Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple question, Could a Milotic survive an E/Q from a Garchomp, once Chomp has a SD Boost and being adamant nature 394 attack??? (milotic has no status condition)
Damage caluclator is your friend. I don't know how much is 394 attack, but an Adamant Garchomp with 252 EVs in attack with one SD will do 76.65% - 90.10% to a Bold Milotic with 252 def and 252 HP.

EDIT: Gah, beaten.

How can you get more Duking pokesnacks in Pokemon XD? I've used like 6, but I'm worried I can't get more...
Actually, after you've got all 3 PokeSpots available any Shop should be carrying Pokésnacks in their inventory. It's at the bottom of the list if I remember correctly.

How do I get my Warstory approved?
Approval is no longer necessary.

For the analysis Togekiss Flinch set, the analysis states that your opponent will end up with a 30% chance of attacking. ...What?

50% chance of paralysis taking effect - right?
60% chance of Air Slash flinch under Serene Grace - right?

Therefore:

50% chance of avoiding paralysis * 40% chance of avoiding flinch = 20% chance of attacking.

Right?

(Or, put another way, 50% * 60% = 30% chance of both paralysis and flinch; therefore 50% + 60% - 30% = 80% chance of not attacking, or 20% chance of attacking.)

How much would a Naughty Metagross with an IV of 30 in SPAttack do to an average Tangrowth and an average Heracross if it uses Hidden Power Flying 67?

How much would a Naughty Metagross with an IV of 30 in SPAttack do to an average Tangrowth and an average Heracross if it uses Hidden Power Flying 67?
MetalKid would be the place to go for this kind of question. Still...

Standard Tangrowth has 252 HP, and it would take 40.10-47.03% from that.

0/0 Heracross (not typical, but for perspective) would take 65.45-77.08%. It's always a 2HKO regardless of HP.

Approval is no longer necessary.

For the analysis Togekiss Flinch set, the analysis states that your opponent will end up with a 30% chance of attacking. ...What?

There is a 25% chance of being paralyzed not 50.

40% chance of ignoring flinch, but 25% of that 40% is beaten by paralyze.

So 30%.

If I used Deoxy Speed on Smogon Wifi battles would it be aloud?

Is Deoxys Speed Uber still?

If your defence is at +1 while your opponent's attack is at +1 also, will the 2 +1 stats effectively cancel each other out?
No, it depends what their original stats were, as the increase is related to that. I.e, 359 Jolly Garchomp with an attack raise yould have 359 x 1.5 = 538 attack. Whereas a 200 def pokemon with a defense raise would have 300 defense. So effectively, the stat boosts are larger if the original stat is larger.

There is a 25% chance of being paralyzed not 50.

40% chance of ignoring flinch, but 25% of that 40% is beaten by paralyze.

So 30%.

If I used Deoxy Speed on Smogon Wifi battles would it be aloud?

Is Deoxys Speed Uber still?
A better way to think about it is that you have a 75% chance of ignoring full paralysis and a 40% chance of avoiding flinch. Since both values are independent of each other an both must be true, you multiply. 0.75 * 0.40 = 0.30 = 30% chance of avoiding both full paralysis and FlinchHAX and being able to attack.

I don't think Deoxys-S is technically unbanned anywhere except Shoddy, so I'd make sure how your opponent felt first. You can disguise the question by saying "Do you consider Deoxys-S OU or Uber?"
If your defence is at +1 while your opponent's attack is at +1 also, will the 2 +1 stats effectively cancel each other out?
Since the stats are divided in the damage formula multiplying the numerator and denominator by the same number is the same as multiplying it be 1.5/1.5, which is effectively 1, yielding no net change in damage.

How do I get Agility, Baton pass, or swords dance on Shedinja.
I would like answers for all of the above please.

EDIT: I see, thanks!

If you read carefully,

In uber play, a 4HP/252Def/252SpD Calm spread is sometimes advocated, as is the use of Icy Wind to drop the speed of Pokémon like Groudon on the switch-in.
You could just use that ev spread for the CMBliss in the analysis.

Also there is one in Jibaku's Guide:
Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 176 Def / 80 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Softboiled
- Ice Beam
Uber Blisseys are geared towards Special Defense to help it take Water Spouts and such. Psych Up is always a welcome option over Calm Mind, if one wishes to snag the opponent’s boosts if they have boosted a couple of times. Calm Mind makes her not entirely reliant on the opponent's boosts, but Blissey can only Calm Mind once per turn, netting only one boost. Natural Cure is needed for Ubers so it can somewhat shrug off status, even though Thunder's 60% paralysis rate with Serene Grace may seem tempting.

Can Soul Dew be used in Pokemon Battle Revolution? It seems that when I'm adding my Latias with Soul Dew to my custom card, the Soul Dew just disappears. Is this normal? Or has anyone else had such a problem before?

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How do I get Agility, Baton pass, or swords dance on Shedinja.
I would like answers for all of the above please.
Swords Dance is a level-up move for Ninjask. If you evolve Shedinja into Ninjask at that exact level, the resulting Shedinja will have the move as well. This is also the reason that Shedinja cannot have Baton Pass on the same set together with Agility or Swords Dance.

For the move "Mirror Coat"
Does it bounce back spikes and stealth rock as well??? Or only things like Hypnosis, and spore??

What codes can be detected in a pokemon when you check them using the Hack Check? I mean: IV-checking code, Cloning, Quick hatch or pokes obtained trough hacked items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)