Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, ok. Thanks. By the way, how does Gardevoir learn Will-O-Wisp? I assume it learns Thunderbolt by TM, and I know it learns Psychic and Calm Mind naturally.

EDIT: To Atmosphere: I'm 85% sure about this-the box trick,sadly, does not work in DP.
can someone confirm this?

Nah, I don't think I'll use Wish.

So three Gardy questions: 1. How do I breed Will-O-Wisp onto Ralts?
2. How do I get Will-O-Wisp on Dusclops? 3. Why T-Bolt? Wouldn't Ice Beam be better? (It would be more convenient for me anyway, but I'll use Tbolt if it's the better move on Gardy.)
You could use Dusclops. I opted instead for Banette, but that's me. Shuppet / Banette learn WoW at lv 23, 10 levels earlier than Dusclops. And yes, T-Bolt is generally regarded as a standard option; Ice Beam being unavailable makes it kind of a moot point, hahah.

So right now, I'm breeding for a Chansey in Emerald. How would I keep passing on good stats from the parent to the offspring if all I can breed with is a Ditto if one stat from Ditto has 31 and Chansey has more than perfect stat? How would I pass the one I need there down to the offspring?

So right now, I'm breeding for a Chansey in Emerald. How would I keep passing on good stats from the parent to the offspring if all I can breed with is a Ditto if one stat from Ditto has 31 and Chansey has more than perfect stat? How would I pass the one I need there down to the offspring?
Start with a generic Chansey, and breed it with your first perfect-IV ditto until you get a kid Chansey that has the perfect IV.

Then use the one-perfect-Chansey and breed it with the next perfect-IV ditto, until you get a kid Chansey that has two perfect IVs.

Then, use the two-perfect-Chansey, and breed it with the next perfect-IV ditto, until you get a kid Chansey that has three perfect IVs.

Start with a generic Chansey, and breed it with your first perfect-IV ditto until you get a kid Chansey that has the perfect IV.

Then use the one-perfect-Chansey and breed it with the next perfect-IV ditto, until you get a kid Chansey that has two perfect IVs.

Then, use the two-perfect-Chansey, and breed it with the next perfect-IV ditto, until you get a kid Chansey that has three perfect IVs.
I was reading the breeding guide and it said there's a way you can pass down all IVs to the offpsring. I'm just trying to get 5 perfect IVs though on it. =P.

Also, I -thought- I read a formula somewhere saying selfdestruct and/or explosion damage was dependent on how much HP the user had left. Is that true?
No. Explosion and Self-Destruct deal full damage regardless of the user's HP.

There are some moves that deal damage based on the user's HP, but these are not those moves.

He was just teasing you. =)

Now, I have a Timid Espeon. I've managed 78 SpDef EVs, but I recently found out that it has an abysmal SpDef IV, something close to 1 or 2. I will be supplying it with 122 SpDef IVs in total, but I'm just worried that such a low IV will be a real damper. Will this prove highly problematic? It still has perfect / near-perfect IVs in SpAtk and Spd, as well as respectable ones in HP and Def. Plus, I'd just hate to throw out an Espeon: it's my favorite.

quick answer to Too_Hungry, you can't, breeding guide and common statistics dictate that "at most" probability-wise, from the pool of all 12 individual stats that the 2 parents can pass (H,A,D,SA,SD,SP)x2, you will most commonly draw 3 of them onto the 6 that the child pokemon inherits, after that, it's a crapshoot.

expanded quick answer:

so even if you had two parents with perfect IVs in 3 stats (a feat that few can bear the patience to accomplish already), it'd be a 1/300+ chance or .3% that you'll get 5 PERFECT IVs, even less so if the perfect IVs that the parents have are Physical Defense or HP.

In short, rolling the dice with eggs is fun, but thank the stars if you see something like 20/31/25/23/31/31

because you just got lucky :o

You could use Dusclops. I opted instead for Banette, but that's me. Shuppet / Banette learn WoW at lv 23, 10 levels earlier than Dusclops. And yes, T-Bolt is generally regarded as a standard option; Ice Beam being unavailable makes it kind of a moot point, hahah.
IRT Masock:

Sorry about getting the name wrong. Doing a lot of stuff at once. Anyway, you really need to check out this site:

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/

FYI, Dusclops learns WoW naturally @ lvl 33.
Gardevoir can't learn Ice Beam o_o
Thanks a million everyone. Lol, I totally forgot Gardy can't learn Ice Beam x.x. So I just train Shuppet up and breed with Gardy for a WoW Ralts, and teach it T-Bolt. Thanks again.

What's my best option for a Pokemon that needs an item like CB but cannot equip one due to another Pokemon using it already. This Pokemon uses all physical attacks so Choice Specs aren't applicable here.

Expert Belt, perhaps?

So how would I be able to pass 4 of Chansey's IVs with a Ditto that only has one perfect IV?
You can't actually pass more than 3 IVs. The game never copies over more than three total from the two parents.

But you can get lucky, and roll perfect IVs on the other stats that aren't carried over.

So even if you have Chansey, 31/31/31/31/31/31 and Ditto, 31/31/31/31/31/31, you're only ever going to get three 31s from the parents. HOWEVER, the kid might just have been born with three more 31s, anyway. This is "only" around a 1 in 16,384 chance (that the baby had 3 31s to start with).

You can't actually pass more than 3 IVs. The game never copies over more than three total from the two parents.

But you can get lucky, and roll perfect IVs on the other stats that aren't carried over.

So even if you have Chansey, 31/31/31/31/31/31 and Ditto, 31/31/31/31/31/31, you're only ever going to get three 31s from the parents. HOWEVER, the kid might just have been born with three more 31s, anyway. This is "only" around a 1 in 16,384 chance (that the baby had 3 31s to start with).
So is there a higher percentage that you can get higher IVs if the parents have higher IVs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)