Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Atk Poke'mon can be considered the best for type coverage?
I don't know if you mean via STAB or what. Fighting/Ghost will hit everything neutral, so anything that can use that combo will go unresisted. Boltbeam is praise for hitting most everything neutral (not quite everything). Salamence can hit everything at least neutral (feels like a super effective blow with Outrage) with Outrage, Fire Blast, and Earthquake. Electivire has movesets that hit up to 13 of the 17 types super effectively.

How is the damage calculated for a pokemon using Super Fang on a Substitute?
Substitute analysis said:
Super Fang does damage based on the Pokémon's HP, not the Substitute's.
So if the opponent's HP is greater than 1/2, it will break the sub (as it'll do 1/4 damage).

So I just lost to a noob due to 76 critical hits... All I was doing was healing and I still lost. He had Leftovers and it wasn't a superluck Pokemon. How is that possible? (The battle lasted a total of no more than 90 turns)
Complete luck.

Well if it's over wifi it's very possible that it could be hacked (I wouldn't bank on it though). If it's on Shoddy, then yeah, complete luck =/ It's not bugged or it would have been found a lot sooner, and the crit aspect has been reviewed a ton I'm sure because people have similar superhax situations.

I just have a quick question:
Can you use the new rotom forms in an online battle? If you can't, then there isn't really any point to it, right? (other than novelty)

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They can't be used in wifi battles, only link battles / local wireless.

Here is my quesiton for some of you, when I remake this thread in a bit; does anyone think it would be worthwhile for me to create a list of frequently asked questions (like the above) so some of the questions don't get asked over and over again? (I'm asking since if no one is going to read them, I'm not going to waste my time going through the thread to figure out the frequently asked questions lol).

Then I guess I am just a very unlucky person, consider I've had 23-turn freezes, 3 consective 5-turn sleeps, 5 consecutive misses on non-modified Air Slash (95% Acc.) and miss on all 8 PPs of Overheat (90%) acc...

Sigh.

Then I was fighting Garchomp. I miss, opponent crit on my Garchomp in sandstorm...

Finally, yesterday I lost my WiFi record streak on 199...

Here is my quesiton for some of you, when I remake this thread in a bit; does anyone think it would be worthwhile for me to create a list of frequently asked questions (like the above) so some of the questions don't get asked over and over again?
So soon? Anyhow, yes. Along with answering common questions, it would be very helpful to link people directly to the items and moves sections, where a lot of common questions are answered with ease. You should put a header in bold capital letters in the first post for those that go straight to the last page (they'll likely see the preview), which should prevent people ignoring the helpful info in the first post.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Funny thing is, I run a supporting Shaymin on my OU team but it used to be a Celebi. The only difference between the movesets was Celebi had Recover whereas Shaymin had Rest, and in testing, Rest proved to be more useful because of its total healing. The single bug weakness and neutrality to Pursuit also helped.
The problem is that rest forces you to switch out, nonetheless, the only useful support moves shaymin learns are leech seed and aromatherapy. Not to mention that the psychic type makes Celebi a good Machamp counter.

Here is my quesiton for some of you, when I remake this thread in a bit; does anyone think it would be worthwhile for me to create a list of frequently asked questions (like the above) so some of the questions don't get asked over and over again? (I'm asking since if no one is going to read them, I'm not going to waste my time going through the thread to figure out the frequently asked questions lol).
Yes Caelum, a FAQ section would be really useful since a lot of question asked here are redundant (or already answered several times). ^__^

Breloom? Payback can't be too nice to Celebi...
Breloom is kind of different. It more annoys and actually sweeps teams sometimes. The support grasses usually just support the team through field hazards, status, healing, and the like. Breloom just Spores and Seeds (although it's quite good at it).

Payback isn't used THAT much, used (off the top of my head) by the rare Curse Tar (more common versions who usually just use Crunch on Celebi anyway), Umbreon (who really won't do a lot of damage without some boosts), Ambipom (???), and Machamp. The only one that is much of a threat with it is Machamp while he can just DynamicPunch away at Shaymin. So I don't really know what I'm talking about now. ._.

Umm.. I have a simple question.

If two opposing Pokemon have Imprison, does using the first Pokemon using Imprison lock the Imprison of the other?

Since threads on individual Pokemon are not allowed I was wondering if I could ask such a question here.

Is Choice-Specs Salamence of any use? Most people are going to send in a Physical wall considering that only 2% of Salamence are Specs versions. Eliminating or crippling a physical wall would greatly benefit Scizor, and other physical attackers.

Though I am guessing there is some reason the set only sees 2% in use. Is it really just that inferior to the DD set or does it still have some use in setting up other Physical Sweepers?

Oh and could someone tell me what the average teams is nowadays (I'm guessing the top 6 Pokemon in usage)?

Is Choice-Specs Salamence of any use?
Well, it does catch the usual Salamence switch-ins quite well. However, your main move, Draco Meteor, halves your Special Attack so you'll be switching quite a lot, having Stealth Rock take it's toll if it's up. Also, once your opponent catches on, it's walled indefinitely by the usual Special Sponge, Blissey.

Misdreavus said:
Even if I have 2+ Rotoms, I can't get more than one Rotom-A at a time, right?
I'm pretty sure that's true.

Is Choice-Specs Salamence of any use? Most people are going to send in a Physical wall considering that only 2% of Salamence are Specs versions. Eliminating or crippling a physical wall would greatly benefit Scizor, and other physical attackers.

Though I am guessing there is some reason the set only sees 2% in use. Is it really just that inferior to the DD set or does it still have some use in setting up other Physical Sweepers?
Well even Physical Walls have issues with 'Mence, considering he usually always has a special move. Specs can work and surprise people, but stealth rock REALLY hinders its versitility. MixMence will get more mileage.

Oh and could someone tell me what the average teams is nowadays (I'm guessing the top 6 Pokemon in usage)?
Um, no. There is no "most common team" stat, but the most accurate you could probably get is by looking at Scizor's teammate stats. Again, that's still not a good measure as some of them aren't seen together.

Could someone supply me a link to the Appliance Rotom sets?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75

is it easier to breed pokes with all 31 ivs or all 0 ivs.
Equal probability for both, all external factors excluded.

Well, it does catch the usual Salamence switch-ins quite well. However, your main move, Draco Meteor, halves your Special Attack so you'll be switching quite a lot, having Stealth Rock take it's toll if it's up. Also, once your opponent catches on, it's walled indefinitely by the usual Special Sponge, Blissey.
Good. I never intended to use him as a main sweeper so the SR weakness is not a major issue. I was just planning on saving him until later in the game and then breaking him out to catch and eliminate an annoying physical wall on the switch. I was only worried that the set was proven inferior to the Mixmence/DD set in terms of doing just that.

Oh and would anyone mind holding a pm chat with me? I want to make a team and I could use some help.

:Just found someone to chat with about the team. Ignore my request.

Ok, I know this question gets asked a lot, but what are the benefits of Jolly/Hasty Tyranitar 252 SPE vs Adamant 252 SPE? I tried searching for it, but I got no luck.

I know Jolly outruns a lot of threats, but not sure which. I'm trying to make a mixed set.

Ok, I know this question gets asked a lot, but what are the benefits of Jolly/Hasty Tyranitar 252 SPE vs Adamant 252 SPE? I tried searching for it, but I got no luck.

I know Jolly outruns a lot of threats, but not sure which. I'm trying to make a mixed set.
Well, the analysis only accounts for a DD boost or Choice Scarf. So, looking at Tyranitar fourth in the chart here, it should outspeed everything below it (without boosts) on that chart.

If I were to transfer a Rhyhorn or Rhydon from Emerald, and it had Lightningrod, would it keep Lightningrod or have a chance for its ability to be changed to Rock Head?

For that matter, if Rhydon has Lightningrod, when it evolves into Rhyperior it gets Solid Rock, yes?

If I were to transfer a Rhyhorn or Rhydon from Emerald, and it had Lightningrod, would it keep Lightningrod or have a chance for its ability to be changed to Rock Head?

For that matter, if Rhydon has Lightningrod, when it evolves into Rhyperior it gets Solid Rock, yes?
It'll have a 50/50 chance of changing.

And no, unless it's imported (for a 50/50 chance). (sorry, read it wrong).

Does Natural Gift grant the pinch berries effect upon being used? Or does it just disappear?
No. Smogon's Natural Gift page will tell you what it does. And yes, the berry disappears after use (excluding wifi, battle tower, and Shoddy).

No, if it has Lightningrod it keeps Lightningrod.

not sure about the first part but lightning rod rhydon evolves into lightning rod rhyperior, rock head rhydon evolves into solid rock rhyperior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)