Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (CAP Edition) - Mark II (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
in paint.net, the option that comes up when you save a png that says choose bit depth, if i click 8-bit does it make it 8-bit truecolour and therefore viable for the sprite submissions?

In the art submission stage, if i ask another member to create a picture for it, who submits it as their final submission? Would i need permission from the artist?

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
In the art submission stage, if i ask another member to create a picture for it, who submits it as their final submission? Would i need permission from the artist?
The artist should submit the work. If they credit you as a key collaborator, then both of you can be credited with the submission. But the artist should be the person who makes the submission posts. Otherwise, people could easily steal art and claim they "have permission from the artist". The artist needs to make the submission, that way we know there is artist permission, at a minimum. Any additional credit needs to be explicitly granted by the artist.

um... On the CAP subsite, there's a gallery for the artwork submitted for each cap, but there's no page for Krillowatt or Voodoom. Are there people working on this?

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Why is the CAP tournament LNTs not posted? It's already Saturday, so was there no LNT yesterday? Is it postponed/canceled or something?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
They have been cancelled. We're coming up with a format for the finals, which will feature the top 8 players in points. Stay tuned!

During the complete movepool poll, would it be possible to use 'event' moves in order to restrict the possible moveset of a CAP?

You cannot for this CAP, as those stages are over. For the next CAP, you would wait for the "Art Submissions" and "Sprite Submissions" stages and post them there.

Now that Pokedex entries are back in the CAP making process, will Arghonaut, Kitsunoh, Cyclohm, Colossoil, and Kilowatt get their own dex entries?

during the next cap could we have someone hop on the facebook page and give us some updates? I tend to miss the beginnings of certain discussions and get a bit intimidated, feeling like I can't possibly look over all these posts without missing something that going to be scrutinized about my opinion/ argument. Of course sometimes I'm at work and there is no helping this, but I was just wondering.

during the next cap could we have someone hop on the facebook page and give us some updates? I tend to miss the beginnings of certain discussions and get a bit intimidated, feeling like I can't possibly look over all these posts without missing something that going to be scrutinized about my opinion/ argument. Of course sometimes I'm at work and there is no helping this, but I was just wondering.
Why not just browse the forums? Or subscribe the threads you want to your email? I do not think facebook is the apprpriate method to reviewing CAP updates and changes.

Are most of the CAP Pokemon single-stage evolutions? I see that Voodoom evolves from what looks like Doug's avatar (what's it's name?) Could somebody list out the evolutionary stages for the CAP Pokemon? Thanks

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
The evolutionary stage of most CAPs isn't defined - it's assumed that whatever prevolutions they have are either weaker versions of the same, or that they have the same competitive viability as, say, Feebas. This is to avoid any CAP prevolutions from becoming viable Pokemon in their own right; i.e. having made two Pokemon in a single CAP cycle.

If my brother and I have done some of our own custom pokemon, is there any way we could submit our pokemon for approval? (with some editing to movepools, base stats, abilities, typing, or whatever needs done)

Mkay, Im new so if im doing somthing wrong in this post feel free to delete it.
I was just wondering if i have a idea for a cap pokemon should i wait until cap officials open the forums to new ideas or should I make a thread for my idea to start the rest of the cap process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)