1. Our third apparel sale is live. New design + reprint of the athletic design. Support us and get a shirt!
  2. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.
  3. Watch our World Cup of Pokemon Post-R1 Smogcast with some of Smogon's top players!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  5. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Flying Press Edition

Discussion in 'The Flying Press' started by skylight, Jul 23, 2015.

1. anto

anto shiba =/= waifu </3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

done :)
    Shiba and Minus like this.
  2. Flerovium

Flerovium In my element.

No idea if I'm even asking in the right place for this, but who do I go to if I find a typo in a Smogon article?
  3. sandshrewz

sandshrewz POTATO
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

You can just post it here too! Thanks!
  4. Flerovium

Flerovium In my element.

Right, the article is Tangrowth's Gen 7 entry: http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/tangrowth/

Sleep Powder is misspelled as "Sleep Power" on six different occasions.
  5. sandshrewz

sandshrewz POTATO
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Ah, thought you were referring to Flying Press articles. Anyway, I think someone already fixed what you mentioned. If you spot typos in dex entries in future, feel free to post in this thread. Thanks! :)
    Flerovium likes this.
  6. 22lwalls

22lwalls

Is there a way to suggest a moveset for a pokemon that doesn't have one suggested?
  7. Conni

Conni

From my knowledge the writer would usually use standard smogon analysis sets or sets they made themselves, you can try suggesting sets to the article thread directly but you'd need article workshop access
  8. LegendarySmeargle

LegendarySmeargle Banned deucer.

I do an English course at 1 year, it will be 2 years now, I have a good English but as it is not fluent, can this be a problem?
  9. Inactive~

Inactive~ formerly Inactive User

As this thread says, if English isn't your first language that's alright as the GP Team can help you with that. You're also free to ask for a co-author if you need some assistance.
    DeathByWobbuffet likes this.
  10. ChrystalFalchion

ChrystalFalchion
    is a Pre-Contributor

I was thinking of writing the moves that should exist article, and I'd like a panel to comment on how good they think the moves are(n't). How do I get a panel?
    WaffleTitan likes this.
  11. skylight

skylight a sky full of lighters ☆
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Moves that should exist is currently removed from the shelved list, sorry. :(

However: For panels generally just message me and I can help you put together a panel using current and past JAPE writers who are generally used to the panel format.
  12. EuSouAFazenda

EuSouAFazenda

I have an idea for an article, but i dont know what I should do with it.
    Where I should post, and how I should post (a resume of the idea, or a smaller version of it?)?
  13. Jellicent

Jellicent
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

Make a thread in Article Approvals. A description of your idea or brief outline, with maybe a sample paragraph or two, should be enough. TFP staff and quality control will let you know if they need anything more from you before approving. Best of luck ^.^
  14. EuSouAFazenda

EuSouAFazenda

Thanks! Going to do that right now.
  15. ChrystalFalchion

ChrystalFalchion
    is a Pre-Contributor

That's a shame what happened? Did someone take it?
  16. EuSouAFazenda

EuSouAFazenda

Does some topics have more priority in how fast they are aproved/declined?
    Like, if you make a post in Article Aprovals, does it gets faster/slower to receive feedback if its from a particular topic?
    Its because I make one about an metagame not very known, and its the second or third day.
    The other times I tryed making an Article, they all got feedback in less than a day. Does it is because of the article content or another reason?
    And how much time should I expect till it gets feedback? Thanks.
  17. Rakan

Rakan If you aren't a little frightened, you ain't alive
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

It's hard to say when exactly you'll get feedback in article approvals, usually time-sensitive articles like tournament or suspect coverage pieces will be pushed through quickly. In regards to your question, yes, sometimes the content matters (see my explanation above). If there's an unusually long wait for feedback, you can always try chatting with any of the smog staff directly. But as with anything else, the smog staff all have other obligations irl and otherwise, but I can assure you they're not intentionally ignoring your article.
    EuSouAFazenda likes this.
  18. EuSouAFazenda

EuSouAFazenda

Thanks a lot, Rakan.
  19. XnadrojX

XnadrojX

I've been digging around but I can't find instructions anywhere on where to find credits of the HTML team nor how to contribute HTML and Articles. It's probably just me being bad at navigating Smogon but I need help
  20. Jellicent

Jellicent
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

Starting around the end of last year, HTML credits can be found at the bottom of the article. You can also find credits for every TFP article here. If you want to join the HTML team, post a thread here outlining your history with HTML / any other coding. There's also a quick test you'll have to take.

For writing an article, just make a thread about your idea in Article Approvals with an outline of what you'd cover. Staff will give you feedback and might ask for a sample paragraph or two before approving. If your article is approved or you make the HTML team, you'll get access to the Media HQ subforum where articles are worked on.
  21. XnadrojX

XnadrojX

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)