Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (CAP V. 3.0 READ THE OP!)

There is no such thing as CAP RU. All CAPs that have been created were created for OU and the CAP metagame is OU+all CAPs.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Just wondering if it's been brought up that the links to the CAP forums from the home page are not specified. I'm not asking for a quick fix, I'm just bringing it to anyone's attention if it wasn't already. IE: Home page, CAP Prjoect link, forums link. Link is broken. Just making you aware. Sorry if I'm kicking a dead horse.

EDIT: IE as in "id est" not internet explorer lol.

I believe there are still some kinks to be worked out in terms of the links and what goes where. Everything is being worked on at the moment, just give those guys some more time :) They have been doing an amazing job to get us back up on new software.

@HSA: There is no CaP RU...

Let me start off by saying, I'm not sure where this question would go, but cap is the place I can get the answer, as you guys deal with it.

I'm making a showdown server with fake on, gen /VP/ to be specific, and I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of someone who could help me put these fake on onto our server. If you know someone, please pm me their username and I'll contact them privately. I want to thank you in advanced, and I hope I don't get too many infractions for this post

nevermind, ive got a guy helping me right now. i would delete my post but i dont know how in this new layout

Say someone posts something regarding the creation of a CAP. For example, let's say someone submits base stats for a CAP, and said base stats end up winning the poll. Is the person whose base stats won still eligible to submit, say, artwork, or Pokédex entries?

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
Yes, they are. The only people who are ineligible to submit in any given stage are the TL and that stage's section leader.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Who do CAP Pokemon belong to? Can they be used by other people for their own projects, like a RPG Maker game?

DJD outlined conditions here:

Click Me.

It's probably worth asking DJD just to make sure that you are allowed to use them if you so desire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
It depends what you mean by "project leaders". The person officially in charge of the whole CAP project is DougJustDoug. However, the more visible leadership during any particular CAP project are the Topic Leader and Topic Leadership Team for that project, who are elected at that start. For CAP 6, the TL is capefeather and the TLT consists of reachzero, Pwnemon, DetroitLolcat, and DarkSlay.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Most topics in the CAP forums revolve around making a Pokemon as a community and are made by the CAP moderators. Individual projects are not allowed, so if you were looking to start a discussion on a Pokemon of your own, know that this is not what the CAP project is for.

However, if you want to start a thread on something related to the CAP project, but not on Pokemon creation, such as a CAP RMT, or a discussion of old CAP projects or of the CAP metagame, those are generally fine. If you are unsure if what you want to do is OK, or have any questions about it, feel free to contact any one of the CAP moderators.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Most of us should be able to handle any of the questions you would have. If it is something specifically art related I might suggest contacting either Birkal or paintseagull, but otherwise, I can't think of any specific type of questions that any one of us would be better able to answer than the others.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If Pokemon X and Y are released before CAP 6 is finished, what will happen? This is assuming that there are any significant changes to competitive battling that would affect CAP 6. So I guess what I'm asking is, will CAP 6 be influenced by Generation 6 at all if it's not finished by then? Or will it strictly be designed around the Generation 5 competitive battling scene?

(note to self, actually stick with the process the full way through this time around)

jas61292

used substitute
All CAP projects are made exclusively for the metagame that was around when the project was started. This means that the current metagame will be what is used for the entire process, and future games or metagame changes (such as bans) will not be taken into account.

I saw on the Pre Evos forums that the Pre Evos weren't going to be test run or anything, but some of them have good Evioliting possibilities. Will Smogon ever put them into Showdown? That would be awesome.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
I saw on the Pre Evos forums that the Pre Evos weren't going to be test run or anything, but some of them have good Evioliting possibilities. Will Smogon ever put them into Showdown? That would be awesome.
I really hope not, but it would be a decision that the PRC would have to come to. The chances are they will never be implemented on the official server.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Concept threads go up every time we have a new cap - it is at that point you may submit your concept (after reading the rules, of course). Do not create a new thread.

jesus it's stupid you need to post to unsubcribe from threads now

How do you make a pokemon? I have one in mind, and am using the Guide for Beginners, but i don't know what a Topic Leader is. Thanks for your help!

How do you make a pokemon? I have one in mind, and am using the Guide for Beginners, but i don't know what a Topic Leader is. Thanks for your help!
Maybe this will help.
http://www.smogon.com/cap/process/topic_leader
If you have an idea for a Pokemon, you should pitch your concept and submit your ideas during the next CAP. You can also help with the creation of the current CAP, but you can not just create the entire Pokemon yourself from scratch. There is a process as seen here.
http://www.smogon.com/cap/process/events/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)