Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Can somebody give me the best IV spread for a legal Hasty or Naive Mewtwo in SoulSilver without decreasing Attack, Special Attack and Speed. No Hidden Powers.

Thank You.

hasty mewtwo with the iv spread 31/31/30/31/31/31 is legal
naive mewtwo with the iv spread 31/31/29/31/30/31 is also legal

Aeron Ee1

Nom nom nom
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Which Pokemon fulfill the same role as SdLuke, Agiligross and SubPetaya Empoleon? As in late-game sweepers. I've found my favorite and most effective playstyle to be the one's that aim for their sweeps (all of their teams have reached the upper 1300s at least).

Ok simple question. When looking up a pokemon on smogon it shows the statistics. it has min- min max max+. What determines the stats, are they random? Are the max+ EV trained? I don't really get how that works.

Sorry another question... Is there a proper level to EV train a pokemon?

Min - is the lowest stat: 0 EV's and negative nature
Max + is 252 EV's and positive nature

You can EV train any level, except level 100

Min - is the lowest stat: 0 EV's and negative nature
Max + is 252 EV's and positive nature

You can EV train any level, except level 100
Thanks for the quick reply, what does min and max stand up as? min=positive nature onlyand max=ev trained only? since there is -min min max max+. Sorry for the dumb question ^^;

On my Diamond I PalParked over six Pokemon from my FireRed game. I sent over the three birds, Mewtwo, Pupitar, and the UK Aura Mew (which I got myself from the Event.)

However all of them say they are from Kanto, and the Mew says it's from Hoenn. Which is this? I have never used any cheat devices, used glithes, or even traded with anyone ever, so I cannot understand why??

BlueEew:

A Pokemon migrated from a GBA game will have a "game of origin" that depends on where it was caught. A Pokemon that was "met in a fateful encounter" will assume Hoenn by default (and therefore the "game of origin" Ruby and Sapphire), since in the GBA games, "fateful encounter" does not correspond to any particular place.

The Mew was "met in a fateful encounter", so the game takes the game of origin as "Ruby and Sapphire" and will say that Mew "arrived" from "Hoenn."

For the other Pokemon, the "game of origin" is "FireRed", so the game will say that each of those Pokemon "arrived" from "Kanto".

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What does the suspect usage in the statistic mean?

Thanks.
It relates to the usage of Pokemon in the Suspect Tier, which is a tier that exists to test out whether a specific suspect Pokemon is Uber or not.

In the most recent case the suspect Pokemon was Salamence, the Suspect Tier was used to test out an OU metagame without Salamence. The results from that test eventually resulted in the banning of Salamence from OU to Ubers.

Two questions:

1) If a pokemon is asleep and switches out, when it switches back in is its sleep counter reset to 2-5? If so, if they are asleep due to rest and switch out, is the sleep counter set to 3 or 2-5?

2) If I'm inflicted with regular poison but switch into two layers of toxic spikes, does the new poison trump the old? This is useful to know for Milotic due to Marvel Scale.

EDIT: Thanks purple crobatchop and BurningMan! If Rest doesn't reset then I doubt enemy-induced sleep would either, but if anybody thinks otherwise just post so.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Two questions:

1) If a pokemon is asleep and switches out, when it switches back in is its sleep counter reset to 2-5? If so, if they are asleep due to rest and switch out, is the sleep counter set to 3 or 2-5?

2) If I'm inflicted with regular poison but switch into two layers of toxic spikes, does the new poison trump the old? This is useful to know for Milotic due to Marvel Scale.
dont know about the first one but the if your "normal" poisoned you cant get "heavily" poisend

Two questions:

I think that it will not reset, since when using rest and switch out the counter remains the same. In competitive battling speaking though, you can dream on waking up unless your opponent wastes his/her time.

Unlike Pokemon TCG, a Pokemon has no means of removing a status aliment other than Heal Bell/Aromatherary, therefore the old (regular) Poison stays and will not be replaced by the new (badly) poison.

It relates to the usage of Pokemon in the Suspect Tier, which is a tier that exists to test out whether a specific suspect Pokemon is Uber or not.

In the most recent case the suspect Pokemon was Salamence, the Suspect Tier was used to test out an OU metagame without Salamence. The results from that test eventually resulted in the banning of Salamence from OU to Ubers.
Sorry, I don't really get it. Does it mean the Suspect Usage is a tier played when a Pokemon is decided to be banned? Does it test if the results are balanced in the new tier? Is there no Suspect Usage when no one is being banned? Thanks.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry, I don't really get it. Does it mean the Suspect Usage is a tier played when a Pokemon is decided to be banned? Does it test if the results are balanced in the new tier? Is there no Suspect Usage when no one is being banned? Thanks.
Correct. The Suspect Tier tests whether a balanced metagame can exist without the suspect Pokemon. Because no Pokemon are suspect right now no Suspect Tier exists.

The Suspect tier is just like you asked, it's a "let's see what the metagame is like without [Pokémon name]." So no, there is no Suspect tier other than when a Pokémon is being considered for Ubers.

I think I somewhat missed the point on my last question. Say, in theory, that my Scyther is level 100. No EVs what so ever. If I EV train him, will I still recieve stat bonuses? Or do EVs just affect growth during level-ups?

And thanks for your help, Kestral.

I think I somewhat missed the point on my last question. Say, in theory, that my Scyther is level 100. No EVs what so ever. If I EV train him, will I still recieve stat bonuses? Or do EVs just affect growth during level-ups?

And thanks for your help, Kestral.
You can't EV train level 100 Pokemon because they no longer gain experience. The best you can do is put 100 EVs in each stat with vitamins and then deposit in the box, exit, and then withdraw it to have the stats recalculated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)