1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (CAP Edition) - Mark II (READ THE OP)

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by tennisace, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J24

J24

in paint.net, the option that comes up when you save a png that says choose bit depth, if i click 8-bit does it make it 8-bit truecolour and therefore viable for the sprite submissions?
  2. KematianMarwolaeth

KematianMarwolaeth

In the art submission stage, if i ask another member to create a picture for it, who submits it as their final submission? Would i need permission from the artist?
  3. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

The artist should submit the work. If they credit you as a key collaborator, then both of you can be credited with the submission. But the artist should be the person who makes the submission posts. Otherwise, people could easily steal art and claim they "have permission from the artist". The artist needs to make the submission, that way we know there is artist permission, at a minimum. Any additional credit needs to be explicitly granted by the artist.
  4. Horndrill11

Horndrill11

um... On the CAP subsite, there's a gallery for the artwork submitted for each cap, but there's no page for Krillowatt or Voodoom. Are there people working on this?
  5. ssbbm

ssbbm

6. DetroitLolcat

DetroitLolcat Maize And Blue Badge Set :)
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Why is the CAP tournament LNTs not posted? It's already Saturday, so was there no LNT yesterday? Is it postponed/canceled or something?
  7. firecape

firecape This is the end...
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I'm pretty sure they have been canceled.
  8. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Social Media Chief

They have been cancelled. We're coming up with a format for the finals, which will feature the top 8 players in points. Stay tuned!
  9. Helios

Helios

During the complete movepool poll, would it be possible to use 'event' moves in order to restrict the possible moveset of a CAP?
  10. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Yes, it is possible and allowed, but it has never been done before.
  11. Mijumaru

Mijumaru

how do i enter with my own art/sprites?
  12. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

You cannot for this CAP, as those stages are over. For the next CAP, you would wait for the "Art Submissions" and "Sprite Submissions" stages and post them there.
  13. The Other Doug

The Other Doug

Now that Pokedex entries are back in the CAP making process, will Arghonaut, Kitsunoh, Cyclohm, Colossoil, and Kilowatt get their own dex entries?
  14. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Social Media Chief

Yes, after this CAP.
  15. pkmn-taicho321

pkmn-taicho321

during the next cap could we have someone hop on the facebook page and give us some updates? I tend to miss the beginnings of certain discussions and get a bit intimidated, feeling like I can't possibly look over all these posts without missing something that going to be scrutinized about my opinion/ argument. Of course sometimes I'm at work and there is no helping this, but I was just wondering.
  16. Vaz

Vaz

Why not just browse the forums? Or subscribe the threads you want to your email? I do not think facebook is the apprpriate method to reviewing CAP updates and changes.
  17. AzureXeru

AzureXeru

Anyone know when the starting of the CAP12 process is going to be?
  18. Infiltrator

Infiltrator

Probably within the next month or so. The latest CAP is currently under going playtesting which has about a week left before it ends.
  19. Angel Diva

Angel Diva

Are most of the CAP Pokemon single-stage evolutions? I see that Voodoom evolves from what looks like Doug's avatar (what's it's name?) Could somebody list out the evolutionary stages for the CAP Pokemon? Thanks
  20. LouisCyphre

LouisCyphre heralds disaster.

The evolutionary stage of most CAPs isn't defined - it's assumed that whatever prevolutions they have are either weaker versions of the same, or that they have the same competitive viability as, say, Feebas. This is to avoid any CAP prevolutions from becoming viable Pokemon in their own right; i.e. having made two Pokemon in a single CAP cycle.
  21. Lil Niglet

Lil Niglet

Sorry if this has been asked yet but, how do you download the CAP pokemon sprites?
  22. Infiltrator

Infiltrator

The CAP Sprites could be downloaded here.
  23. Bloodline14

Bloodline14

If my brother and I have done some of our own custom pokemon, is there any way we could submit our pokemon for approval? (with some editing to movepools, base stats, abilities, typing, or whatever needs done)
  24. Infiltrator

Infiltrator

Well that's not how a CAP is decided or created. A created Pokemon is created through a community effort and a specific process, for more info you can check this out.

http://www.smogon.com/cap/process/
  25. Notforyou

Notforyou

Mkay, Im new so if im doing somthing wrong in this post feel free to delete it.
    I was just wondering if i have a idea for a cap pokemon should i wait until cap officials open the forums to new ideas or should I make a thread for my idea to start the rest of the cap process.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)