Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (CAP Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This idea has been proposed many times and shot down just as many. Omgthatkid95 is correct.

Am i allowed to start a new pokemon? like does a moderator have to initiate a new pokemon project or can i start my own thread looking for help? i dont really care if it is a part of the official smogon board user made pokemon but ever since playing ive had ideas and would love to work with some other smogon users to make something cool. Am i allowed to ask for help or do i just have to help with projects that are for the whole board? Id prob start by polling what purpose it would serve then poll again for typing and so on. Am i allowed to post that in this section or should i go to smeargle's studio?

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You should go to another site. Not trying to be mean, but these threads tend to get shot down quickly, and lead to infractions and bans. It is clearly against the rules of this forum. Fanboy projects aren't allowed.

Where is the source code for the (presumably) modified version of the Shoddy Battle sources used to power this server?

Since Shoddy is now released under the AGPL you are legally required to make the full source code of all and any deriviatives publically available...

tennisace

Where is the source code for the (presumably) modified version of the Shoddy Battle sources used to power this server?

Since Shoddy is now released under the AGPL you are legally required to make the full source code of all and any deriviatives publically available...
I'd talk to Doug, but why would you want our source code?

When/Where do we post Pokemon concepts? Am I correct in assuming that there will be a new Pokemon concept posting thread created later? If I am correct, around when will it start?

(trying to make a good first impression : ) )

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
When/Where do we post Pokemon concepts? Am I correct in assuming that there will be a new Pokemon concept posting thread created later? If I am correct, around when will it start?

(trying to make a good first impression : ) )
When CAP 5 starts there will be a thread titled something like "Concept Submissions", that would be the one. Estimated time of arrival... maybe 3-4 weeks, at a guess.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

The Create-A-Pokemon changes to Shoddy have been posted in the ShoddyBattle SourceForge repository for quite some time. Look in the Patches section of the repository.

Thanks for the help, Sunday.

One more question. is there any possibility of making more than one pokemon at a time? maybe, say, 3 at a time? it seems to be mainly posting polls and waiting (thought I'm sure it's a lot more than just that...), so maybe?

tennisace

Thanks for the help, Sunday.

One more question. is there any possibility of making more than one pokemon at a time? maybe, say, 3 at a time? it seems to be mainly posting polls and waiting (thought I'm sure it's a lot more than just that...), so maybe?
Short answer: No, there would be too much confusion.
Long answer: No, but there may be a simultaneous "Create an Evolution" project running with a future CaP.

Crit Stacking

I'm kinda new, this is my first post actually.
I have a (hopefully) simple question:
What is the chance (%) that my Super Luck Absol holding Scope Lens/Razor Claw crits with Night Slash?
That, and is there another combo that has a higher crit %?

tennisace

I'm kinda new, this is my first post actually.
I have a (hopefully) simple question:
What is the chance (%) that my Super Luck Absol holding Scope Lens/Razor Claw crits with Night Slash?
That, and is there another combo that has a higher crit %?
Wrong SQSA thread. Try the one in Stark Mountain.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Wasn't there some discussion and testing about Drizzle, Drought and five-turn weather traits being implemented in the CaP pokémon? What was the conclusion?

tennisace

Wasn't there some discussion and testing about Drizzle, Drought and five-turn weather traits being implemented in the CaP pokémon? What was the conclusion?
Broken. The discussion was closed and dropped.

Does anyone know of a damage calculator that will accept a base stat spread for the pokemon? Metalkid's will only allow you to use the standard 493 and there's no override!

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Does anyone know of a damage calculator that will accept a base stat spread for the pokemon? Metalkid's will only allow you to use the standard 493 and there's no override!
I am programming one with chaos. Various people have seen the beta version. It's still not finished though. We plan to add it as a base feature to the site. One reason I am designing it with completely configurable inputs, is because I'd like to do damage calcs involving CAP pokemon.

Libelldra has one. Just find its Attack and such with shoddy, or if you know how to find the stats you can do that. >_>

The interface takes a while to get used to, though.

Hmm... I asked this a while ago, but I don't think I got a definitive answer...
How would I go about getting permission to implement the CaP Pokémon in my game I'm working on (Pokémon Amethyst)?
Would it be as simple as getting permission from the project leaders? Because they're community projects, perhaps I should do a poll on whether I can include them?
It would be nice if there were a few Pokémon from well-known projects in my game as it could increase both CaP's and Amethyst's popularity on Smogon and other forums, and it would be fun to have a chance to use the CaP creations in-game.
The link in my sig isn't working at the time I posted this since PokéCommunity (where the game is most popular) is undergoing maintenance. However, when it comes back up, take a look!

How would I go about getting permission to implement the CaP Pokémon in my game I'm working on (Pokémon Amethyst)?
From a legal perspective, the only thing you would need permission for are the sprites (and possibly not even then if you live in a country (america) with "fair use"). I'd just find Doug on IRC and see what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)