Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (CAP Edition) - Mark II (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anywhere on the CAP site that simply says what the original concept of each CAP was? If not, could somebody please inform me of what they were, I'm curious.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1-3 didn't have a concept

CAP 4, Fidgit, was pure utility. Moves like Trick Room, Tailwind, Gravity, entry hazards etc.
CAP 5, Stratagem, was break the mold. Essentially, the concept was to go against the stereotypes of a given type. In this case, it is Rock.
CAP 6, Arghonaut, was a decentralizer. it was built do decentralize the top 10 threats in CAP at the time.
CAP 7, Kitsunoh, was designed as the ultimate scout. It was built to gather information easily on the opponent's team.
CAP 8 was Cyclohm, and it's concept was neglected ability. Its ability was an ability that was neglected in the metagame because of various reasons. Shield Dust, in this case, was an underused ability in the current metagame, for example.

And I hope you've been following CAP 9 enough to know our concept!

When will we have the chance to decide a proper name for CAP9's Auto Magic Coat? (Because we are not going to keep it as a name, aren't we?^^)

Can a concept used in the past be used for a later CAP

eg. Stratagems beat the stereotype break the mould
We generally don't want to see previous concepts mentioned again. We are trying to learn as much as possible from the metagame, so if we use a concept that was already used, we aren't learning anything new.

So, I wouldn't do that if I were you.

With CAP Sprite submissions, are back sprites and front sprites chosen separately?

Or, by voting for our favourite front sprite, are we committing to vote for its creator's corresponding back sprite too? (and vice versa)

With CAP Sprite submissions, are back sprites and front sprites chosen separately?

Or, by voting for our favourite front sprite, are we committing to vote for its creator's corresponding back sprite too? (and vice versa)
It seems like according to the last 8 caps, you choose the creator's back sprite and front sprite. I don't think it has changed at all since then.

In the art thread. Once CAP10 has started, you'll have to wait until a few other things like concept and typing have been established.

1-3 didn't have a concept

CAP 4, Fidgit, was pure utility. Moves like Trick Room, Tailwind, Gravity, entry hazards etc.
CAP 5, Stratagem, was break the mold. Essentially, the concept was to go against the stereotypes of a given type. In this case, it is Rock.
CAP 6, Arghonaut, was a decentralizer. it was built do decentralize the top 10 threats in CAP at the time.
CAP 7, Kitsunoh, was designed as the ultimate scout. It was built to gather information easily on the opponent's team.
CAP 8 was Cyclohm, and it's concept was neglected ability. Its ability was an ability that was neglected in the metagame because of various reasons. Shield Dust, in this case, was an underused ability in the current metagame, for example.

And I hope you've been following CAP 9 enough to know our concept!

That's not true, 1-3 did have a concept. Syclant was glass cannon, Revenankh was bulky wall, and Pyroak was Sunny Day sweeper.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
That's not true, 1-3 did have a concept. Syclant was glass cannon, Revenankh was bulky wall, and Pyroak was Sunny Day sweeper.
Those were concepts not outlined clearly in the process, which is why I did not include them.

EDIT: also, this is SQSA thread, not a discussion thread.

Ideas for Pokemon? You'll have to wait until CAP 10 starts, and the Concept Submission is put up before you can submit your concepts.

Mysteriousfellow was found to have cheated in the CAP art polls. he was banned and his submission is not getting into the art gallery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)