Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (CAP Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully realize that this is probably the most-asked question in this whole thread, but I'm a little disconcerted from being in such a large forum and can't seem to find all the necessary information, so I'm resorting to asking here:

When will another CAP project start up? I've got an excellent concept (in my admittedly not-very-humble opinion) that could shake up the metagame in its own way, and I'm looking forward to being able to share it - call me cocky, but I feel like it'll be liked, and I've been developing all the stuff - typing, ability name, pokemon name, stats, movepool, etc. - in my head as the concept sort of unfolds....and, yeah, I want to be able to share it.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
When will another CAP project start up? I've got an excellent concept (in my admittedly not-very-humble opinion) that could shake up the metagame in its own way, and I'm looking forward to being able to share it - call me cocky, but I feel like it'll be liked, and I've been developing all the stuff - typing, ability name, pokemon name, stats, movepool, etc. - in my head as the concept sort of unfolds....and, yeah, I want to be able to share it.
Do remember that the typing, ability, pokemon name, stats, and movepool are all decided by polls where the community votes, although you can submit your ideas for ability's, name, stat spread, and movepools.

In the "why hasn't CAP 9 started yet" thread, Doug listed a bunch of different additions and updates to the Process Guide. Was the post-playtesting "Moral of the Story" reflections or rating thread going to be added, or were the ideas from that particular policy review just being incorporated into the section on Concept threads?

Do remember that the typing, ability, pokemon name, stats, and movepool are all decided by polls where the community votes, although you can submit your ideas for ability's, name, stat spread, and movepools.
I realize this, I just don't like having an empty "idea" that I'm submitting, so even if it's just for myself, I still want to fill out all the information for it and such....

Will older CAPs such as Syclant get Tutor moves? I noticed that the later ones received them because they were made after Platinum.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Will older CAPs such as Syclant get Tutor moves? I noticed that the later ones received them because they were made after Platinum.
Moves that were wanted on Syclant prior to the tutor moves were implemented already. Tutor moves are simply a class of moves that can be learned via tutor. How CAPs get these moves don't matter much. For example, Superpower, which is currently a Tutor Move was a move that Syclant originally had. Although it was taken away due to competitive issues, current tutor moves have already been considered for each CAP competitively.

Hello,

Well, I'm a noob for CAP, so I have a couple of questions. First, when the Art Submissions and Sprite Submissions start, does each submitter have to make a thread with their work on it, or put all of the art onto one communal thread? Also, how come the Art Submissions happen BEFORE deciding on the Pokemon's body structure?

I understand Superpower was taking from Syclant for competitive issues but I was not around at that time.

What was the timing of this decision? Before Platinum? How many CAPs were around at the time?

Most importantly, if we can do these changes, can we do other changes with the newer CAPs?

Yes, a few questions but I appreciate the answers!

I understand Superpower was taking from Syclant for competitive issues but I was not around at that time.

What was the timing of this decision? Before Platinum? How many CAPs were around at the time?

Most importantly, if we can do these changes, can we do other changes with the newer CAPs?

Yes, a few questions but I appreciate the answers!
1. The timing was before Platinum.

2. I think there was only Pyroak at that time, my apologies if I'm mistaken.

3. Of course.

Just a quick one, is there going to be a thread reviewing the recently finished playtest?
Probably.

since the playtesting period for all the old CAP just finished, does it mean al;l of them are now available in the CAP server?

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
since the playtesting period for all the old CAP just finished, does it mean al;l of them are now available in the CAP server?
Yup! All 8 of them are available on the ladder currently. Also, don't forget to download the sprites here if you haven't already.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm really new here and looking over some of the analyses, I don't understand what all the special moves do and their move descriptions aren't listed anywhere. Can someone list them all and tell me what they do? Thanks. >_>

I'm really new here and looking over some of the analyses, I don't understand what all the special moves do and their move descriptions aren't listed anywhere. Can someone list them all and tell me what they do? Thanks. >_>
There are only two new moves that have been made, they are the following:

ShadowStrike - 80 base power / Ghost / 95 Acc / 10 PP / Physical / 50% chance to lower opponent's Defense by one stage.

Paleo Wave - 85 base power / Rock / 100 Acc / 15 PP / Special / 20% chance to lower opponent's Attack by one stage.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really doubt it. The CAP server has never been big, even though our metagame is a slightly modified OU. I don't think it would be worrthy to have a UU/Ubers ladder or CaP. It's hard enough finising battles as it is.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Will an Uber or UU CAP ever get designed? Pyroak doesn't count, given it was designed for OU.
Uber and UU CAPs suffer the same problem: How do we make them fit in their metagames? For UU, how can we make it fit in without giving it standout traits that can allow it to climb to OU/BL, without nerfing it enough to make it NU? For Ubers, how can we make something fit in a banlist metagame? OUs are frequently used in Ubers, but that doesn't make them Uber. There are too many problems that arise when dealing with metagames other than the standard metagame. Therefore, for the time being, the answer is no.

Would I be able to suggest new pokes for the cap project? Or is that reserved for the higher-ups?
Also, how could I get involed in CAP testing?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Would I be able to suggest new pokes for the cap project? Or is that reserved for the higher-ups?
The CAP Project is a community project, meaning there is at least a discussion and most likely an accompanying poll for every step in the process. The Pokemon made are made step by step, detailed here.

Also, how could I get involed in CAP testing?
The Pokemon are fully functional on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)