Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer, C&C edition

DoW

formally Death on Wings
Are there any plans underway to create analyses for any other less competitive tiers, such as tier shift or OU monotype?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
@Articuno I Users are free to write guides and analyses through our Letters forum though to be put up on our Hub system. If you're interested in contributing or have other questions feel free to PM me

I am a new user, and I wanted to know why many of the other options sections don't explain why the options are inferior (or else still give them credit for a small nice -- but a niche all the same, enough to give some of the worse NUs and LCs an analysis.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I am a new user, and I wanted to know why many of the other options sections don't explain why the options are inferior (or else still give them credit for a small nice -- but a niche all the same, enough to give some of the worse NUs and LCs an analysis.
The simplest answer is just poor writing.

The moderators of the various sections should be on top of this, but with so many analyses going through at a time it can be hard to make sure that every section makes sense and does what it's supposed to, especially in an end-of-generation rush like this.

We'd welcome any and all help in fixing up the sections we have, if you are interested in helping out in this regards feel free to shoot me a PM and I can provide an avenue to work on them.

I've gotten different answers from different sources.
As of gen 5
Can hurricane ever miss in the rain?
Can thunder ever miss in the rain?
Can Blizzard ever miss in hail?

asking because bulbapedia says it ignores accuracy/evasion checks and here it just says 100% accuracy

OOC Note: I made a thread asking this because I didn't see this board. I tried to delete the thread but I couldn't

No they cannot miss in rain/hail. I've deleted your thread for you as your right that this thread is the right place for asking questions like this.

Hi, I'm unsure whether this is the place for questions of this sort. If it isn't, I apologise.
My question is how the accuracy bonuses of compoundeyes and wide lens stack.
Are they additive to the same multiplier? (1+(.3+.1))A where A is the base accuracy of a move? Example: Thunder would be 1.4x70=98
Or, are the two multipliers applied separately? (1.3)(1.1)A Example Thunder being 1.43x70=100.1

I mainly ask because I can't find the information anywhere. Galvantula could have a 100% accuracy thunder without having to worry about weather. Additionally, if Galvantula gets charge in gen VI it'd be able to use charge beforehand to get a 240 base power STAB solarbeam.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Multiplicative. Accuracy modifiers are probably chained like damage ones are, although the research into that hasn't been done yet. Thunder's accuracy would end up being 100 in the scenario you listed. Calculations done in Pokemon are multiplicative in every scenario I can think of.

EDIT: @Pughead Lord of the Dark

Last edited by a moderator:

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Is the entire process of writing up an analysis done without prior consentment of a Moderator/QC member? If it is, then approximately how much time does a QC + GP approval take?

Extra question: how does one apply to be a QC member?

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Stone RG

I don't believe there is a process to apply for a QC member, the best you can do is start frequenting #C&C and give quality advice on analyses. Over time I think the QC members will kind of choose more people I THINK I'm not sure on this

Writing up an analysis can be done if it's in a pokemon is in a specific tier's analysis index. Or, you can post a new set's skeleton to describe why it deserves to be on-site with a small description of sets if it's a new one. But mostly you can just check the analysis indexes. QC approval varies by how active you stay with the analysis, probably 1-2 weeks at most if you keep up. GP can be anywhere from almost instantly to again a couple weeks, but this can be influenced by how much you stick with an analysis.

Is the entire process of writing up an analysis done without prior consentment of a Moderator/QC member? If it is, then approximately how much time does a QC + GP approval take?
If you're planning on introducing a new set for a Pokemon, you don't need prior permission from anyone to put up a thread for it. However, you're not permitted to actually write out the comments in paragraph form, only in bullet points to make it easier for QC members to look through and approve/disapprove. If you get the 2 required QC approvals, you are then able to fill in the set's comments for the last QC member to give you full QC approval.

In terms of rewriting/updating a whole Pokemon's analysis, you have to look through each tier's respective analysis index thread and see which analysis needs updating and isn't taken by another user. If you plan on doing something that isn't seen in the index or want to update a Pokemon's analysis that is labelled completed, then you should ask a moderator/QC member before throwing up a thread for it. This is just to save you time in the event that the analysis is rejected for whatever reason when you went through the time to put it together.

QC + GP approval can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks in most cases, give or take a few days.

Extra question: how does one apply to be a QC member?
You don't actually apply for the team as far as I know. All you need to do is to consistently post quality and legitimate suggestions in analyses and get involved in discussions on IRC in the respective tier channels (#C&C is where OU takes place). You should probably be good at the tier you want to be a QC member for. Continue this for a good period of time and you should eventually get an invitation.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fuzznip said:
You don't actually apply for the team as far as I know. All you need to do is to consistently post quality and legitimate suggestions in analyses and get involved in discussions on IRC in the respective tier channels (#C&C is where OU takes place). You should probably be good at the tier you want to be a QC member for. Continue this for a good period of time and you should eventually get an invitation.
I applied /noshame. idk, afaik there isn't really a 'process' for who gets picked. it's pretty clear who's deserving usually though. you see them on irc, you see their quality analysis advice. essentially, you do a qcer's job and become a qcer if you're good enough.

Can we start contributing analyses for 6th Gen Pokes yet? XY Tiers haven't been set up and probably won't be for a while, but I've got some Malamar sets that I'd like to write up, among other things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)