Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

on the breeding guide part II, it talks about catching dittos with perfect IV's, then breeding the dittos to give other pokemon good IV's. But how do you determine the IV's of a captured ditto when it isn't level 5

-i heard HGSS games made 31/31/31/31/31/31 IVs easier. What exactly does this mean?

-so, assuming from my last question, i can use 1 Uber in an OU team?

I miss Pokemon.. but when I played HGSS when it first arrived it just wasnt fun for me.

Any tips? Which starter would be good to use and enjoy?

I miss Pokemon.. but when I played HGSS when it first arrived it just wasnt fun for me.

Any tips? Which starter would be good to use and enjoy?
One popular method for breathing new life into the old single-player mode is to place restrictions on yourself. Here in Stark, you can see threads for the Nuzlocke Challenge and the Scramble Challenge, two prominent examples of this. Some people do no-items runs, "solo" runs where only one Pokemon is used to battle (you have to have some HM slaves as well), etc.

A hex-flawless Pokemon is one that has straight 31's in all six of its stats. Hex means six, so that's why those Pokemon are sometimes called hex flawless.

EDIT: @Despotar: No. "Quint-" is the prefix for 5. Hex is for six, just like as in a hexagon.

31 on each stat? At which level?

Is there a stat calculator when I can just punch in Base Stats and EVs / IVs and get the stats at a given level? Most of the ones I've found require you select a given pokemon and enters the stats of that pokemon. I want to try things with theoretical pokemon.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That one still requires choosing a pokemon. I want to be able to enter any set of base stats and get calcs. I want to be able to enter the stats for a pokemon with 26 HP and 209 Attack as base stats.
Bulbapedia said:
A Pokémon's base stats will most often have the greatest influence over their specific stats at any level. Disregarding individual values, effort values, and Nature, a level 100 Pokémon's stats in Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, and Special Defense will be exactly 5 more than double its base stats in each, while the HP stat will be 10 more than the Pokémon's level plus double the base stat (except in the case of Shedinja, whose HP is always 1).
Then you can just add the EVs/4 and the IVs to the stats, while multiplying the stat by 1.1 or .9 according to the nature. You can also write a script to do it faster. I don't know of any online resource to do that.

Which two attacking types offer the most coverage in the OU metagame?
Fire / Fighting is also really good offensively, one of the reasons Infernape is very good.

Fighting / Ice is pretty much ultimate in super effective coverage getting 9/16 Super effectives.

That one still requires choosing a pokemon. I want to be able to enter any set of base stats and get calcs. I want to be able to enter the stats for a pokemon with 26 HP and 209 Attack as base stats.
Capn', there's Libelldra's damage calc. It lets you plug in the stats directly (atk, def, base power), with disregard of either pokemon/move:

http://cherubi.com/tools/calculators/damage/

Edit: @poccil, sorry, did not notice your message while writing mine.

Fire / Fighting is also really good offensively, one of the reasons Infernape is very good.

Fighting / Ice is pretty much ultimate in super effective coverage getting 9/16 Super effectives.
there are 17 types.

Also, most used ones are ice-electric, fighting ghost, fighting rock, rock ground, normal water, and dragon+ground+fire

Which two attacking types offer the most coverage in the OU metagame?
The famous BoltBeam combo (Electric and Ice) is completely resisted only by Magnezone, Lanturn, and Shedinja.

Togekiss' Air Slash + Aura Sphere (Flying and Fighting) is also only completely resisted by Zapdos and Rotom formes.

I'm trying to breed Eevees so that I can evolve them into Umbreon for their synchronize. I heard this will give a Poke a 50% chance of having the same nature as the Poke with synchronize.

1. Is this true?

2. What are the most common nature types I would need for Pokemon to use in the metagame.

I am trying to catch a Mesprit with a good nature. When is the nature set for Mesprit, is it when I see it in the cave, or when I see it for the first time in the wild and it flees?

Just a quick question. I remember there used to be that team type weakness chart, where you input the pokes you wanted and it listed all the weaknesses, and now I can't find it. Can anyone help me out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)