1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Discussion in 'Stark Mountain' started by Haunter, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

According to Bulbapedia, the chance of a shiny appearing after your chain hits 40 is 1/200.
  2. Tolan

Tolan Wi-Fi Blacklisted

Really? I could have sworn it was higher...
  3. LafondaOnFire

LafondaOnFire

Well 1 in 200 sounds about right... considering how I didn't encounter a shiny patch. Thanks!
  4. iDChuck

iDChuck

would any one trade a perfect LV.1 IV stat Impish Skarmory with moves brave bird, whirlwind, roost, and spike?

I want to start to get into making a team, and this actually discourages me that I can't get a perfect 31 down the list of IV's.

anyone care to give me a lending hand??
  5. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

If I apply vitamins to my Mismagius and other EV enhancers in Gen 4 will those changes pass over to Gen 5?
  6. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Check out the Simple Questions/Requests thread.

Yes.
  7. ~Eon~

~Eon~

Do people still battle in 4th gen? Can't seem to find people on the battle.net..
  8. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

Is there a hack on Pokemon pearl that lets you steal a persons Pokemon?

Cuz I think I just got flints infernape in a trade...

Does flint give you his infernape in any of the 4th gen games?
  9. Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

An Action Replay code allows it, but certain websites record information of NCP's Pokémon so you could legitimately create one
  10. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

What is a NCP?

It is in a masterball. Is it a 'legal' hack?
  11. Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Sorry, meant to say NPC referencing a non-playable character in the game. But since it's in a Master Ball, it is a hack, but without more information I can't determine its legality
  12. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

All stats/ivs are in order. Lowest iv is 29. So usable yes? No hacked moves either...
  13. ~Eon~

~Eon~

I dont think its possible to get infernape in a master ball since you cant find them in the wild?
  14. ShadowMonkey

ShadowMonkey

is it possible to have an SID of 2008 in pokemon pearl? because i got that number, and it seems a little short.
  15. jukappa

jukappa

Question regarding GSC: As soon as I catch a Pokemon regardless of level it will have 0 stat experience correct? I ask because I am wondering if I can plug its stats into a DV calculator and correctly get its DV values.
  16. Aether Nexus

Aether Nexus

Introduction to Wi-Fi in 4th gen:

So with that posted, here's my question now: Are Shaymin-S, Giratina-O, and the Rotom formes available to use on Wi-Fi now? It's been a few years since Platinum has been out, and I remember you couldn't use their formes on Wi-Fi, but I just watched a battle on YouTube and saw the person using a Shaymin-S on Wi-Fi. Has it been fixed or did s/he use a code to be able to do that?

I'm pretty sure they're able to be used in 5th gen battles, but I could be wrong. I'm only wondering if they work in 4th gen Wi-Fi battles for right now. Thanks in advance.

~ Aether Nexus
  17. Aquaspeeder

Aquaspeeder

DPPt/HGSS question: Does a guide exist detailing Battle Tower AI mechanics? I'm looking for something along the lines of what attack the AI would use in a given matchup, specifically if it has two or more equally viable options.
  18. Cygnus

Cygnus

HGSS question: I am super frustrated. I'm trying to breed an Aerodactyl with perfect/near perfect IVs and I just don't understand RNG. I've done over 1 hour of reading/youtube tutorials and I just don't get it.

I'm trying to get:
    Aerodactyl, Jolly nature, near perfect or perfect IVs in everything but special attack (don't care what it turns out to be), and have pressure as an ability.

I have: both parents, perfect IVs

I have eontimer, RNG reporter 8.31, a 3DS, Soul Silver

If someone could tell me what I have to do in simple plain terms I would really appreciate it.
  19. Aquaspeeder

Aquaspeeder

Do you have an old amber in your pack? because if you don't need any egg moves, then I recommend trying to get aero by reviving the fossil, as it's much simpler to RNG than breeding.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)