Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably REALLY obvious/simple, but ever since I got my first copy of pokemon ruby, I've NEVER been able to figure it out >_>

You know how if you go to Gallade's entry on Serebii, it's first moves are leaf blade and night slash. Yeah, how do you get those first moves (and on other pokemon)?

Please excuse my SUPER noobness. >_>

This is probably REALLY obvious/simple, but ever since I got my first copy of pokemon silver, I've NEVER been able to figure it out >_>

You know how if you go to Gallade's entry on Serebii, it's first moves are leaf blade and night slash. Yeah, how do you get those first moves (and on other pokemon)?

Please excuse my SUPER noobness. >_>
No problem. If you have a Heart Scale, go to the Move Tutor (he's in a house in Pastoria) and ask him to make your Gallade or whatever relearn moves. Leaf Blade and Night Slash will be up there. This works for anything- Blaziken, Alakazam, Medicham, whatever.

I have a Shiny Hacked Aggron. (It seems hacked anyway)
It has the following IV's
30/30/31/30/31/30 but the person I traded with has always given my legit pokemon in the past. Do you think that there is a chance that there is a Shiny Aron hatched in Hooen and cloned?

this is probably a n00b question but I guess that's what this topic was made for. In the DP analysis section there are a few topics about SCMS is up and to move analysis's there. whats SCMS?

I have a Shiny Hacked Aggron. (It seems hacked anyway)
It has the following IV's
30/30/31/30/31/30 but the person I traded with has always given my legit pokemon in the past. Do you think that there is a chance that there is a Shiny Aron hatched in Hooen and cloned?
That's such an improbability I would probably not even consider the possibility of it being legit.

this is probably a n00b question but I guess that's what this topic was made for. In the DP analysis section there are a few topics about SCMS is up and to move analysis's there. whats SCMS?
It's just somewhere that articles need to be moved before they can be placed on the site. Don't worry about it.

It's something like software they use to manage all the website's files. It's not something normal users can view - that I know of.

What are the major differences between Stealth Rock and Spikes? Spikes take longer to setup but do more damage when 3 layers are down whereas Stealth Rock doesn't do as much damage to Pokemon who aren't weak to rock.

What do I go with on my Skarm (standard set)? I currently have Spikes but I have yet to get down all three layers before I have to switch/roost/phaze away.

Besides inheriting 3 ivs from parents, they're totally random right? If my parents have higher IVs will the kids have them too? If the parents have low ivs will the kids have low ivs?

What are the major differences between Stealth Rock and Spikes? Spikes take longer to setup but do more damage when 3 layers are down whereas Stealth Rock doesn't do as much damage to Pokemon who aren't weak to rock.

What do I go with on my Skarm (standard set)? I currently have Spikes but I have yet to get down all three layers before I have to switch/roost/phaze away.
Spikes X3 is 25% on all non flying types. Stealth rock is 1/8th for neutral to rock, 1/4th to pokemon weak to rock, half to four times weak to rock (like ho-oh) and 1/16th to those resistant to rock.

Besides inheriting 3 ivs from parents, they're totally random right? If my parents have higher IVs will the kids have them too? If the parents have low ivs will the kids have low ivs?
A poke egg starts with 6 random IVs. Then it sucks 3 random IVs from the 12 the parents have.

Aside from that, nothing influences kid-IVs. Having parents with higher average IVs doesn't affect the 6 random IVs of the kid (other than the three that get passed).

Honestly the biggest difference is Stealth Rock sets up in one turn, as opposed to spikes. Generally, it'll do more damage than 1 turn of spikes, too, so it's almost always recommended in the fast-paced metagame of D/P.

Stealth Rock has a base damage of 12.5%, modified by your resistance to rock. If you're 0.5x strong against it, you'll only take 6.25%. If you're 4x weak to rock, you'll take a whopping 50% health (more than spikes ever does).

Basically SR is useful if you know your opponent is running Ho-oh or Charizard. You can also use it with Blissey in a combo with triple Spikes. (Switch in Skarm, Spikes, Switch out, Blissey uses SR.)

Spikes is the default thought, and you're not going to see many Ho-oh's. Charizards..eh, I've seen some but not too many. One good thing though, SR takes a viable chunk outta Nape.

EDIT: Disregard this crap, everyone before me just gave a far better explanation.

Honestly the biggest difference is Stealth Rock sets up in one turn, as opposed to spikes. Generally, it'll do more damage than 1 turn of spikes, too, so it's almost always recommended in the fast-paced metagame of D/P.

Stealth Rock has a base damage of 12.5%, modified by your resistance to rock. If you're 0.5x strong against it, you'll only take 6.25%. If you're 4x weak to rock, you'll take a whopping 50% health (more than spikes ever does).

Okay, thanks. I'm going to go with SR over Spikes for now. I can always change back.

Is it possible to have Spikes and SR laid down? If so, I might teach SR to my Swampert.

EDIT: It appears both Spikes and SR are possible so I'm going to go ahead and teach SR to my Swampert.

Yeah it is possible to have both, I've seen it.

SR + Spikes isn't a bad combo. Get something in that uses SR, switch to Skarm, Spike, then Roar for damage, (and type coverage, you don't wan't something like Perior covering Skarm)

I have just gotten an Adamant Ditto with 31 IV Speed. Now if I'm making a Physical Sweeper, I should try to get a Ditto [does the nature matter now?] with 31 IV Attack, correct?

I have just gotten an Adamant Ditto with 31 IV Speed. Now if I'm making a Physical Sweeper, I should try to get a Ditto [does the nature matter now?] with 31 IV Attack, correct?
If you're aiming for an Adamant 31Atk/31Spe sweeper, then no the nature won't matter on the 2nd one. You can:

Atk Ditto + Poke -> Poke w/ 31 Atk
Adamant Spe Ditto + Poke w/ 31 Atk -> Adamant Female Poke w/ 31Atk/Spe

However, if you're planning on using your 31Atk ditto in other cases, it might matter what its nature is later... ;-)

You can always get a lead with Synchronize to increase the chances of a desirable personality.

If you're aiming for an Adamant 31Atk/31Spe sweeper, then no the nature won't matter on the 2nd one. You can:

Atk Ditto + Poke -> Poke w/ 31 Atk
Adamant Spe Ditto + Poke w/ 31 Atk -> Adamant Female Poke w/ 31Atk/Spe

However, if you're planning on using your 31Atk ditto in other cases, it might matter what its nature is later... ;-)

You can always get a lead with Synchronize to increase the chances of a desirable personality.
On the bolded one, it would hold Everstone to pass down the Adamant nature, correct? Also, for a Physical Sweeper, which 3 stats would 31 IV be the best in? Atk, Spd, and...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)