Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I activated Mystery Gift with the Everyone Happy Wi-Fi Connection answers in the 3rd story of the Jublife TV station. What else do I have to do to get the Secret Key to change Rotom's forms?

I activated Mystery Gift with the Everyone Happy Wi-Fi Connection answers in the 3rd story of the Jublife TV station. What else do I have to do to get the Secret Key to change Rotom's forms?
Go onto Mystery Gift from the main menu, select "Get via Nintendo WFC," and it should locate and download for you.

Toys 'R' Us will be giving away the Secret Key from April 19th to 26th. But for those of you nowhere near one, the Key will also be given away over Wi-Fi from April 20th to May 12th. Since both distributions will be done through Mystery Gift, make sure you have that feature unlocked in Platinum by talking to the producer guy on the third floor of Jubilife TV. Answer his first question with "EVERYONE HAPPY", and his second with "WI-FI CONNECTION". Once you save the game afterward and turn off the power, Mystery Gift will be available on the game start menu.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Does mold breaker ignore unaware? like if Ramparados used swords dance, then used earthquake on a Bibarel with the ability simple would the damage be calculated with ramparados's attack being +2 or like he had no boosts at all?

Does mold breaker ignore unaware? like if Ramparados used swords dance, then used earthquake on a Bibarel with the ability simple would the damage be calculated with ramparados's attack being +2 or like he had no boosts at all?
Yes.

Cool, thanks guys. How do you manipulate the trophy garden to having dittos? Changing the ds date doesn't work.
Save in front of the dude. Talk to him, if it isn't ditto, reset and repeat.

I don't know if you mean via STAB or what. Fighting/Ghost will hit everything neutral, so anything that can use that combo will go unresisted. Boltbeam is praise for hitting most everything neutral (not quite everything). Salamence can hit everything at least neutral (feels like a super effective blow with Outrage) with Outrage, Fire Blast, and Earthquake. Electivire has movesets that hit up to 13 of the 17 types super effectively.

So if the opponent's HP is greater than 1/2, it will break the sub (as it'll do 1/4 damage).

Complete luck.
Thank you, I have a Lucario that can hit everything for netural damage with Close Combat and Crunch(The coverege is the same as ghost, no?) So yeah, mind giving me an example of a good Electivire?

Thank you, I have a Lucario that can hit everything for netural damage with Close Combat and Crunch(The coverege is the same as ghost, no?) So yeah, mind giving me an example of a good Electivire?
if heracross and toxicroak are not a problem for you, then yes.

otherwise, shadow ball is better for hitting everything for at least neutral damage

So yeah, mind giving me an example of a good Electivire?
The classic Electivire moveset that hits 13 out of the 17 types for super-effective damage is ThunderPunch/Ice Punch/Earthquake/Cross Chop. However, it is quite easily walled, and a Specially-based mixed set (Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/HP Ice or Grass/Cross Chop), which can hit 10 or 11 of the 17 types for super-effective damage (depending on your choice of Hidden Power), has become more popular, although any Electivire generally isn't the best choice in this metagame.

Check out http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/electivire for more info. Hope I helped!

Thank you Misdreavus, that did help.

I have a question that's been bugging me for a while, I was looking at the stat modifire article, and it says to multiply stat times 4 to find out a Pokemon's stat after it has +6, so does this mean I multiply Lucario's Atk (350) times 4? Sounds too crazy, I'm most likely wrong... And another thing, when a move is STABED how much stronger is it?

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Each stat boost only modifies according to the original attack. This is how you wind up with a 4x multiplier from +6 stat boosts. Each stat boost will add on 1.5 * (original stat). So for a Lucario with 350 attack:

stage 0: 350 + 350 * 0 = 350
stage 1: 350 + (350 * 0.5) = 525
stage 2: 350 + (350 * 0.5) + (350 * 0.5) = 700
stage 3: 350 + (350 * 0.5) + (350 * 0.5) + (350 * 0.5) = 875

etc etc...I can't think of a simpler way to demonstrate it than this.

STAB is an additional multiplier which essentially multiplies the attack's base power by 1.5. So when Gyarados uses Waterfall, the essential base power is 120, since 80 * 1.5 = 120. Similarly, the base power for Lucario's Close Combat is 180, since 120 * 1.5 = 180.

Pokemon A is holding Macho Brace, Pokemon B is holding EXP Share. A wild Whismur is killed by Pokemon A. If I understand correctly, Pokemon A receives 2 HP EVs and Pokemon B receives 1?

Just a question, i've been looking for sprites, so would this,
copied right off the smogon anaylisis page be banned for some strange reason?

haunter

Banned deucer.
What exactly is a "CRO" pokemon?
About the etymology:

Suicune analysis said:
A combination of above sets, carried over from Advance where a Smogonite named Cromat popularized the set
Usually a CRO pokemon is a pokemon which has the moveset: rest-sleep talk- calm mind- an attacking move.

Cro-cune, Cro-tomb, Cro-phy come to mind.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
About the etymology:

Usually a CRO pokemon is a pokemon which has the moveset: rest-sleep talk- calm mind- an attacking move.

Cro-cune, Cro-tomb, Cro-phy come to mind.
Just to add onto that, Crophy(Manaphy) doesn't use Sleep Talk, instead it uses Rain Dance.

Just a question, i've been looking for sprites, so would this,
copied right off the smogon anaylisis page be banned for some strange reason?
No.

Also adding to the "Cro-" prefix, it doesn't necessarily have to be Calm Mind, it can be any stat up move (though attack/defense increases are most common, like Curse).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)