scrafty flinched Plusle! What I'm reading is that each mon can get one flinch on each other mon.

I'm pretty sure you couldn't in-game so I don't think you can in ASB. The only things that can change the damage from a self-hit iirc are rank difference (own attack vs own defence) and any stat boosts to those two stats. Oh, and any abilities that nullify self-hit damage or the confusion status.

Does electric type's chance of paralysis is halved even in moves like Thunder Wave?

And does Crits bypass screens?

yea thunder wave only has a 50% to work on an electric pokemon, also crits dont bypass anything here like they do in game i dont think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)