Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
In D/P are the berries given out free each day (eg in Pastoria) completely random, or do they depend other factors, like the time of the day?

They're given out at random, but the three people who give them out have a subset of berries that they are limited to give the player.

I'm really anxious for nNU. Any clue on how long it will be setup?
Little Cup pretty much covers the gamut of most NU pokemon, so I don't see why the Smogon administration would waste their time testing a tier that is never used, lol.

I thought little cup was level five pre-evos, while nu is just the tier below uu, which would include stuff like uxie and hitmonlee. Quite different if you ask me.

oh ic, so i just have to keep battling the guy over and over again and i cant even find out the nature until later? :/ It's not worth the trouble i guess..
Although you can't see its nature directly, you can see its stats. You just look up the stat ranges for each nature and see with which nature that stats it has fit.

It's not gonna get much more simple than that. If you couldn't understand it there, chances are it'll be a little too complicated for you to grasp.

Question about Wonder Guard. I tried a Skill Swap double battle set, but when I tried to Skill Swap Wonder Guard, it didn't work. Why? o.o

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's not gonna get much more simple than that. If you couldn't understand it there, chances are it'll be a little too complicated for you to grasp.

Question about Wonder Guard. I tried a Skill Swap double battle set, but when I tried to Skill Swap Wonder Guard, it didn't work. Why? o.o
Because it doesn't work. Otherwise... well, everyone else would be using it.

Oh, and you can't Role Play it either. I think you can Trace it, though...

Breeding question...

I'm trying to breed a 31 / x / x / 31 / 31 / 31. I figure most likely circumstance is that I will have 3 triple flawless parents, so I checked X-Acts's guide to see what I should aim for to have the highest possible chance of getting that spread.

I checked, and the best chance for that spread with 2 triple flawless parents is to use two x / x / x / 31 / 31 / 31 parents. So apparently I've been going at this all wrong as I was trying to get a 31 HP parent as well. Why is it that it's easier to use those parents and just fluke a 31 HP? It seems like it would make more sense for at least one parent to have one of the 31 IVs you're shooting for.

Breeding question...

I'm trying to breed a 31 / x / x / 31 / 31 / 31. I figure most likely circumstance is that I will have 3 triple flawless parents, so I checked X-Acts's guide to see what I should aim for to have the highest possible chance of getting that spread.

I checked, and the best chance for that spread with 2 triple flawless parents is to use two x / x / x / 31 / 31 / 31 parents. So apparently I've been going at this all wrong as I was trying to get a 31 HP parent as well. Why is it that it's easier to use those parents and just fluke a 31 HP? It seems like it would make more sense for at least one parent to have one of the 31 IVs you're shooting for.
The short explanation is because in DP, Attack, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed have the highest chance of being inherited from one of the parents while Defense has a lower chance, and HP has an even lower chance. That's just how the game was made.

EDIT: If you want to read the long explanation, try here: http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/breeding_guide_part1#3A

I have a question, anybody with a damage calc please help me out. :O

Choice Scarf Heracross
Adamant and Max Attack

How much damage would Night Slash do against your standard Rotom-H? I dunno if most run max defense in OU...

Choice Scarf Heracross
Adamant and Max Attack

How much damage would Night Slash do against your standard Rotom-H? I dunno if most run max defense in OU...
It does between 114 and 134 damage. This is on +Def natured max Defense Rotom-H.

haunter

Banned deucer.

Choice Scarf Heracross
Adamant and Max Attack

max hp\ max def rotom-h takes 37.83% - 44.41%, the standard sleep-talk rotom-h runs 252 hp\120 def which means it will take 42.11% - 49.34% from max atk choice scarf heracross.

ok i want to ev train my Zapdos in speed.

i have Zapdos holding Power Anklet and is infected with Pokerus

and for speed im killing off Staravias wich give 2speed evs but with pokerus and the anklet how much evs is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)