Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Self-solved my huge problem but sadly it wasn't worth keeping the posted words.

Can Milotic with a choice scarf or choice specs in OU? And does it want Modest or Timid?
With 31/252 IVs/EVs in both special attack and speed with a speed boosting nature it can do good with specs...Its like a bulkier Starmie with less speed. Oh and less weaknesses, so I really don't see why no one uses it, though I haven't really ever competed. The only thing I see that could be wrong is that without maxed speed (minus the scarf) any Pokemon that has max speed and over a 100 base speed stat would outrun it (though Milotic can take a hit)....depends on how many base speed 101+ Pokemon are in OU.
If you want I'll check my multiple Feebas I just bred, they all have 31 in special attack and quite a few in speed, I have at least one speed boosting nature one I think (oh and they all have hypnosis).

Will a Choice Spec'd Hidden Power GRASS, with a base power of 70, coming from a Modest 252 SPATT Gyarados OHKO a Swampert with 252 HP Ev's?
Yea, I like novelty movesets.

Will a Choice Spec'd Hidden Power GRASS, with a base power of 70, coming from a Modest 252 SPATT Gyarados OHKO a Swampert with 252 HP Ev's?
Yea, I like novelty movesets.
Depends on its special attack IV, and the Swampert's special defense.
On average it'll do 224 if you have an IV of 0 and he has 31 IV special defense boosting nature with 252 in special defense and HP, so he'd have 180 life left.

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/damage.php
All you have to do is input your stats (if you don't have the Pokemon or deciding which to get then look up their stats on Serebii's IV calculator with your EVs IVs and nature) then input their defense (same thing except for your opponent and their defense).

Oh and don't forget to add your choice specs bonus, you can either put it in the hold items (which I forgot haha) or just add the bonus to his special attack.

Ericcc's Signature said:
NO "LEGIT HACKS"! - I try to mix it up and have originality when battling. You should try to do so as well.
And props to you, thats how it should be played and how its fun.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I was just wondering, even though latias is uber now are we still able to see the strategydex section that covers latias in OU?? I still use latias in OU with some of my friends and I'd like to take a look at the old strategydex entries for OU. Is it like deleted forever, or can we still see it?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2100041

If the link doesn't work, just search up Latias in the Uploaded Analyses subforum.

If you have the nature Egg you want, since nature is predetermined before birth, if you keep on turning it on and off, give you a chance of a shiny?

nature is detirmined when the man begins to hold the egg, as is shinyness. THe only thing chosen when you pick the egg up are ivs, so reseting any time after the egg shows up wit the man will only change the ivs

nature is detirmined when the man begins to hold the egg, as is shinyness. THe only thing chosen when you pick the egg up are ivs, so reseting any time after the egg shows up wit the man will only change the ivs
so your saying that the shininess is also predetermined?

can u breed 2 metagross together or is the only way to breed it with a ditto?
The only Pokémon you can breed Metagross, Metang or Beldum with is Ditto, which gives you a Beldum. There's no way to breed two genderless Pokémon together unless one is Ditto, even if they're of the same species.

I wanted to report that if a lucky egg is knock off in battle, the experience points are still doubled i thought i was rather un expected :)

1. Does the heal from Aqua Ring and Ingrain stack?

2. Can an Ingrained Poké be hit by spikes and ground type moves?

3. I quote the quote from the OP:

• No, you can't have an image in your signature unless you have a badge.
  • No, you can't rate threads unless you have badge either.
What is and how do I get the mentioned badges?

haunter

Banned deucer.
1. Does the heal from Aqua Ring and Ingrain stack?

2. Can an Ingrained Poké be hit by spikes and ground type moves?

3. I quote the quote from the OP:

What is and how do I get the mentioned badges?
1) I believe they do
2) Spikes\SR deal damage only upon the switch in, but yeah, why shouldn't they hit an ingrained Pkm?
3) here

Is baton pass a good alternative to protect in wish passing sets? Is Umbreon or Vaporeon a better wish passer?
Vaporeon is largely better in OU. And baton pass is not needed to pass wish, unless you want the wish passer to take the hit so that the recipient can switch in safely. In this case the strategy can work, just make sure to be slower than your opponent.

I wanted to report that if a lucky egg is knock off in battle, the experience points are still doubled i thought i was rather un expected :)
Ah, interesting. You can try posting this sort of information (if it isn't already listed onsite, and thus redundant) in the research thread. (Even nowadays, people are still discovering new interactions of Pokémon mechanics every now and then.)

Oops, I meant Ingrained Flying-type Poké =)
Spikes should hit I think. So an ingrained Ninjask can be knocked out in one turn using only residual damage. 50% from SR, 25% from 3x Spikes, 12.5% from 1x Toxic Spikes, and 12.5% from any weather =D

Question: How does Perish Song interact with Soundproof? Is PS removed the moment a poké with soundproof is switched in, or does it only block PS at the end of 3 counts?

Is baton pass a good alternative to protect in wish passing sets? Is Umbreon or Vaporeon a better wish passer?
IMO I prefer Umbreon due to it's high defences, and it being able to trap (and yawn/flash/confuse) pass as well. Both pokés have same base speed anyways. Unless you're playing a baton pass team, there should be better wish passers out there like Jirachi, whom can U-turn after Wish for extra damage instead of simply switching. Cheers =D

What three moves work best on DDGyara? Is SE obligitory?
When you are using 2 moves: Waterfall and Stone Edge are preferable.
When you are using 3 moves: Waterfall, Earthquake and Ice Fang are your best choice.

Note that Stone Edge/ Bounce could be used over Ice Fang to hit opposing Gyarados/ Grass types harder.

1) Where's the best place to find competition for double battles (on the DS, not simulators)? Not many people in the Battle Me threads seem to be up for it.

2) Is there a general Smogon battling chat room or IRC channel? I'd prefer arranging matches in real-time rather than by forum posts.

2 Questions:

1. What's a good moveset for a Rain Dance Zapdos?

2. If a Rotom Forme is copied to PBR, will it keep its better stats and move?

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
2. Rotom Formes aren't programmed into PBR, and you can't connect to PBR using Platinum anyway.
1. Rain Dance / Roost / Thunder / HP Ice

2. Rotom Formes aren't programmed into PBR, and you can't connect to PBR using Platinum anyway.
Platinum can communicate with Battle Revolution.

EDIT: Reposting for new page:

1) Where's the best place to find competition for double battles (on the DS, not simulators)? Not many people in the Battle Me threads seem to be up for it.

2) Is there a general Smogon battling chat room or IRC channel? I'd prefer arranging matches in real-time rather than by forum posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)