Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I give Weavile 40HP EVs, or just max attack and speed? If so, 6 leftovers for Def to round-down LO/SR recoil?
max attack so you can cause the most damage since ice shard, one of your primary attacks, is quite lacking in base power. max speed so you ran out run the other, albeit rare, +natured base 125's.

max attack so you can cause the most damage since ice shard, one of your primary attacks, is quite lacking in base power. max speed so you ran out run the other, albeit rare, +natured base 125's.
Actually, you can't outrun other +natured base 125's if they have also maxed their speed. All you can do is take it to a speed tie, and relying on a speed tie going in your favour is a terrible strategy.

If you are worried about outspeeding other Weavile that invest 216 EVs into speed, you can run 220 EVs to outspeed those.

Oh yeah, and max attack is a must.

But how can +10HP aid such a fragil Pokemon? It doesn't even reach 300HP!
Also, Jolly 252Atk/6Def/252Spe for Choice Scarf Medicham? I want to use Rock slide for it's wonderful coverage and flinch rate-Bugs do resist Fighting, and a X4 against Articyuno and Moltres is very handy!

Does anyone have a suggestion for a final member of this team?

Metagross
Tyranitar
Infernape
Rotom
Vaporeon

It's an in-game team, but I might want to use it competitively too and at first glance what is missing?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a final member of this team?

Metagross
Tyranitar
Infernape
Rotom
Vaporeon

It's an in-game team, but I might want to use it competitively too and at first glance what is missing?
hmm 3 ground weaknesses and no sr weaknesses, salamence or gyrados. Put in mixmence if tyranitars a sweeper

Trying to decide on a EV spread for my Calm, ParaFlinch Togekiss.

It's IVs are as follows:
HP - 27
Atk- 26
Def- 28
SpA-31
SpD-30
Spd-28

I know 252 EVs for HP are a given, but I'm not sure what to do after that. I thought about dumping 252 into SpD, but then I wonder about SpA. I wonder if I should dump some in there, but then I tell myself it's not a sweeping Poke, so I'm not too sure what to do. Should I put some in both SpA and SpD(if so, any suggestions), just SpD, or SpD and maybe defense?

To get past walls who only make the minimum investment in speed (4 EV's).

The same logic applies to CB Groudon, who uses 8 Spe EV's to get 2 Dragon Claws on Giratina, who is also base 90.

To get past walls who only make the minimum investment in speed (4 EV's).

The same logic applies to CB Groudon, who uses 8 Spe EV's to get 2 Dragon Claws on Giratina, who is also base 90.
But the only pokemon in the same speed tier as scizor are umbreon and vaporeon. Umbreon isn't even ou and and runs negative speed for it's curse set and 164 evs for its others. Vaporeon runs 68 or 128 speed evs, whats the point? Even other scizors will run 8 or 224 so Scizor either loses the speed tie or is outsped completly, and its not like scizors have any good moves against one another so it'll always be a switch out.

How does the judge in the Platinum battle tower work?
I know he deals with IVs but I'm not sure what exactly he means.
I asked this question some time ago; xwraith come up with some rough estimates:

If the average of IVs is ~30 he'll say the pokemon has outstanding potential
average is ~25, relatively superior potential
average is ~20, above average potential
average is ~15 or below, decent potential

He'll also say which stat has the highest IV. If the pokemon has multiple stats of that value, he'll say one of those stats in random

If the value of the highest stat = 31, he says "it can't be better in that regard"
value of highest stat = ~30, "fantastic in that regard"
value of highest stat = ~20-25, "very good..."
value of highest stat = ~15 and below, "rather decent..."
Hope it helps.

is it possible to EV train this way?

So i wasn't sure if this question was simple enough for the "Ask a simple question thread" as I the answer could be a lot more complicated than I imagine.

Anyways, I'm extremely lazy and not totally into the EV training thing as it takes forever. I was wondering if you could just like use one pokemon and play a lot and kill a lot of pokemon, and then use the EV removing berries on all the stats you don't want EVs in. I'm also wondering if when you have 0 EVs in something, the berry that removes that EV will tell you. Like "This berry had no effect" or something.

For instance: Say I have a garchomp. I want it to have its EVs in attack and speed. I'm not too worried about being overly exact, as I don't care that much, and I'm only using these pokemon to battle similarly lazy, yet mildly knowledgeable pokemon players, so I'm not going to worry about the few leftover EVs. Say I buy all the proteins and carbos (I think those are the right items) and feed em to my garchomp. Then I proceed to play the game a lot and stuff, and after a while and a lot of pokemon defeated, I use the berries that remove EVs in HP, Def, SpA, SpD, etc. Then I battle a bunch again, and repeat. Will this work? I feel like it'll be less work to do than purposefully training, and only fighting the right pokemon. Also, I'd be doing the training as I play the game.

Thoughts? Am I dumb? Is this more work than just EV training?
(also don't tell me to not EV train, and it not being worth it for casual battling, as is seemingly the answer given to a lot of people who ask questions about EVs.That doesn't answer my question.)

The method of EV-training you described will not work, since EVs max out at 255 and you want them to get to 252 while EV-training so that you can get the extra stat point. By your method, you miss the extra stat point.

The extra point generally won't matter, but...sonofashrub, the method you suggested is probably more work than it is worth. If you're going to knock wild pokemon out left and right, you might as well focus on the pokemon that will give you the EV's you desire, instead of wasting berries (which you have to spend extra time growing and watering anyway). Using one of those stat-reducing berries will notify you if the stat can't be lowered anymore (due to lack of EV's to erase).

There are methods for reducing the time it takes to EV train. Find a Pokemon with Pokerus (asking someone to trade you one is the easiest way), and make it hold a Macho Brace or one of the Power items. If you come prepared it'll be much faster. There are guides for EV training and the ideal hotspots on the site, check them out and don't be such a Slaking. :P

can someone send me a link to where i can find out about catching good IV legends in Emerald, and DPPt? I have never tried to understand all that because it seemed way over my head but I'm going to give it a shot. Do i need a AR to do it?

I'm trying to build a team for my friend based on SD Drapion (Night Slash, EQ, Ice Fang, SD). What are his main OU counters? Also, does anyone know a specific Pokemon or 2 that would be very crucial for setting up his sweep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)