Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

Is Rapid Spin the only way to remove entry hazards? I mean,i would assume that proper creativity would be able to remove them.

Defog is another way, although that one removes hazards from both sides of the field (in ASB only iirc)
Forgot about Defog.

Though my question is mostly about using moves whose main purpose isnt to get rid of them.

The hazards are ,as far as i know,nothing more than a bunch of spikes (Or rocks) that stay on your side of the field,it is not like they are protected by some sort of force-field.

For example,could i use Gust (Or Hurricane) to lift the hazards and throw them away? Maybe a Dig + Flamethrower combo (See Ash vs Paul in the anime) could work? Strike the ground (with say,Earthquake) in order to create a shock-wave powerfull enough to throw them away?

Or are we stuck with Rapid Spin,Defog and (to a lesser extend),Rebound?

Outside of flavour battles where deviating from the bog standard use of moves is encouraged, you are stuck with Rapid Spin, Defog and (to a lesser extent) Rebound and Magic Bounce. Oh, and if you time it right, Magic Coat.

Question regarding Caterpie,Weedle and Wurmple...

When i get them to the final stage,do i get free TMs and Tutors of my choose?
They also lack Egg Moves,do i get anything to make up for that? Like an extra TM/Tutor move?

Question regarding Caterpie,Weedle and Wurmple...

When i get them to the final stage,do i get free TMs and Tutors of my choose?
They also lack Egg Moves,do i get anything to make up for that? Like an extra TM/Tutor move?
Sorry for bumping,but i would like to know this asap,it has been a while since i asked it.

Pokemon without TMs and Move Selection: If your starting Pokemon does not have any TMs to choose from (e.g. cannot, not refuses to. [Magikarp, Beldum, Wynaut, etc.]), it can instead select up to 3 attacks from Move Tutors and Special Giveaways from any generation.

Pokemon without TMs or Tutor/Special Moves and Move Selection: If your starting Pokemon does not have TMs, Tutor Moves, or Special Moves to access, it will instead start with 9 MC to be used when it evolves. Their MC Counter should look like MC: 9
Considering all three mons have tutors (even if they suck) I think you only get the moves, still, since a Tynamo gets the extra 9 MC even when getting magnet rise it's possible I'm wrong, if I'm wrong then you get 9 MC and you can use them whenever you want

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The above quote is outdated - This is the current version: [BOX]Pokemon without Egg Moves: If your starting Pokemon is Genderless or simply has no Egg Moves to choose from, it will obviously not have any Egg Moves to select from. Instead, you may choose three Tutor moves from any generation to teach it.

Pokemon without TMs: If your starting Pokemon does not have any TMs to choose from (e.g. Magikarp, Beldum, Wynaut), it can instead select up to 3 attacks from Move Tutors and Special Giveaways from any generation. This only applies to Pokemon who simply do not have any TMs to choose from; you may not choose to allow Pokemon who do have TMs to take Tutor moves instead.[/BOX]
Tynamo, on the other hand, is an exception, & still gets 9 MC as per this: [BOX]Tynamo: Tynamo only has Level-Up moves and the Tutor Magnet Rise. It starts with all of these moves and begins with nine (9) MC to use after it evolves.[/BOX]
To answer your question Matezoide: Only Tynamo gets the +9 MC/Something to make up for its movepool for when it evolves. No one else.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if this qualifies as "simple question" but anyway:

Is the Dark Gym open for challenges?

I haven't seen Korski around and no one is challenging it, so I was wondering. I intend to challenge it soon (not now, I need a lot more preparation), but I need to know if it is taking challenges, so I won't buy the wrong moves or pump up the wrong pokemon.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I don't know if this qualifies as "simple question" but anyway:

Is the Dark Gym open for challenges?

I haven't seen Korski around and no one is challenging it, so I was wondering. I intend to challenge it soon (not now, I need a lot more preparation), but I need to know if it is taking challenges, so I won't buy the wrong moves or pump up the wrong pokemon.
well, korski's not the dark gym leader anymore. He left ASB around the start of CAP3, and so we got a new gym leader. That's LouisCyphre. Problem is, last we heard of him, he was shot, and in a hospital recovering. That was a month and a half ago.

So to answer your question, no, the dark gym is not accepting challenges currently.

If a combo misses,will the pokemon have to cooldown?
If said combo would cause a stat drop,will it still happen if it misses?

I would assume a Yes for both questions,but i wish to be sure.

Thanks,Pwn (Geez,someone got shot? I hope he recovers soon.....)

Another question:

Will Teleport (Switch) override traping moves? What about U-Turn and Volt-Switch?

Yeah, the only thing trapping moves prevent you from doing is initiating a switch phase or counterswitching when your opponent initiates a switch phase, which is probably why each one has another special method of use or special properties in combos.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Yeah,i assumed so,but really,asking here is the safest way of getting info. :toast:

Faint-Attack cant hit through Fly,Dig and Dive,i assume it is the same here?
"It also allows Pokémon to be hit during the semi-invulnerable turn of moves such as Fly, Dive, or Dig."

nope, works differently than faint attack (ask SoS lol)

Never-miss moves like Faint Attack and Aerial Ace hit through lowered accuracy, raised evasion, Double Team, evasive Agility, evasive Teleport and Dodge.

No Guard hits through everything except Protect, Detect, Wide Guard and Quick Guard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)