1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Discussion in 'Stark Mountain' started by Haunter, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

According to Bulbapedia, the chance of a shiny appearing after your chain hits 40 is 1/200.
  2. Tolan

Tolan Wi-Fi Blacklisted

Really? I could have sworn it was higher...
  3. LafondaOnFire

LafondaOnFire

Well 1 in 200 sounds about right... considering how I didn't encounter a shiny patch. Thanks!
  4. iDChuck

iDChuck

would any one trade a perfect LV.1 IV stat Impish Skarmory with moves brave bird, whirlwind, roost, and spike?

I want to start to get into making a team, and this actually discourages me that I can't get a perfect 31 down the list of IV's.

anyone care to give me a lending hand??
  5. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

If I apply vitamins to my Mismagius and other EV enhancers in Gen 4 will those changes pass over to Gen 5?
  6. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Check out the Simple Questions/Requests thread.

Yes.
  7. ~Eon~

~Eon~

Do people still battle in 4th gen? Can't seem to find people on the battle.net..
  8. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

Is there a hack on Pokemon pearl that lets you steal a persons Pokemon?

Cuz I think I just got flints infernape in a trade...

Does flint give you his infernape in any of the 4th gen games?
  9. Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

An Action Replay code allows it, but certain websites record information of NCP's Pokémon so you could legitimately create one
  10. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

What is a NCP?

It is in a masterball. Is it a 'legal' hack?
  11. Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Sorry, meant to say NPC referencing a non-playable character in the game. But since it's in a Master Ball, it is a hack, but without more information I can't determine its legality
  12. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

All stats/ivs are in order. Lowest iv is 29. So usable yes? No hacked moves either...
  13. ~Eon~

~Eon~

I dont think its possible to get infernape in a master ball since you cant find them in the wild?
  14. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

is it possible to have an SID of 2008 in pokemon pearl? because i got that number, and it seems a little short.
  15. jukappa

jukappa

Question regarding GSC: As soon as I catch a Pokemon regardless of level it will have 0 stat experience correct? I ask because I am wondering if I can plug its stats into a DV calculator and correctly get its DV values.
  16. Aether Nexus

Aether Nexus

Introduction to Wi-Fi in 4th gen:

So with that posted, here's my question now: Are Shaymin-S, Giratina-O, and the Rotom formes available to use on Wi-Fi now? It's been a few years since Platinum has been out, and I remember you couldn't use their formes on Wi-Fi, but I just watched a battle on YouTube and saw the person using a Shaymin-S on Wi-Fi. Has it been fixed or did s/he use a code to be able to do that?

I'm pretty sure they're able to be used in 5th gen battles, but I could be wrong. I'm only wondering if they work in 4th gen Wi-Fi battles for right now. Thanks in advance.

~ Aether Nexus
  17. Aquaspeeder

Aquaspeeder

DPPt/HGSS question: Does a guide exist detailing Battle Tower AI mechanics? I'm looking for something along the lines of what attack the AI would use in a given matchup, specifically if it has two or more equally viable options.
  18. Cygnus

Cygnus

HGSS question: I am super frustrated. I'm trying to breed an Aerodactyl with perfect/near perfect IVs and I just don't understand RNG. I've done over 1 hour of reading/youtube tutorials and I just don't get it.

I'm trying to get:
    Aerodactyl, Jolly nature, near perfect or perfect IVs in everything but special attack (don't care what it turns out to be), and have pressure as an ability.

I have: both parents, perfect IVs

I have eontimer, RNG reporter 8.31, a 3DS, Soul Silver

If someone could tell me what I have to do in simple plain terms I would really appreciate it.
  19. Aquaspeeder

Aquaspeeder

Do you have an old amber in your pack? because if you don't need any egg moves, then I recommend trying to get aero by reviving the fossil, as it's much simpler to RNG than breeding.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)