Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (CAP Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Like most other forums, simple questions come up all the time. Please ask them here, rather than making new threads.

This is NOT a discussion thread.

• Please consult the sticky threads before posting a question here. Most basic information is contained in them.

• Do not ask non-CAP related questions in this thread. For general Pokémon help, see the Simple Question / Simple Answer thread in Stark Mountain.

• Do not start discussions in this thread. This is for simple questions that are expected to have a simple answer. If your question is an open-ended discussion-starter, it will be moderated.

• Do not continue discussions in this thread. Provide a simple answer to a posted simple question, or do not post at all. Do not go "back-and-forth" with posts.

• This is not a place to post your ideas/concerns/problems/issues with the CAP project, simply because you "can't find any other place to post". If that is your reason for posting here, your post is almost certainly inappropriate here and will be moderated.

• Do not ask "When is <X> going to start?" or any other questions related to future project planning. The CAP project does not follow any set timelines, so don't ask questions that imply the existence of a project calendar. If you are asking about the overall future project direction, the answer is in the stickies, or it isn't a simple question. Either way, don't ask that stuff here.

This thread is for simple questions, and simple answers. It's very.... uh.... simple.

i don't understand how the addons for the CAP works because i don't understand command line stuff and i rather not risk screwing up something else because of fucking up something in the command line

DougJustDoug

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The current guide for connecting to the server and installing sprites is located here. Hundreds of people have downloaded that sprite package and made it work. However, it is not uncommon for people to struggle with it sometimes. Try to follow the directions exactly, as I will not reiterate them here.

If you are still unsuccessful, there is still hope. I am working on a simple .EXE for installing sprites. Hopefully, that will make it dirt-simple for everyone in the future. I would like to have the EXE complete in time to coincide with the implementation of Revenankh on the CAP server.

DougJustDoug

I forgot the sticky the thread. As for the art polls from Smeargle's Studio, I'll have those moved over here to the CAP Forum.

Are there going to be multiple pokemon being made at a time? I ask this because the spriting of Revenanhk is taking a while, and we haven't got a vote yet.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
the poll is up, and i dont know whether multiple pokemon are going to be made at once, i dont think so.

When will the next Create-a-Pokemon selection thread be up? Revenanhk is taking way longer than Scylant.
When Revenankh is done. I plan this to be Sunday. Sorry, but I was waiting for sprite submissions. I can't control the speed at which people make art.

Maybe you should do more then one at a time, there are easily enough people who have been selected as mini-mods. Maybe do a new pokemon and a existing evolution if you want some distinction.

Sunday? I thought the sprite thread closed Friday? Is there something to do after that?

Also, can we get a sticky thread for each fully created Pokemon, with either every thread leading into their creation, or lock it so only mods can post in it and have the Pokemon's full entry there? Ie: Sprite, Moveset, Stats, Analysis, etc etc?

Sunday? I thought the sprite thread closed Friday? Is there something to do after that?

Also, can we get a sticky thread for each fully created Pokemon, with either every thread leading into their creation, or lock it so only mods can post in it and have the Pokemon's full entry there? Ie: Sprite, Moveset, Stats, Analysis, etc etc?
Well, Sunday if KoA's sprite doesn't keep 50% of the votes. I'm just assuming there may be a second part. Though, it looks like we won't need it.

DougJustDoug

All relevant pokemon information is contained in the Create-A-Pokemon Strategy Pokedex. It is a sticky thread, it is closed to the general public for posting, and it has a nice index in the top post linking to the dex data and analysis for every CAP pokemon. Use it as a reference library. That's why we created it.

What census are we allowed to do before Revenankh's finished and the next part of the CAP starts? (As in what new CAP discussion can we do?)

I don't know about what's allowed, but I suggest you to contribute to the Process Guide workshop, if you have something interesting you want to share. Right now, getting a solid set of guidelines and a good method of deciding Topic Leaders is the #1 priority.

As i'm not elegible to work in the Guidelines, I can't contribute to that.

I was thinking more of discussing what the major balances to the Metagame we need, giving us a headstart into our 3rd CAP.

You just can't start a new discussion in the guidelines, but everyone is encouraged to contribute to one of the current topics under discussion.

Would i be able to start a discussion on identifing unbalanced issues in the metagame, and what would be needed to fix them?

DougJustDoug

If the discussion is done here, it's part of a creation project. That's a TL's job to start. If it's a general discussion on metagame needs, it belongs in another Smogon forum.

I'd actually like to have a general discussion on this, leading up the the first actual poll for the next pokemon. But, this will be up to the TL for that pokemon. We are discussing this issue and others in the Process Workshop thread.

Let's drop this here, since it is moving beyond the scope of SQSA.

Not so much a question but...

Somebody needs to fix syclant dex entry 2 in contradiction to 3

and any response at all to submitting to nintendo?

I'm relatively new here, but I just want to ask one question

I've been scouting around the forums, and in most of them, I can post new threads and replies and edit any posts that I make. Yet in the Warstory Archive, I can't do any of the three options. Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)