1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer, C&C Edition

Discussion in 'Sixth Generation Contributions' started by Oglemi, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Minus

Minus A box that is conscious and wishes it weren’t a box.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Pretty much what Gato and Rohail said, but I just wanted to add that, depending on which pokemon you want to reserve, you may need a badge (if it has a "(BH)" by it in the index, you can't reserve it w/o a badge).
  2. Sasha Sheptovitsky

Sasha Sheptovitsky

Why do I get rejected when I offer to reserve an uber analysis? Is there some huge process I have to go through that I don't know of?
  3. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego I could burn up in your flame all night
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

As far as I can tell, your offer to reserve registeel was rejected because of the viability of registeel itself (that said, not very viable). That being said, looking through our analysis format helps a lot when posting suggestions. If you'd like to discuss the viability of anything in particular, people could probably give you a good explanation on #c&c or in that particular pokemon's tier (#ubers or #lc for example)
  4. blitzlefan

blitzlefan shake it off!

Do we treat sets as if they are completely standalone, or are references to previous sets acceptable? Personally, I’m in favor of the first option, as it means readers do not need to read the entire analysis to understand something that is written.

Example: Choice Specs X's checks and counters are similar to those of All-Out Attacker X's or Choice Scarf X functions the same way as Choice Band X, spamming Brave Bird, etc.
  5. GatoDelFuego

is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

Absolutely not

Except if it's something like "Similar to all-out attacker Charizard, Choice Specs Charizard is beaten by X, Y, and Z.
  6. GenjiHyuuga

GenjiHyuuga

This might've been asked already, but when will the UU C&C be open for analyses? It already has its own forum in Competitive Discussion (although I'm guessing that's still beta).
  7. GatoDelFuego

It's planned to go up very soon, so just sit tight!
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    GenjiHyuuga likes this.
  8. Expulso

Expulso

How many analyses can you hold at a time, in a specific area or throughout C&C? Also, is there a cap per generation?
  9. Arkian

Arkian What's wrong with being confident?
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Typically, if you're not a badgeholder, you can only hold up to two analyses in each tier. If you are a badgeholder, they allow you to hold up to three. However, I don't recommending having any more than two or three WIP analyses all together, since it's really hard to put out good quality for all of your analyses in the time that we require.
  10. Expulso

Expulso

I'm sorry, but is the limit on WIPs, or overall?
  11. Arkian

Arkian What's wrong with being confident?
    is a Contributor Alumnus

By WIP, I mean any analysis that isn't fully completed (has passed through QC and GP). Also, forgot to mention this, but, the limit to how many analyses you can have at once is always in the OP of the reservation threads for each tiers
  12. Kavatika

Kavatika dog's best friend
    is a Contributor Alumnus

if you get an amcheck on an analysis, I'm guessing that's not an official gp check. would I want to implement the full check or use my own discretion?

if you need an example look here
  13. GatoDelFuego

You're always recommended to use your own judgement when implementing amchecks. If you want a second opinion, you can always talk to GP members on the forums or irc. Considering that check, I'd probably implement most or all of it, as it was pretty darn good! (nice work Magcargo 2)
    Magcargo likes this.
  14. Littlelucario

Littlelucario

can i write a lucario analysis without anyone else taking my spot?
  15. Minus

You can't work on Lucario atm because Seven Deadly Sins is working on it in OU and n0b is working on it in Ubers. You can try when next gen rolls around or until a revamp is announced. To answer your question, no, you cannot.
  16. Littlelucario

Littlelucario

DANG IT!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the clarification though!
    Minus likes this.
  17. Kangaaroo

Kangaaroo

I may have missed something, but there's no UU analyses?
  18. Kavatika

Kavatika dog's best friend
    is a Contributor Alumnus

no uu analyses are going up once they're done retesting all the bl stuff iirc
  19. Kangaaroo

Kangaaroo

Makes sense, thanks.
  20. Pikachuun

Pikachuun I Bow To The Glorious Leader
    is a Pre-Contributor

Probably dumb question incoming! How does one post an amcheck? I'm interested in joining the GP team, which is why I'm asking. Do you simply post something like an ordinary GP check, or is there something different you have to do?
  21. Minus

You're on the right track! Just post a check that you made into the thread (which should have a title like "GP 0/2" or GP 1/2") and label it as an Amcheck and you're set. Make sure the writer has already implemented the previous check (if there is one) though, because stacked checks are hard to implement. Do a couple of the and PM SuperJOCKE, Oglemi, and Jellicent the links along with why you think you should should be a member of the GP Team to join. Hope this helps =]
  22. Salt

Salt

Why are useless threads like this and this archived and not just deleted?
  23. Salt

Salt

Seeing as how the point of that archive is to store rejected or outdated analyses, I don't know what your point is. What would they be available for? Everything there, even the actual analyses, are pretty useless from a learning standpoint. I just don't understand why rule-violating threads containing things that should be posted here are kept.
  24. Magnemite

Magnemite JESUS FILL MY VOID
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    PU Co-Leader

When will the XY dex entries for moves be written? They're not really that important, but they seem like they would be fun to write.
  25. Minus

After the analyses go up iirc.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)